It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is gay

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ya know what Skippy, forget yourself for a moment and re-read this post. You SHOULD see your ignorance and a feeble attempt to justify something because fro some reason, you really need to. Youre looking for a man to answer a question when you only trust yourself.

Seriously, your ignorance is showing. I am not trying be mean, its just that you are wanting a branch as long as it doesn't come from a tree.

It is obvious that you really want to believe this - you NEED to believe this, yet you are here to asking for someone to proove you wrong. Why is that? Most people reading this should already know, but you cannot see yourself.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Jungle: If you an I were sitting in REAL LIFE next to each other I could easily prove to you I was not Ted Kennedy. Maybe I cant over the internet, but if we were together in REAL LIFE, you could not prove to me in any way, shape or form that God wasnt gay. Or he existed for that matter.

100% of everything we all know about God and our religions, was written in a book by men just like us. The authors of this book have never met God. They speculate about what a being that they have never met thinks.

And you can prove what from that book? You can only believe it or not believe it, but you can prove nothing from it.

My belief that he is gay (could be), is no less credible than anybodies belief that he isnt. Its all opinion and speculation.

(I am still Ted Kennedy)

[edit on 28-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Assuming we're speaking of the biblical, Judeo-Christian, male, sentient God, he very well could be gay - as in homosexual. We don't know. Nobody truly knows God - we just assume we do.

And as for the comment, paraphrased: God would be a hypocrite if he were homosexual, because he is against homosexuality. For the sake of discussion and humor, I'll reply.

God, in the context of the bible, already is a hypocrite, according to the bible.

Example:
God is against murder, according to the bible.
-- He advocates the murder of infants and ripping pregnant women open (Hosea 13:16
he destroys Sodom and Gomorrah; the Flood; the Plagues; the Apocalypse. There are many examples, from the bible, which I will provide if required - even though the original poster will discard them.

If God can be a hypocrite in one way, why not another?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOBO
Assuming we're speaking of the biblical, Judeo-Christian, male, sentient God, he very well could be gay - as in homosexual. We don't know. Nobody truly knows God - we just assume we do.

And as for the comment, paraphrased: God would be a hypocrite if he were homosexual, because he is against homosexuality. For the sake of discussion and humor, I'll reply.

God, in the context of the bible, already is a hypocrite, according to the bible.

Example:
God is against murder, according to the bible.
-- He advocates the murder of infants and ripping pregnant women open (Hosea 13:16
he destroys Sodom and Gomorrah; the Flood; the Plagues; the Apocalypse. There are many examples, from the bible, which I will provide if required - even though the original poster will discard them.

If God can be a hypocrite in one way, why not another?

Lobo, thank you for giving my thread a real response based on your knowledge of your beliefs and the tools of your beliefs.

I know my topic is "edgy" and possibly even over the edge, but it is as legitimate of a question or statement as any. And since religion is based on interpetation and beliefs a topic of this nature will always be a hot debate.

Again Lobo, thanks for a well structured response.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
God cant be gay.lol this is a dumb topic. God doesnt have a penis or a vagina, and evan if God were to give himself one He would have no other God to do it with because there is only one God.

I see lobo mentioned Sodam and Gamora. Do you know why he destroyed them? Its because they were gay and commited other sins like murder and stealing like it was a common thing to do.

Lol if God was gay then the universe would be pink instead of black.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
The part that most of you "hard core" believers dont get, is you cant prove anything in refference to God. At all. You know what you hear from others and what you read from a book. Thats it.

So, I dont get upset when some of you react the way you do to a statement like the one I have made. You are deffending the beliefs that have been fed to you. You are sensitive to your belief.

But you will never undertsand that ALTERNATE beliefs to yours are just as legitimate, no matter how much it is against your own.

I could believe that supersonic purple hamsters created the Earth and everything on it, and so long as I truly believed it, that belief is as sound as any other. Even yours.

So it still stands, I believe God is gay and nobody here has yet to prove anything else.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
skippy, what you're missing is that you can prove nothing. There is nothing you can do that can be proven as having happened, nothing you can say, such as 2 plus 2 equals 4, can be proven. It all takes faith.

Can you state anything that has been proven? Not proven beyond a resonable doubt, but actually, factually proven. Ted

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I God were homosexual, homosexuality would not be considered a sin,

and by the way ...im sure God is VERY GAY ... once the word GAY means HAPPY !

as to God advocating floods and the destruction of Soddom, ... well you rip what you sow. cant expect to commict all sort of crime and depravation and not be punished. If God is an hipocrite for punishing what is WRONg, than so are we ... why bother to have prisons ??? let release all the murderers, rapists, child molesters..ect. etc.etc... lets not be mean and evil like God, right ??? lol... i mean really !

[edit on 28-2-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
skippy, what you're missing is that you can prove nothing. There is nothing you can do that can be proven as having happened, nothing you can say, such as 2 plus 2 equals 4, can be proven. It all takes faith.

Can you state anything that has been proven? Not proven beyond a resonable doubt, but actually, factually proven. Ted

By your logic even refutes your own thoughts. I can prove more of my own beliefs in life than any person can prove about a God they believe in.

Your argument doesnt btw, go against mine. All I need is faith in ANYTHING I want and its as legitimate as any religion or belief. Even if that belief is that somebody else's God is a homosexual. Get it?

Remember: Some people a couple of thousand years ago thought the Sunwas a God. They had faith and they believed. But we all now it isnt true, thats just silly right? Or is it?

So faith is faith, not matter what your putting that faith in.

And mine is that God is gay. Or can be gay rather.

-Teddy

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
amazing what people will say or post to get atention ...lol

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Skippy, you're missing my point. I can tell this because you're stating my point while explaining it to me as though I don't understand it.

Nothing can be proven, so your point is as valid as mine. However, there enters into the mix evidence. Where does the evidence point? Ahh, but then we get into credible evidence. What kind of evidence is credible to you? Why is other evidence not credible? Beyond a reasonal doubt is there because there can always be doubt, it's just not reasonable. No matter how much you would try to convince me in real life that you are who you say you are, I could doubt. I wouldn't, because so much evidence would be backing you up, but that would only be because I accepted the evidence.

As of yet, your whole case for God being gay is that no one can prove otherwise without using theological texts. So one of three things, in my mind, are taking place here.

1) You don't understand that you get no points for posting in BTS, and are trolling for points in a most inept manner

--or--

2) You have a deep seeded need to be accepted for something your conscious mind won't even accept, so you have created a God who finds that acceptable.

--or--

3) You're going to deliver a punchline/ are having fun at the expense of ATSers.

Just my take, I could be wrong.

And as far as me needing to prove that he is gay, is moot.

I'm going with number 1.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
skippytjc LOL.......you do know that you do not accumulate points in BTS don't you!?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
as to God advocating floods and the destruction of Soddom, ... well you rip what you sow. cant expect to commict all sort of crime and depravation and not be punished. If God is an hipocrite for punishing what is WRONg, than so are we ... why bother to have prisons ??? let release all the murderers, rapists, child molesters..ect. etc.etc... lets not be mean and evil like God, right ??? lol... i mean really !

Hey, I'm just pointing out that he is a hypocrite in one way - ie, doing what he says is wrong; therefore, it is possible for him to be a hypocrite in another - a homosexual. I used examples from the bible to point out his hypocracy with his claim that murder is a sin, then he murders himself. You can try to justify it all you want, but murder is murder - God or not. If a prisoner is executed, the state has committed murder, but they're not punished because they are the authority. Same for God. He's sinning his "omnipresent" ass off - but nobody's raising a finger, because they don't want the Spirit to kick them in the ass later.

I'm not saying God is gay. I'm saying it's possible. I'm also saying that we don't know, you least of all.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is rediculous. Basically, you've asked us a question, and then told us NOT to answer with the correct and logical answers, and told us we have no proof. You already answered your question in your first post. Homosexual means to have sexual desires for another person of your same gender. This is why the word is homosexual. The emphasis being on the 'sexual' part.God loves all, and does not have sexual desires.

If this does not convice you, here are the definitions; straight from dictionary.com.

Main Entry: 1ho·mo·sex·u·al
Pronunciation: "hO-m&-'seksh-(&-)w&l, -'sek-sh&l
Function: adjective
1 : of, relating to, or characterized by a tendency to direct sexual desire toward individuals of one's own sex —compare HETEROSEXUAL 1a
2 : of, relating to, or involving sexual intercourse between individuals of the same sex —compare HETEROSEXUAL 1b —ho·mo·sex·u·al·ly /-E/ adverb

Source: Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

Main Entry: 2homosexual
Function: noun
: a homosexual individual and especially a male

homosexual

adj : sexually attracted to members of your own sex [ant: bisexual, heterosexual] n : someone who practices homosexuality; having a sexual attraction to persons of the same sex [syn: homo, gay]

Dictionary.com

By the way, if you believe in the same God of the bible (ie: the God about whom you're arguing), then you believe that the bible is inspired by the word of God, thus taking care of the other point you told us all not to use.

I'd like a response from you please.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
God cannot be a homosexual. He is not evan a sexual

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuDaCrIs
If being gay is a sin, then i suppose we would have to assume GOD isnt gay. Why would GOD be something he is against???? That would be a bit hypocritical dont ya think?

Isn't there like 50 references to gay relations in the bible, not to mention incest and what not?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I GOT IT!!!!!

OK, Skippy, here it is. Here is the PROOF you are seeking:

IF God was gay, he probably wouldn't have created woman, and if He did create woman, he'd have made her ugly - thus to promote gayness.

CASE CLOSED!

However, I still bet you'll argue that. If so, I give up.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:41 PM
link   
GodServant...that wont serve as proove either...because than theyll deabte creation...so youll just go around in circles...on and on and on...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
If God was gay, then when he made Adam he would have made Steve instead of Eve dont ya think?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
Actually, one must look at the why the need for sex in the first place...

the most common reason for having sex is for having babies...so that the species population would survive or something like that...

What would God need to have sexual needs or preferences...

Spiritual beings doesn't have any sexual attributes...because they dont need it...they are pure energy...

God is both (Positive and Negative) Or just Neutral

However, If I were to give God any sexual attribute, it would be either:

Asexual or Bisexual!

God is Neutral...

No God is Asexual...

Actually, God is Bisexual...

...Oh wait...I am God...

No...I am 'I am'...

I think i going banana...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join