Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

God is gay

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Any proof that he is not gay? The Bible was written by man, not God. So where in the Bible does God state his sexual prefference? I know I know, he is not man and doesnt have any sexual desire, thats the easy answer of course. But he feels emotions, feels love, so why cant he be gay? Prove to me he isnt, and dont quote the Bible, because thats just a book of mans opinions and interpetations of God will. Its not Gods journal.

Some other discussions on the subject:
ldssinglesnetwork.com...

groups.msn.com...

[edit on 28-2-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If being gay is a sin, then i suppose we would have to assume GOD isnt gay. Why would GOD be something he is against???? That would be a bit hypocritical dont ya think?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
But he feels emotions, feels love,

And you can prove this how?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   
God is gay. As am I. Many people are genuinely happy. He (God) is not, however, homosexual. The only proof I could offer you would be via scripture, which I suspect you'll discount, though you're debating a teological arguement. So...what, exactly, would constitute proof for you?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hahaha...what a funny topic. You say not to use the easy answer, but that is the most logical one. What would be the point of God having homosexual desires? Will they be vented on the other God guy instead of the God woman?
God feels emotions, love, that is right. But God does not feel lust. Lust for what? Lust is a human (or animal) emotion. Like hunger and the need to piss.
God is not gay, or straight. God does not have a sexual preference.
This is of course, assuming that you are talking about the Monotheistic concept of God. If your belief is that there is a whole bunch of gods up there playing board games with the universe, and deciding everyones fate, that is your belief, and you can make your god gay if you wish.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
but the whole religion thing, what's up with that??
Angelic Choruses, Divine Lights, Fabulous Gowns...

PUHLEEZEE...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
How does God's sexual orientation fit into "Conspiracies in Religions" ?

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Actually, one must look at the why the need for sex in the first place...

the most common reason for having sex is for having babies...so that the species population would survive or something like that...

What would God need to have sexual needs or preferences...

Spiritual beings doesn't have any sexual attributes...because they dont need it...they are pure energy...

God is both (Positive and Negative) Or just Neutral

However, If I were to give God any sexual attribute, it would be either:

Asexual or Bisexual!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrubber
How does God's sexual orientation fit into "Conspiracies in Religions" ?

Well if you live in Troll land, anything fits anywhere......

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OK, this thread is going a bit too far. This is nothing more than someone looking for attention or a thread with many, many replied to do nothing more than stir up many people and begin an arguement.

Always proof is looked for. You idiots, open your eyes. If the creators throne could always be seen in the sky, then everyone would behave. Then how could the creator know who was doing the right thing for the right reasons. Are you doing the right thing because you want to go to a better place after or is it because you truly want to serve good.

Pride is your mistake. Looking for proof of God will always turn up nothing. Looking to serve him, proof pops up. Nobody can provide proof because each person that really tries to find God has his presence shown in a very personal way. And since God is at the top of spiritual achievement, he has conquered the 7 deadly sins. Sexual preference is connected to lust. And since finding God is done by overcoming sin, he is found above them, including lust. He does not have a sexual preference - he just loves man and woman.

We have to realize that we are dumb. A dog will never learn to talk, and he will never even wonder what talking is. There is much we don't know too, because it is beyond us to even wonder about some things. To call God gay, is not only very offensive, but it even shows how stupid man is - to think that God has a sexual preference is thinking like a dog, bringing him down to our level. His thoughts are way beyond what we could even wonder about.

I can't believe I am actually responding to this post.

Sometimes looking outside of the box means looking deeper inside.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservantSometimes looking outside of the box means looking deeper inside.

This is just honkeypoopoo...It's nice to meet you godservant...I invite you to look at my posting here. It's a true an open honest attempt at discussion not argument

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Nice signature: He is indeed!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
My point is, not one of you, not one can prove that he isn’t Gay. The very resource you use as your "proof" was written by man, not God.

God is/was/could be gay. And not one of you can prove me wrong, even if you quote the Bible, because that wasn’t written by God himself.

Most of religion is just stuff some MAN decided was the way it is. And one of them one day, when the topic of homosexuality was brought up, decided that God thinks being gay is a sin. Then it was written. And that’s it. Just because some dude a couple of 1000 years ago didn’t like gays, now God doesn’t. And every one of you who allow yourselves to be scared into believing their will, now thinks being gay is a sin. You are actually scared to think otherwise.

Well, I am telling you God is gay. Prove me wrong. You simply cant.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

This is your thread so YOU prove to me that God is Gay.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
OK, this thread is going a bit too far. This is nothing more than someone looking for attention or a thread with many, many replied to do nothing more than stir up many people and begin an arguement.

Always proof is looked for. You idiots, open your eyes. If the creators throne could always be seen in the sky, then everyone would behave. Then how could the creator know who was doing the right thing for the right reasons. Are you doing the right thing because you want to go to a better place after or is it because you truly want to serve good.

Pride is your mistake. Looking for proof of God will always turn up nothing. Looking to serve him, proof pops up. Nobody can provide proof because each person that really tries to find God has his presence shown in a very personal way. And since God is at the top of spiritual achievement, he has conquered the 7 deadly sins. Sexual preference is connected to lust. And since finding God is done by overcoming sin, he is found above them, including lust. He does not have a sexual preference - he just loves man and woman.

We have to realize that we are dumb. A dog will never learn to talk, and he will never even wonder what talking is. There is much we don't know too, because it is beyond us to even wonder about some things. To call God gay, is not only very offensive, but it even shows how stupid man is - to think that God has a sexual preference is thinking like a dog, bringing him down to our level. His thoughts are way beyond what we could even wonder about.

I can't believe I am actually responding to this post.

Sometimes looking outside of the box means looking deeper inside.

The one thing that has been proven is that idea of Sin is the invention of man...which came from the Bible...which is also man's creation...

There no such thing as Sin!

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

This Is Not A Conspiracy Related Topic

What Is Your Point?

TROLL ALERT

[edit on 28-2-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Again with proof. What makes you think God has a sexual preference. You are just trying to start an arguement.

Proof is an idiots tool. Does a lightbult truly emmit light? Can you proove it? And don't give me your science book because it was written by man. How do you know that a lightbulb doesn't just suck in darkness? Maybe it is black when it burns out because it is full of dark. Can you proove it? Does it emmit light or suck in dark. Proove it!

You want proof, "but don't quote out of the bible because it was written by man" you say. Well, what anyone posts here will have been written by man. I have a feeling that even if proof was shown in words here, you'd still try and justify your own actions by bending the laws of nature to fit your own desires. If you want gay and spiritual to be together, you can bend things to meet a certain level of 'its ok' in your own mind.

Bend away, you wouldn't see anything else anyway.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I understand this is a very sensitive topic. I am not scared to talk about it, although most believers are. I guess even contemplating the fact that God may be gay maybe a sin in itself?

And as far as me needing to prove that he is gay, is moot. 100% of everything in this board is speculation based on systems of belief created by man. So nothing posted on any of these threads can technically be proven. So my BELIEF that God is gay is just as sound as somebodies belief in him at all, let alone what his sexual prefference is. Or even that he is male for that matter.

God is gay, thats what I beleive. Prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
skippytjc is Ted Kennedy. That's what I believe, now you prove me wrong.

Groundhogs are taking over the world. That's what I believe, now you prove me wrong.

All computer harddrives are eminating dooma radiation to lower our will power. That's what I believe, now you prove me wrong.

George Bush is actually an intricate system of pullies and levers. That's what I believe, prove me wrong.

I am God, and can make statements with no evidence whatsoever and force you to have to come up with evidence to go against my outlandish statements yet mine do not need anything to back them up because I am God. That's what I believe, prove me wrong.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
skippytjc is Ted Kennedy. That's what I believe, now you prove me wrong.

Groundhogs are taking over the world. That's what I believe, now you prove me wrong.

All computer harddrives are eminating dooma radiation to lower our will power. That's what I believe, now you prove me wrong.

George Bush is actually an intricate system of pullies and levers. That's what I believe, prove me wrong.

I am God, and can make statements with no evidence whatsoever and force you to have to come up with evidence to go against my outlandish statements yet mine do not need anything to back them up because I am God. That's what I believe, prove me wrong.

But, in RL I could easily prove to you that I am not Ted Kennedy. But if you and I were standing next to each other, you cannot prove to me that God even exists, let alone if he is gay or not. Your analogies arent good.

(I am Ted Kennedy btw)

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The analogies were perfect. You've made an outrageous claim (Ex: you are Ted Kennedy). You said believe me or prove me wrong without giving any evidence except to say, prove to me he's not. (Prove to me you're not Ted Kennedy. You could do this if you were to prove that it is, in fact, skippy standing next to me, and not some Ted Kennedy front man. You CANNOT prove to me you're NOT Kennedy.) When someone you why you believe this, you ask why they don't (Someone asks me why I believe you're Ted Kennedy, and I say why do you believe he's not. Very Freudian.)

I would say the analogies were adequate, Ted.

If you were standing before God and somehow mustered up the courage to ask Him if he's gay, and He says "no", what's going to keep you from walking off thinking to yourself, "closet case..."? You'll believe what you want to believe because you want to believe what you believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join