It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Kimmel's mega-racist blackface video.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

It sounds like you are consistent.

That is good.

The problem is not what us peons on chat boards think, its what the people with real power think.

Many of them thought that kids that were attacked by black racists, confronted by a native activists who thought those black racists were telling those kids some truths, then had selective video put out by the media to make them look racists, then were doxxed and sent death threats to the point their school had to shut down for a few days,

(phew let me catch my breath)

They thought then it would be a good idea to look at that school going back years back to find any dirt to smear these kids with, and claim kids painted up for a black out game were doing black faec and racist.

Many of these very same people thought Megyn Kelly deserved to be punished or fired for saying white girls could dress up as their black heroes.

So the point is, those people with actual power are disgusting hypocrites that seek to weopinize charges of racism, but then have double standards when they feel like it.

And so we should all laugh at the hypocrites, and not be intimidated by their phony moral preening.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

I think what it boils down to for Kimmel, Danson, and their ilk is that as liberals they believe they have truly transcended racial bigotry and hatred, so their shtick is funny, But to them, conservatives most definitely have not which makes their shtick evil and racist.
edit on 2 2 2019 by underpass61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
careful, that was Karl Malone Kimmel was making fun of.

Dont want the PC crowd saying you are lumping all people of color together.

Was it? Shows how much basketball I watch. I thought it was that re-re Barkley, now I'm gonna have to look up the other one to see if he sounds just as stupid.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

She said it was (on Halloween) young girls showing how much they idolized Dianna Ross. Kelly's show was cancelled within 48 hours.

Her show was cancelled because her ratings were in the tank, that was just the excuse they used to do it.

I wonder how many black people thought Kimmel's mocking Carl Malone was funny.

Who cares?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

careful, that was Karl Malone Kimmel was making fun of.

Dont want the PC crowd saying you are lumping all people of color together.

Was it? Shows how much basketball I watch. I thought it was that re-re Barkley, now I'm gonna have to look up the other one to see if he sounds just as stupid.

It’s not a bad impression

Karl Malone , aka the Mailman.

Him and John Stockton are one of my favorite basketball tandems of all time

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Karl Malone , aka the Mailman.

Did he get that name because he's always giving my stuff to the neighbors and sleeping in the church parking lot?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

How about that movie with Robert Downey Jr. in black face (and body) for an entire film. What was that, Tropical Thunder or some such

Stupid movie

That was actually a really good movie...lol

I guess the question is why does all this even suggest it is racist? Is it OK for black people to joke about how whites talk? They do it not in a good way...never heard a black comedian talk white and it was a compliment to whites..to say the least...lol

edit on 2-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

How about that movie with Robert Downey Jr. in black face (and body) for an entire film. What was that, Tropical Thunder or some such

Stupid movie

It was a great movie...

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
a reply to: DAVID64

The Left will defend this by saying " it's comedy" or it was " just a joke".

excuse me, but pretty much everybody here said it was ok when them Covington high school kids did it... remember that? I mean everybody here said it was ok.... lets see what they say now?

^^This is what extreme brainwashing coupled with posting off-ya-chops looks like kids, just don't do drugs.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

That was cringeworthy. Kimmel is such an ass.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

The problem is not what us peons on chat boards think, its what the people with real power think.

Biggest issue of our time right there.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

So the point is, those people with actual power are disgusting hypocrites that seek to weopinize charges of racism, but then have double standards when they feel like it.

Agreed.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I thought Danson's cringe worthy.

It was, but even Whoopie Goldberg didn't know it was racist. I don't thing Ted Danson would have done it if Whoopie hadn't suggested it.

Flashback: Ted Danson donned blackface at Whoopi Goldberg's behest 20 years ago this month

Goldberg later took responsibility for the act and admitted that she had written Danson’s off-color material. Their relationship ended not long after the controversy subsided.
thegrio.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I don't have a problem with this, it's a sketch. Just like a don't have a problem when Dave Chappelle put on white make up for his sketches.

The problem is not the act itself. Its the hypocrisy from the left, the self righteous preaching they spew, and their over the top taking offence to everything when its convenient for them. Unfortunately the left has the loudest Microphone to preach their hypocrisy as well which makes it hard to completely tune out.

Also the problem is not really a problem its more of an annoyance level reached.

Dont get me wrong the neocon Republicans have reached the same level of hypocrisy when it comes to budget and just about every other issue aswell. However, the left imo is harder to avoid hearing their bs.

In the end Hollywood and politicians are a bunch of annoying d bags.

edit on 17228America/ChicagoSat, 02 Feb 2019 17:17:07 -0600000000p2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This isn’t fair.

Over 90% of the leftists on this very site get their ‘news’ from Jimmy Kimmel. Comedy Central is genuinely a viable ‘news’ source for them (because even they know that cnn is NOT a real ‘news’ source).

Highlighting the FACT that Jimmy Kimmel is a racist (like the vast majority of leftists are) is not fair on those weaklings whose sensibilities will be assaulted when exposed to facts.

Mods might want to remove this op as it does seem to be very ‘triggering’ for our less-robust members.

Jimmy Kimmel is an ultra-sexist and a racist. That’s not an opinion. He’s also held in very high regard by the entire left-wing population of ats.

Funny that.
edit on 2 2 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well, yes.

If I don't decide what's funny for me, who will?

Personally, I find it offensive. But I also realize that not everyone shares that distaste. I'm not about to decide that for someone else. I'll save that for somethings that are far more important.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A white person with makeup on to appear to be black is not thought to be the same as blackface, which is a caricature of black people.

Many actors have been made up to become other races, that in itself isn’t generally looked at as offensive since it isn’t a mocking caricature.

If Kimmel meant it as a caricature t than it would be equal to blackface.

It was done in an era of open racism and is looked on as a racial slight.

Sometimes when one actor of one race is made up to be another, such as Ben Kingsley made up as an Indian playing Gandhi, it is generally acceptable, even though many don't like it.

But that's the difference. That is that blackface as a caricature is the problem

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Context. Context is all.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   
In order for people to understand this. One can imagine a black person; or one of any race, in order to caricature or mock the white race, puts white paint on his face to mean to reflect a white man.

That’s a big difference than a black man playing a white man theatrically, or a white man playing any race theatrically, which has been done many times, for example, Eddie Murphy has done and many other comedians.

The actor James Whitmore played a black man in an old movie and it was make-up to make him legitimately look black, not as a caricature such as blackface.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I paint my face black to ‘legitimately look black’ for most Halloween’s. The black skin goes with my costume.

That’s not racist.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join