It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy of people outraged by decades old photo but think black racists yelling at kids is ok

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Problem is not necessarily that he had an 'edgy' photo on his yearbook page but that he lied about the circumstances, said it was a 'mix-up'. It tells us he's a weasel and thus not fit to be the Governator.

IMO.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Where was Don Lemon, and the NAACP, and all of these democrats, particularly in the media, when Black adult racists screamed racist and homophobic slurs at kids for an hour, and a native american activists who thought these racists were telling these kids harsh truths got in these kids face?

Quick question: how many videos did you produce to cover this historically redundant event and where did you acquire the crystal ball to read minds with?

Amazing stuff. Keep spinning those partisan-politics, Grambler! I start to think you're milking your viewers like the cows they are. Good for you!

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Liberals are denouncing the VA gov for the wrong reason. As I’ve said elsewhere, they have their priorities mixed up .

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
you talk about blacks but they have no power over you. they cant affect your life. a white well, we know how they affect the lives of black people

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: magnetik

How does my skin color give me the power to affect anyone else?

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

It's probably an early form of pure penis envy. Some fellow whitebread saw some BBC and had to own it, the rest is history. But that's just Freud talking. Actual science, eventually.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well if people have a permit to be in a certain place at a certain time to protest then they can yell whatever they want. They are within the law as long as they do not linger in the area after their permitted time is up and overlap with other permitted protest.

IMO both cases are blown out of context and have no merit.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Don Lemon was given the title of worst journalist of the year by Columbia Journalism Review’s. And by the way Columbia Journalism is the authority in the matter.

Here is a good breakdown of that racist.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GokuVsSuperman0
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist
The conservative mind is that affirmative action isn’t necessary because racism no longer exist. Everyone can work, ALMOST everyone can vote. That’s good enough and racism will solve itself? lol

So f*cking naive! Like the idea that a wall is going to fix crime,drugs and immigration.
Why is that naive? And who cannot vote other than non-citizens. That's made up, and it's sold to people like you to convince them that there is still systemic racism in our system. Affirmative action is not needed. I've rented homes from minorities, employed by minorities, borrowed money from minorities, ticketed and arrested by minorities, lived next door to minorities and called a minority my president.

The problem with movements and genuine changes in society is that when the cause is won people keep fighting for it. They don't know how to accept their victory and move on. Talk about naivety.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

How about the White people yelling at black people. I never see you make threads about that.

This little girl had the Police called on her for selling Bottled water to go to Disneyland.

This white lady called the Police on a little boy, saying he groped her.

There are a TON, of videos of white people being straight up racist.

Of course but if you want to see the most racist acts and who commit them today, they should come to NYC and walk down some of the streets at night fall.

There are many roads where you will be targeted and attacked right away for being white.

The news should no an undercover story and send a colored person down some of these streets and then a white person.

Got a dollar, boom sucker punch to face.

In Brooklyn i use to watch white kids from the suburbs go there to by dirt weed.

Moment these kids are spotted they were physically attacked and robbed.
Go to the police, yeah right. You shouldn't be there they are told. And cops will never arrest the attackers.

It would be a great reality show. See what happens when a white person walks down some streets.

Not good

edit on 4-2-2019 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

It seems the poster I replied to has no argument about why the color of my skin is oppressive. As I suspected. Racists usually slink away back into the shadows when their racism is exposed.

I promise you I have no issues in the envy department. My hands are quite large.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

When I drove a truck, I often parked ("staged") in Bordentown, NJ before going into New England. The first several time I would turn on the CB to catch a little conversation... I ended that habit pretty quick. The amount of hateful, racist, despicable bigotry coming across the airwaves was literally so bad no one could talk about anything else. I have not heard that infamous word that starts with an 'N' that many times in one sitting, even compared to the South in the 1970s!

And no, it wasn't Southerners driving through... these all had Yankee accents.

You want to see racism? It ain't down here much any more... go check out New England. You know, where the leftist, (in)'tolerant' people are...

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Some Florida guy running for office uses a common phrase about "monkeying things up" and he's too racist to exist.

Elected Dem governor dresses in blackface with a KKK member and he's fine.

I guess this answers the questions how stupid can liberals get.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Looks like he was the typical democrat. They've always thought they were superior to all and once they lost the civil rights act, they gave in and starting lying to, using, and controlling blacks with dependency. I'm surprised black people in this country have let it go on for so long, but it's nothing new. This is just a democrat being a democrat. They thrive on racial issues. If this was a Republican, they'd say all Republicans do this and are racist. Since it's one of their own, they'll act mad and ask him to resign because it's easier to throw Northam in front of the train to save their own selfish asses.

In reality, black face and the KKK were a common piece of society back in the day. I can understand a little anger of the KKK outfit, but black face? Give me a #ing break, who cares if someone paints their face black. I'm just glad it was a democrat.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
add Kamala Harris to the list of victims lol😀

Kamala Harris

Verified account

@KamalaHarris

Kamala Harris Retweeted The Associated Press

Congratulations to @RalphNortham and his team for showing that Virginia won’t stand for hatred and bigotry.

7 Nov 2017

I can't think of one issue in the past decade where the left haven't shot their feet off. They've moved so far to the left now that nearly everything they're against now is something they supported in the past. Some things as recent as 4 years ago.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Most likely because none of that is a big deal to any normal person and nobody would care about reading it.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
This was in 1984 when it was "edgy". It was past and beyond the 1960's violent civil rights stand offs, and past the 1970's anti-war peace riot era. I would give this guy a "mulligan" on his because of his age, the era, statements were made. That being said, the KKK white hooded guy in the picture....."Lucy! You got some splainin to do!"

Just what is the statement being made? "Can't we all just get along? and especially...(can't we) STAY IN OUR LANES?" He needs to make a public statement, explain it, denounce it, explain cognitive growth and social mindsets, and then....move on.

Why doesn't Trump get the same chance? He's never even been caught being a racist, yet progressive liberals love saying he's the grand wizard. This thread is more about people like that, like you, that live on double standards or no standards at all.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Don Lemon continues to be an embarrassment to all humanity - regardless of race.

Not only could he not control his hatred and bitterness to the extent he brought the President into it - and LIED about what the President said, choosing to play a clip and then associate those words to something completely different - he chooses to ignore blatant bigotry day in day out when it suits him politically.

He talks about this 'hurting him'. Well tough. Get over it. Hope the littel s*** cries himself to sleep.

That turd won't go home and cry, I guarantee you he celebrated his tearful performance as soon as the cameras cut off. We could find stuff like this on every white politician we research that came up through the 60's, 70's, and 80's because it commonplace. The KKK wasn't nearly as violent but they were still around and well known, and black face was a joke that nobody in those eras cared about.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Aphorism

Go do a poll and ask 100 black folk from different areas/wealth if black face is okay. I bet you $1000 it comes out overwhelmingly "no".

How can you go back in time to ask this question? Let's go back to 1984 when this photo is taken. Ugh, stop making me defend this liberal for painting his face 35 years ago. Why weren't white people offended when two black guys painted themselves white to act like white girls in a movie that made millions? Oh, yeah, that's right... Because it's not a big deal.

posted on Feb, 4 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree we learn from our past mistakes. I don't think people should be exiled for minor past mistakes. I just don't understand the people defending it.

And of course black artists did black face. Hollywood and the industries were all run by white people who thought terrible black stereotypes were great.

Never judge a man's past by today's standards.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join