It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy of people outraged by decades old photo but think black racists yelling at kids is ok

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
This was in 1984 when it was "edgy". It was past and beyond the 1960's violent civil rights stand offs, and past the 1970's anti-war peace riot era. I would give this guy a "mulligan" on his because of his age, the era, statements were made. That being said, the KKK white hooded guy in the picture....."Lucy! You got some splainin to do!"

Just what is the statement being made? "Can't we all just get along? and especially...(can't we) STAY IN OUR LANES?" He needs to make a public statement, explain it, denounce it, explain cognitive growth and social mindsets, and then....move on.

Garbage. 100% Stalinist garbage post. You arent fooling anyone. The ONLY reason you are taking this stance is because the racist scumbag is Democrat.

If he was on the right you would be singing (or is that reeeeeeeeing!) a very different tune.

You know it, I know it and every poster on this board knows it.

I don’t see it nor do I see any Stalinist garbage that you are referring to.
All I see are a bunch of triggered people such as you that must attack someone for posting a very reasonable response.
As per the OP I think if it’s a joke than no reason to be upset. Even if it not a joke I don’t really care. Doesn’t affect my life in any way. Though watching talking heads and others freak out is funny, makes for good entertainment if ya ask me.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
There's more to this than just a dude doing stoopid stuff in a yearbook. It's about a changing of the guard, and the DNC is in full damage control/panic mode. Let me explain...

For decades now, the FBI has been in full control of the Federal government. Every single politician that comes up through the ranks, starting with state offices, is vetted and dirt accumulated on them to make sure if they make it to national office they play by the "rules." Now, who is making those rules is another story, but suffice it to say that the FBI has been a method of not just enforcing Federal law, but of controlling politicians since the days of J. Edgar Hoover. Nixon was ousted amidst the Watergate scandal because someone in the FBI after Hoover's death had a grudge against him and released some of the dirt to get him out of office.

It's a much more palatable way to control the narrative than taking someone out physically, a'la John F. Kennedy.

Every FBI leadership position was filled by those who were willing (or preferably more than willing) to follow along with the agenda set for them, which was progressive. Agents were not subject to such standards, because agents could be easily fired if need be. Every President elected since Nixon was OK with the way the FBI operated in its main capacity; if they were not, they would never make it to the office as the FBI would 'leak' information out to the various MSM outlets sufficient to prevent it.

That has now changed.

Oh, the FBI still has its database. But now a certain President who was able to fly under the FBI's radar and win the highest office in the land without being part of that database is now in charge. The old leadership is gone, except for Mueller, who hasn't been able yet to dig up enough dirt to oust the President. The new leadership is beholden to one Donald J. Trump and the Republican party. And they're starting to use the true power of the FBI.

Ralph Northam is among those deep state individuals who are trying to desperately push the progressive agenda along as far as possible before it runs out of time... and it ran out of time on him. He pushed too far too fast, and now the Republican-led FBI has opened its files on him. This will continue. It's time for the other side to play their turn. We saw signs of it when Chuck Grassley and Lindsey Graham became emboldened at the Kavanaugh hearings. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was pushed into office because she has little dirt on her to bring out, but she is also more than happy to follow the progressive agenda. The mass exodus of Republicans from the House of Representatives in 2018 was due to them not wanting to be in this fight (probably because they had plenty of dirt on them as well).

The web is unraveling before our eyes. Unfortunately, that may not be a good thing, because it is probably going to be re-spun into a new web.

TheRedneck

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Alot of bias at play. Good post. I never knew that about the actor and Byrd. I would never trust talking heads on CNN or fox to call out their own. Hopefully liberals on social media do..

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

Go do a poll and ask 100 black folk from different areas/wealth if black face is okay. I bet you $1000 it comes out overwhelmingly "no".

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
a reply to: Aphorism

Go do a poll and ask 100 black folk from different areas/wealth if black face is okay. I bet you $1000 it comes out overwhelmingly "no".

I'm going to hold you to that.

Off I go........NVM you keep your money. I don't want to get shot.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The hypocrisy of the majority of posters here is laughable.... by here, I mean ATS as a whole, not this thread...
edit on 2-2-2019 by tinner07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

That's interesting. The only part I don't get is "the progressive agenda". I've seen alot of shady things done by Republicans and not sure why left vs right has to do with the larger picture of "playing by the rules".

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

It doesn't matter if someone changes their views on identity politics from the time they were a kid.

Identity politics has become the sword swung by the hooded executioner.

What I find interesting and sort of telling about the new power of the Democratic party is they are not even considering asking the question, which is, Do you really think this Governor is racist.

Or has optics really taken top priority over truth?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Everyone knows you are not rich like you want to look on your Facebook picture there.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Ask those same guys if white face characters are OK.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
DP'd er
edit on 2 by Mandroid7 because: Dp'd it

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
What people do a lot of times at costume parties/Halloween is dress up in extreme opposites. This was somewhat of a norm back then though today it is very limited as to what society accepts, so looking at the picture that is what I see. Ya it is edgy and that is what kids can be, but how would this be any different then if they dressed up as a cowboy and Indian, or the pope and a flaming gay guy, angel and devil...

Back then both the black face and KKK were seen as jokes and that is what I really think they were going for.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You are 100% correct for today's social norms, back then it was OK, we seen Hollywood present it as a joke up to recent times and it had been a caricature in the performing arts for a very long time. Black artist even did black face as they made the area around their lips white.

I'm not suggesting it a OK and today we can see things like this and others like cowboy and indians as very poor stereotypes as the overall understanding of all this has greatly improved over the decades, but does that mean we go back into everyone's life looking for anything that doesn't meet today's social norms, or do we allow people today to say... "you are right it was bad taste and I apologizes" and we move on...

edit on 2-2-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I agree we learn from our past mistakes. I don't think people should be exiled for minor past mistakes. I just don't understand the people defending it.

And of course black artists did black face. Hollywood and the industries were all run by white people who thought terrible black stereotypes were great.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
BillMaher makes Popeyes chicken joke to black republican last night, now taking heat

They're not good at national defense - the president's a traitor. What's in it for you? What is in the Republican Party for you? You were in the CIA!"

Hurd, discussing his work in the CIA with Maher, said "I was the dude in the back alleys at 4 o'clock in the morning collecting intelligence."

"That's where they collect them?" Maher responded, "By the Popeyes chicken?"

www.google.com...

For me this is just a joke, I defend it

But where will the leftists that control almost all cultural institutions of peer fall on this?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

And of course black artists did black face. Hollywood and the industries were all run by white people who thought terrible black stereotypes were great.

Well if we are going to cull the heard of racist then just about everyone over the age of 60 can be cut...we can start with every picture of someone smiling with Byrd or Farrakhan.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   
So Don Lemon was ready to throw a pro choice Democrat under the bus. Not surprised really I guess.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

How about the White people yelling at black people. I never see you make threads about that.

Like this whitey yelling at the black people to stop torturing him?

You (extremist leftists) also own Chicago, its murder rate and its racism - I blame your limited mental capacity and political ideology and your easily swayed TV-generated emotions.

See, like many here, I play one up too.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Yea that's harmless IMO. It's a stereotype, but not one founded under racism. Whereas black face was a stereotype founded by racists.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I'm not sure it's al about left vs right in Chicago. Chicago has alot of corruption and not because they are anti-gun or pro abortion or w.e liberal stance.

Also, alot of the poor areas were moved to the Southside of Chicago. Then jobs moved, and then hospitals moved.

Not sure how liberalism caused the murder rate to rise, can you explain?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join