It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypocrisy of people outraged by decades old photo but think black racists yelling at kids is ok

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So I watched some of the fallout of the Northam photo, which for those of you who dont know, is the Democrat governor of Virginia who has had a yearbook photo surface of him dressed in a kkk outfit or black face.

And many people are outraged. Some almost to the point of tears, like Don Lemon here.

(notice how he has to bring trump into his comments)

And he wasnt alone, the Naacp, many people on the left, and even most of the candidates running for President as a Democrat have made statements that they are outraged, and are calling for Northam to step down.

And who knows, many of these people could very well be hurt and outraged.

Now my stance on this, which isnt popular, is that although I dislike Northam, I dont want him to resign over this. I am tired of these witch hunts to look at yearbooks and things, and then attack people for these things. For al I know, this photo was a joke, and it doesnt prove he is a racist in any way to me.

But fine, the dems I mentioned that are outraged like Lemon dont agree.

So this raises a question for me; if this photo is so damaging Lemon and others are on the verge of tears, and there needs to be a resignation, what is the standard for when we must get this outraged?

Even if you find this photo horrible offensive, it is just a decades old photo.

What about democratic people who have had similar photos more recently?

Here is democrat actor Ted danson in blackface. Is this ok? Must he be drummed out of public life?

Well maybe thats different because he was laughing with a black woman (whoopi goldberg) and not endorsing black face. But how do we know Northam wasnt doing that as well?

Ok so how about someone who clearly wore blackface to mock a black person. Democrat darling Jimmy Kimmel?

I havent seen these outraged dems call for him to be removed from his show. In fact many dems called him americas conscious when he was defending Obama care, and went on his show.

What is it about black face photos or kkk that make it uniquely bad? Wouldnt actually hanging around with public racists leaders be worse? I mean these same dems were outraged that Trump didnt scream his denunciation of David Duke loud enough, even though there is no evidence Trump ever palled around with him.

Yet the same cant be said of many Democrats.

Here is Obama hanging around with black racist leader Farrakhan.

So wearing a costume of racism is bad, knowingly hanging around with leaders of racist organizations is ok. And it wasnt just Obama, many prominent democrats associated with Farrakhan and his Nation of Islam.

And if pics like this are bad, then surely calling for a racial ethnostate would mean a politician should have to step down.

Like former second in command of the DNC, and former Farrakhan associate Keith Ellison.

Several Democratic members of the Congressional Black Caucus refused Tuesday to denounce Minnesota Rep. Keith Ellison’s call for a black state. One congressman stated, “I don’t see anything really objectionable.”

The Daily Caller News Foundation recently reported on columns Minnesota Rep. Ellison wrote under a pen name while in law school. In one of them he called for a black state in southeastern American states.

Under the name Keith E. Hakim, Ellison wrote: “Finally, blacks would have the option of choosing their own land base or remaining in the United States. Since black people toiled most diligently in the southeastern section of the United States, this land, quite naturally, would be most suitable. That means Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana and Mississippi. Blacks, of course, would not be compelled to move to the black state, and, of course, peaceful whites would not be compelled to move away.”

dailycaller.com...

Huh, thats sounds awfully similar to what white ethnostate people like Richard spencer says, and he is considered a disgusting racists (as he should be) So why were so many democrats perfectly fine with ellison saying this? How is this not worse than a 1980's picture?

Dont remember Don Lemon holding back tears condemning this.

But ok, these are BLACK racists, so the dems dont think that stuff is bad.

What about Democratic icon Robert Byrd, who didnt just take pictures in KKK outfits, he was a leader of it?

And yet he was Hillarys mentor, and many other dems welcomed him. Where was Lemon and the NAACP and Book, and Gillibrand and all of the rest outraged today during the 2016 election condemning Hillary calling of a KKK leader her mentor?

Oh thats right, they are only outraged when its politically expedient to be.

I could go on all day.

But here is the one that stands out most to me.

Where was Don Lemon, and the NAACP, and all of these democrats, particularly in the media, when Black adult racists screamed racist and homophobic slurs at kids for an hour, and a native american activists who thought these racists were telling these kids harsh truths got in these kids face?

They were attacking the kids, thats where. Even after they knew the story was not what they pushed, and they knew these kids were getting doxxed and death threats, they still sought to do whatever they could to smear the kids by reporting on stories from the school from years before the kids were there in some cases to further make it seem like these kids were bad.

Meanwhile, places like the New York times wrote puff pieces for the Black hebrew Israelites, saying among other things they didnt have a history of violence, ignoring the over 16 murders, including murdering random white people to take their ears aas trophies and beheadings, that the group was responsible for.

So excuse me if I dont take these people outrage seriously.

People like Don Lemon and the other listed have no problem with racism on their side when it benefits them, and sometimes even engage in racism themselves.

I personally find this disingenuous fake outrage hypocrisy to be far more offensive than a 1980's picture.

edit on 2-2-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This has been quite obvious for years and it's not limited to the often stated "other side". Groups tend to throw it back and forth.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Dems are going to throw him under the bus because of the outrage brewing from that abortion bill.

No way they didn't know about this picture earlier. It is a convenient way to get this guy out of office.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Selective outrage. Double standards need not apply, or any standards really.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

How about the White people yelling at black people. I never see you make threads about that.

This little girl had the Police called on her for selling Bottled water to go to Disneyland.

This white lady called the Police on a little boy, saying he groped her.

There are a TON, of videos of white people being straight up racist.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Dems are going to throw him under the bus because of the outrage brewing from that abortion bill.

No way they didn't know about this picture earlier. It is a convenient way to get this guy out of office.

Brewing ay?..lol,... this guy appears to like his beer, no telling what other atrocities he may have committed that he doesnt remember. A guy that likes beer like that cannot be relied on to account the crimes he may or may not have committed.

+6 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

You see all those news tag lines reporting it? That's kind of the point!!

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

yep white people can be racist.

Tell me, did the media defend any of those white racists in your videos (i didnt watch all of the videos, but I will take your word they show white racists)

Did the media attack the people getting yelled at by those racists as the true racists?

I dont make threads on every time a black (or any other color) racists yells something to people. My threads are about bigger contexts, like the media smearing white kids and deflecting for black adult racists.

Or a political party that says 1980's pics are a big deal, but have a complete double standard.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
This was in 1984 when it was "edgy". It was past and beyond the 1960's violent civil rights stand offs, and past the 1970's anti-war peace riot era. I would give this guy a "mulligan" on his because of his age, the era, statements were made. That being said, the KKK white hooded guy in the picture....."Lucy! You got some splainin to do!"

Just what is the statement being made? "Can't we all just get along? and especially...(can't we) STAY IN OUR LANES?" He needs to make a public statement, explain it, denounce it, explain cognitive growth and social mindsets, and then....move on.

edit on 2-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

lol horrible "notaboutism"

desperate rebuttal 🤣

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Minorities are untouchable. Didn't you know?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Don Lemon continues to be an embarrassment to all humanity - regardless of race.

Not only could he not control his hatred and bitterness to the extent he brought the President into it - and LIED about what the President said, choosing to play a clip and then associate those words to something completely different - he chooses to ignore blatant bigotry day in day out when it suits him politically.

He talks about this 'hurting him'. Well tough. Get over it. Hope the littel s*** cries himself to sleep.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I think that most of the people who are most concerned with calling out racism are racist deep down inside.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
They are white kids so in the mind of Leftists/Democrats/Stalinists it is ok, in fact it is encouraged as the paleness of their skin clearly shows that they deserve every second of it.

I'm sure that most of the left wing trash would love to perform a super late term abortion on most white kids regardless of age.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
This was in 1984 when it was "edgy". It was past and beyond the 1960's violent civil rights stand offs, and past the 1970's anti-war peace riot era. I would give this guy a "mulligan" on his because of his age, the era, statements were made. That being said, the KKK white hooded guy in the picture....."Lucy! You got some splainin to do!"

Just what is the statement being made? "Can't we all just get along? and especially...(can't we) STAY IN OUR LANES?" He needs to make a public statement, explain it, denounce it, explain cognitive growth and social mindsets, and then....move on.

Garbage. 100% Stalinist garbage post. You arent fooling anyone. The ONLY reason you are taking this stance is because the racist scumbag is Democrat.

If he was on the right you would be singing (or is that reeeeeeeeing!) a very different tune.

You know it, I know it and every poster on this board knows it.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Any comment on the actual topic of the thread you worthless bot?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

The girl selling bottled water ... is she like whenever kids start a lemonade stand and some neighborhood busybody calls the police on them so the nice police can tell them they can't do that without about a dozen different city permits?

You always assume that every time a white person yells at a POC, it's only and every because that person is a POC and not for any other reason under the sun that one person might yell at or complain about another person.

And sometimes, there is real racism too. Too often, people paint one thing as another and miss the real McCoy. And no, I didn't watch the videos. I'm about to go somewhere, but I've seen enough of these casual racist episodes to know that many aren't exactly what they're portrayed as, not all, but many.
edit on 2-2-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
We’ve come to a point where people are outraged at makeup and face paint.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join