It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Cory Booker in-tune with Americas real problems

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

No reason to get all this philosophical and intellectual about US politcs.

Just vote your "tribe".

Simple really. Ideas dont matter.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Another myth they use to keep us confused and down are the false class structure they inculcate on the people in order to give them a false sense of success.

The middle class is NOT 70 80 or even 90 or 100 thousand dollars a year, it’s much higher.

In reality, this is the class structure

Lower class= 30 grand and under a year

The lower middle class is 30, 40 grand to 250 grand a year

The middle class is 250 all the way up to 450 grand a year

If people knew they were actually on the most part a member of the lower classes, which most Americans are, they would realize how vulnerable they are because the elite rich has bamboozled the entire country.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Another myth they use to keep us confused and down are the false class structure they inculcate on the people in order to give them a false sense of success.

The middle class is NOT 70 80 or even 90 or 100 thousand dollars a year, it’s much higher.

In reality, this is the class structure

Lower class= 30 grand and under a year

The lower middle class is 30, 40 grand to 250 grand a year

The middle class is 250 all the way up to 450 grand a year

If people knew they were actually on the most part a member of the lower classes, which most Americans are, they would realize how vulnerable they are because the elite rich has bamboozled the entire country.

You and I don't usually agree on the time of day, but I actually agree with you on this to a point....

The problem is liberals view anyone making $250k as rich. Typically, under leftist tax plans, those making $150-$400k will be hit the hardest. This is where the bulk of tax revenue is...

A trick leftist love to do is yell about millionaires and billionaires, holding up mega rich like some billionaire hedge fund guy.... but then when they actually write tax policy, it affects people making $250k. People making $250k or even $500k a year in INCOME have more in common with someone making $100k than they do someone making say $2 million or $20 million a year.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

This country has been gutted by the rich man revolution started by Reagan when he massively cut taxes on the rich. The Trump bumbler and incompetent made it worse by massively cutting corporate taxes and soon the economy will crack.

The US economy when taxes on the rich were 70 percent and up grew unlike any time in history. There were unions to lift wages and now all there is is slavery and serfdom where people have to work three jobs to survive and 16 hours a day. Do you call that progress? We're going backward.

The taxes weren't why the economy was booming. Very few people paid those rates. The economy was booming because the US was really the only industrialized economy after WWII standing. There was no competition. We didn't have hoardes of illegals crossing the border depressing wages. Women generally weren't in the work force depressing wages so even lower and middle class jobs could support a family. Feminism increased the labor supply and it caused wage deflation. Finally, most companies weren't really global at the time. However, as they expanded, they also found cheaper sources of labor.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

This country has been gutted by the rich man revolution started by Reagan when he massively cut taxes on the rich. The Trump bumbler and incompetent made it worse by massively cutting corporate taxes and soon the economy will crack.

The US economy when taxes on the rich were 70 percent and up grew unlike any time in history. There were unions to lift wages and now all there is is slavery and serfdom where people have to work three jobs to survive and 16 hours a day. Do you call that progress? We're going backward.

The taxes weren't why the economy was booming. Very few people paid those rates. The economy was booming because the US was really the only industrialized economy after WWII standing. There was no competition. We didn't have hoardes of illegals crossing the border depressing wages. Women generally weren't in the work force depressing wages so even lower and middle class jobs could support a family. Feminism increased the labor supply and it caused wage deflation. Finally, most companies weren't really global at the time. However, as they expanded, they also found cheaper sources of labor.

People don't want to hear that. There was No Japan, China, Europe or UK as Global competition in trade following WWII.The Marshall plan and the rebuilding of Japan were a boon to American Companies.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

That’s totally wrong. If those countries were so bad off and they were then they weren’t customers for US goods.

Also, the US poured billions in Europe to rebuild it and they couldn’t have done that and grown the economy without those taxes they imposed on the rich.

Also, why don’t you think the infrastructure isn’t dealt with in America? Why do we still have 19th-century trains?

Who and what do you think built the massive highways in America

TAX MONEY!

Which today THEY DON’T HAVE THE MONEY

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

People don't want to hear that. There was No Japan, China, Europe or UK as Global competition in trade following WWII.The Marshall plan and the rebuilding of Japan were a boon to American Companies.

They couldn't have done any Marshall plan that without the taxes they imposed on the rich.

Amazing people care about billionaires and millionaires paying taxes!

Also, the deficits and debt problems started after the massive tax cuts for the rich under Reagan.

Also, as was predicted under Trump's massive tax cuts for the corporate rich the debt and deficit is blowing up.

Proving the LIE that the debt and deficit would go down when they cut taxes for the rich.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Though, the scuttlebutt was Booker was never actually seen in the neighborhood.

I mentioned in another thread that I know some of the cops on his detail, if what they know comes out it will get interesting.

Booker put bike lanes in Newark. Nobody in Newark uses bike lanes...

I do, it gives me a clear path to run down the carjacker.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Trump's Economy: The Federal Budget Deficit Is On A Path To $1 Trillion

Here's what I mean... Trumps tax cuts for the rich DID NOT Lower the deficit as they lied and said it would because of increased tax revenue due to growth.

www.forbes.com...

• it puts the full-year deficit on a path from $779 billion in fiscal 2018 to $1 trillion in fiscal 2019 • And this is when the economy grew at a 3.5% annual rate in the September quarter The U.S. Treasury reported that October’s deficit was $100 billion, an increase of $37 billion or 58% from a year ago. While one month may not be a trend, it puts the full-year deficit on a path from $779 billion in fiscal 2018 to $1 trillion in fiscal 2019 . And this is when the economy grew at a 3.5% annual rate in the September quarter

Just like Reagan in 1981 after his massive tax cuts the deficit went so high he then went and raised taxes on the middle class!

Cutting taxes on the rich doesn’t work!

America’s budget deficit ballooned to $779 billion in 2018, the federal government said on Monday, as higher spending and stagnating tax revenue pushed the nation’s debt burden higher.
The approximately 17 percent jump in the federal deficit came despite strong growth in the overall U.S. economy, an unusual instance in which the economy and the deficit are expanding at the same time. Typically, strong economic growth translates into lower deficits as the government collects more from taxpayers.
“What’s going on is revenues are not rising when they otherwise would be,” said Marc Goldwein, senior vice president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. “The economy is growing by 5 to 6 percent, and revenue is basically flat.”
Business tax revenue was depressed in part because the Republican tax law passed in the fall of 2017 reduced the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 21 percent, among other changes.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Trump as a rich man loving republican will mess the economy up very soon as Bush did, as Reagan did and it will take a Democrat to come in like Obama did and fix it only to be messed up by the next GOP rich man dupe. And the people who support this are fools. Remember what Bush did to the economy.

Now I concede Dems are also responsible for this but Republicans are just much worse. They are directly owned and operated by the elite wealthy in America and do NOTHING EVER for the lower middle class and poor.

edit on 2-2-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is the problem of this country the economic scam the rich are running. All this Kumbaya nonsense Booker runs is nonsense.

We need a massive change agent like a Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren who understands the problem I make in this thread.

When are the American people going to wake up?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

This is the problem of this country the economic scam the rich are running. All this Kumbaya nonsense Booker runs is nonsense.

We need a massive change agent like a Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren who understands the problem I make in this thread.

When are the American people going to wake up?

Elizabeth Warren?????

Yep, now. I'm convinced it's not worth debating you on anything, you've lost all common sense....

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I mentioned in another thread that I know some of the cops on his detail, if what they know comes out it will get interesting.

But you are in West Orange, No Booker there.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

If you’re anywhere near the neighborhoods those bike lanes are in you’ve got your window down, gun cocked, and pit-bull in the back!

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Elizabeth Warren just wants to get the rich to pay their fair share and the banks to be controlled so we don’t get 2008 again

You’re brainwashed so thoroughly you don’t know what way is up

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

They're members with me at the same cigar shop.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Elizabeth Warren just wants to get the rich to pay their fair share and the banks to be controlled so we don’t get 2008 again

You project so much you ought to have your own movie theater
edit on 2/2/2019 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

They constitute less than 10% of the population but make up 70% of the taxes collected. Yet you all want more?

Being successful doesn't automatically equate to being evil. You are the one backwards...

I do agree, we have a problem in America with the consolidation of power. But I'm not naive enough to think it's the fault of an economic class rather than a political class of elites.

You blame the millionaires.
I blame the millionaire politicians.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

And you have won the bootlicking of the rich reward of the century

So Will,

Are you saying that taxing those who make more than 10 million by 70% is the golden ticket for America?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

They're members with me at the same cigar shop.

Now I have a vision of you and Booker smoking cigars while riding a tandem and singing "Raindrops keep falling on my head...."

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Now I have a vision of you and Booker smoking cigars while riding a tandem and singing "Raindrops keep falling on my head...."

He'd get the crap kicked out of him if he showed up there.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join