It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Cory Booker in-tune with Americas real problems

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

He's not very impressive to me. Wasn't a very good Mayor, not a very Good Senator.

Who were the Powers that Be who funded his rise to become Senator?

I can't imagine New Jersey Politics is very clean.

He doesn't stand a chance, neither does Warren.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Gothmog

You’re not listening to anything I say. I’m comparing the great and developing economy we had when fair taxes were imposed on thee rich to this slave economy where people are doing worse economically that anytime in American modern history.
And it’s only getting worse as millennial’s are worse off than the baby booming generation and their in bad shape.

There is no reason to listen when the argument is off base.

A majority of the reasons people are worse economically is they spend beyond their means. Be that college debt, cable TV, subscription services, or new electronics every 2 years.

Half of what people go into debt for, are not necessities. But people feel they are.
It's due to a perception shift. Not a necessity.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

He doesn't stand a chance, neither does Warren.

Don’t say that. Booker and the racist Elizabeth Warren are the absolute TOP candidates they have.

Ha ha haaaaaaa.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't know about 20, but whatever number it is, it will definitely be saturated.

Either way, he'll be stalking dead last in the primaries. He's got zero going for him, kind of feel bad about how apparently unaware/realistic he is.

Well we all knew , on the left and the right, that when he pulled his "sparticus" speech, he was planting himself for a presidency bid......it was grandstanding and everyone saw through it.....

Most every talk show directly after said "yeah hes based on this hes going to try and run" hes predictable and insincere

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

His politician friends in Newark are very loyal.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

The Country’s economy boomed when rich people paid taxes. Today we can’t even fix the bridges, the streets and parks, the libraries and still ride 18th-century trains and yet people still defend that.

Uhhh what trains are you runnin on, last i checked none that ive rode used steam or coal.........

They love billionaires as their children starve and die from Opiate addiction.

Youd be surprised the actual numbers of rich that are addicts..........again another false equivalency..........

There's no hope in the country and the source is economic strangulation by the rich of the poor

Sweet talking points........but the rich STILL pay the majority of Taxes, even thought they find loopholes.......

Still he top 1 percent of taxpayers accounted for more income taxes paid than the bottom 90 percent combined.

Sooooo try again.........I like you will, I do, but you just dont look up your facts, you hit talking points but I feel you dont want to know the truth......

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

His politician friends in Newark are very loyal.

well with a population of under 300k thats not going to matter much..........

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I don’t like Corey Booker. Something about him just screams fake and I’d probably feel the same with him as president as I do with Donald Trump.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I don’t like Corey Booker. Something about him just screams fake and I’d probably feel the same with him as president as I do with Donald Trump.

Thats because your intuition is right........he is fake, even in his own state he didnt do a damn thing to help his city

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I do not believe the man will do very well and here is why:

I seriously doubt the man is in tune with the people on the street. He is in too far deep with the drug manufactures. He got a bill that prevented people from getting prescriptions from Canada, at a lower price.

So this man, through his very actions in congress, should also be held partially accountable for the current drug problem in the USA, the opiods that are plaguing and were the result of the drug manufactures.

He is going to get nailed on his connection to the drug makers and the laws that forbid people from getting prescriptions from Canada or Mexico for a lower cost. That alone has hurt alot of people, of all age brackets. I can not forgive him for that nor will I vote or support that kind of a candidate, who has done such, and who I will believe will only represent interests that are not good for the country.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I'm in Newark. I don't remember any improvement made by him. This town is really hard to handle. He found an easier job. That's it.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
He allegedly raped another man.

Now, that doesn't exclude him of course... it's not proven.
However, I think everyone can come together to demand an FBI investigation - right? Just to be sure he isn't a rapist.

edit on 2/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   
All politicians know the problems peeps is facing. They have to so they know what emotional buttons to push. Then they go to washington....get their lobbying on, their insider trsding on and forget us. Represetative government my ass.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Awww... Nothing of importance No back-up for anything you said Just anti-US rhetoric I get it... Denying ignorance Why ? I may make this my occupation

Because your response was so fact filled and important? what was your response? " Congratulations
You have just won the internet for comedy" Just a question, are you the only one allowed to give stupid answers? His response was pretty much the same as yours was it not? Yet you disparage him for his and pat yourself on the back for yours? why is that?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

We had a boom post WWII because Europe was rebuilding and had very few functioning factories for modern goods the US was untouched. So we built automobiles, washing machines, refrigerators, televisions, radios, etc by the hundreds of thousands. And we became very good at it.

Whirlpool, at a single plant, could build every washing machine that would be sold in the US market within three months by 1970. But Europe was rebuilt and didn’t need US goods anymore. Thus the Chinese Market had to be open and Nixon went to China to keep American workers employed. But the Chinese people didn’t have the wealth of their European counterparts. China needed personal wealth quickly and chose manufacturing just like Japan did after the war. Unlike Japan, China didn’t really advance beyond cheap copies other than high end electronics.

China, like Europe and Japan before it, doesn’t need US made goods. The US can not compete with cheap Chinese labor and begins outsourcing en masse and importing crises made goods in all manufacturing sectors.

Funny thing about trading wealth generation for opulence, you quickly find that you have neither. It didn’t even take 40 years before the US economy was all but destroyed. Nothing says Americana like a pair of Levi jeans, but they are no longer made in America.

Soaking the rich is not going to foster innovation and new wealth. Why should I claw my way to the top and be a millionaire when it is to be taxed down to $100,000? That is wealth stagnation. And when enough at the top have that idea to live on what they already have, I can’t find a job because no one puts forth the effort to have it taken.

And it becomes worse. To use fast food as an example, you better like McDonald’s because Wendy’s isn’t going to make it. Might lose Burger King as well. And McDonald’s will cut their losses with Chipotle.

Soaking the rich makes us slaves to whatever remains. Or has the Walmart story of small town takeover not been learned yet to want to do it the whole US economy?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
And I am watching that happen right now. The Walmart story is going to be replaced in I would say about 20-30 years max with the Amazon story. Because if you haven’t noticed it yet small cities are getting Amazon distribution centers and their city councils are eating it up like candy. I am seeing them pop up within 50 miles of one another here in Ohio right now.

All it would take is for the Walton family to say they are retiring and selling out to Bezos. And now that JB Hunt himself has passed or if Fed Ex or UPS sellout, then just like that...the American economy becomes the Amazon economy. Bezos can then feel free to buyout manufacturers or refuse to carry their product in the market. And you will either work for Amazon or you are making and selling your own wares. And if you are vocal about opposing the mind think of the company...

We are actually that close.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Been saying that for awhile now and all ya get when you mention monopoly is a tired definition from peeps who throw out yeah buts. But whatch gonna do. I read 70 of america aint got 400 in the bank so they cant afford to shop mom n pop stores.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I had a young college kid stop at my house during the midterms. An activist. He was telling me how the teachers need more money in one breath and then in his next breath, he is telling me about a new 10 million dollar building on campus. I told him to take that 10 million and pay the teachers. He didn't care too much for that. I didn't really care what he thought.

I know the college system in my state keeps jacking their tuition rates. Maybe if the people in charge of the funds new how to spend it correctly the parents/kids could afford school.

edit on 2-2-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I'm in Newark. I don't remember any improvement made by him. This town is really hard to handle. He found an easier job. That's it.

I've lived in Newark, worked in Newark, and know it very well. I use to work with the present Mayor and know many people in the Booker administration while in Newark.

I didn’t say he did anything for Newark. I said he had a yuppie vision for Newark which was unrealistic.

He like most politicians save Bernie doesn’t have a vision to set things straight by re taxing the billionaires and millionaires in order to go back to the vast development the American society was having in the 40s 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s until Reagan cut taxes massively for the rich and then all manner of things went downhill

The ignorance here is startling. All the posters here are doing nothing but defending the destruction of the American society by supporting the mentality that will destroy this country within a decade if things don’t change and the greedy rich are not brought under control like they were in the decades I mention above.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

I had a young college kid stop at my house during the midterms. An activist. He was telling me how the teachers need more money in one breath and then in his next breath, he is telling me about a new 10 million dollar building on campus. I told him to take that 10 million and pay the teachers. He didn't care too much for that. I didn't really care what he thought.

I know the college system in my state keeps jacking their tuition rates. Maybe if the people in charge of the funds new how to spend it correctly the parents/kids could afford school.

You’re making my point.

That building is likely owned by a vastly rich person or real estate firm who benefits from the rent on that building.

The students getting huge loans that will cripple them when they go to get a job is a benefit to the banks.

So here you’re talking about the real estate industry and the banking industry that is sucking the blood of the ordinary lower-middle-class people.

How it works is these rich and powerful industries bribe the politicians through lobbyists and that maintains the massive economic gang rape of the lower middle class

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join