It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Cory Booker in-tune with Americas real problems

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Booker, the millennial that grew up in the Jersey suburbs and moved to Newark to the ghetto to prove he was tough and empathetic was thought by many to be a phony. He persevered and first became a city councilman then the mayor of Newark after gaining close connections to elite conservative think Tanks.

He is supposed to have lived in Newark while he was mayor and supposed to live in a lower middle-class neighborhood across the street from Hawthorne Ave School, a broken down elementary school illustrating the poverty of the neighborhood.

Though, the scuttlebutt was Booker was never actually seen in the neighborhood.

I know about this because I was the IT engineer for years in the Newark School system for the company I worked for. The people at Hawthorne told me they never seem Booker.

Newark is not a nice place and still wasn’t a nice place when Booker left as mayor.

The problem with Booker is that unlike Bernie and Elizabeth Warren he doesn’t know the real problems of this country.

Booker put bike lanes in Newark. Nobody in Newark uses bike lanes, they can't afford bikes. His yuppie elitist acts were wasted because he doesn't grasp the basic issue of the lower middle class and poor in America.

Booker said he was proud of his record on education, dismissing the notion that his support for school choice is a position he has to “defend” and noting that his last Senate campaign was endorsed by teachers unions. And he shrugged off criticism that he’s too cozy with Wall Street, citing a history of “standing up for people” and a record as a mayor and senator who has fought against those interests for his constituents. Appearing loose and upbeat, Booker held court with reporters during a frigid 20-minute news conference — and made clear his would be a very different kind of campaign.

www.politico.com...

Booker is a message guy. He wants to do an Obama inspired race. He doesn’t want to take on the 1 percent greedy hogs that have ruined the country.
www.politico.com...

I’m running for president because I believe in us. I believe in these values,” he said. “I’m gonna put them before the American people. Hey, and if that’s not what they want, then I won’t be the next president of the United States, but I know my country. I know the goodness and the decency across this land.”

All the high-faulting rhetoric is fine but it doesn’t help the lower middle class and poor in this country. The fact is this country needs to return to where it was after WWII when tax rates for the rich were 90 percent and Warren and Bernie want to do something like that and overturn the republican-mainly turn towards the rich coddling that has ruined the chances for any decent life for poor and lower-middle-class Americans.
Indeed we have been going backward ever since Ronald Reagan started the rich man revolution in 1980 when he cut their taxes to from about 70 percent to 30 percent.

Ever since then the American economy could only be described as a slave economy, a serfdom of the rich and superrich ruling over the serfs of the lower middle class like Lords, and kings and Queens did in medieval times.

Booker is out of tune with this dark reality and should be rejected for policies advocated by Warren and Bernie.

edit on 1-2-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The problem with Booker is that unlike Bernie and Elizabeth Warren he doesn’t know the real problems of this country.

Or maybe he realizes that Bernie and Warren are the real problems in this country. If he pushes to the extreme left he will not win the Presidency.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
He feels like Spartacus. How can he lose?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

You saw I take it what happened to Spartacus

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Jokes aside, being completely serious.

He's just an absolute bore. Nothing stands out about him.

He's got a lot of guts though, jumping into the pool when even he has to know he's solidly in last place.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
roflol Booker one of the biggest phony Democrats in office.

All BS All the Time 🤣

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
This country has been gutted by the rich man revolution started by Reagan when he massively cut taxes on the rich. The Trump bumbler and incompetent made it worse by massively cutting corporate taxes and soon the economy will crack.

The US economy when taxes on the rich were 70 percent and up grew unlike any time in history. There were unions to lift wages and now all there is is slavery and serfdom where people have to work three jobs to survive and 16 hours a day. Do you call that progress? We're going backward.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
America’s real problem is the coddling of the 1 percent class of economic vipers who have left the economy in dire straights so many times as they reap the harvest of their gutting the economy as they did in 2008 and they're doing now.

The American people have been duped for so long with these democratic and Republican politicians who live to make the rich richer and the poor poorer.

Of course, the Republicans are worse and there is no hope with a Republican politician for any progress. Trump has brought us, as Bush did, back 50 years. It will take decades to recover.

All you rich loving psychophants who defend your own destruction can only be described as a form of deluded self-hatred

You are deceived to witness your own destruction and defend those who destroy you.

If it wasn't so pitiful it would be funny

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
This country has been gutted by the rich man revolution started by Reagan when he massively cut taxes on the rich. The Trump bumbler and incompetent made it worse by massively cutting corporate taxes and soon the economy will crack.

The US economy when taxes on the rich were 70 percent and up grew unlike any time in history. There were unions to lift wages and now all there is is slavery and serfdom where people have to work three jobs to survive and 16 hours a day. Do you call that progress? We're going backward.

Congratulations
You have just won the internet for comedy

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Jokes aside, being completely serious.

He's just an absolute bore. Nothing stands out about him.

He's got a lot of guts though, jumping into the pool when even he has to know he's solidly in last place.

From all reports he didnt do crap for Newark.........and other than his "sparticus" moment thats his only real claim to fame, the guy is a zero when it comes to action, especially when it comes to the 10s of candidates from democrats were going to see.......i bet we see 20 or more

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The rich hire people to help them find loopholes so they dont have to pay that much..........its just a talking point to their base for the democrats to even push this sort of thing.......

even when the tax rate on the rich way back when was 90%........8 people........8 out of the whole country paid that rate.........8........

No what we need is a flat tax.....period.......

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Congratulations

And you have won the bootlicking of the rich reward of the century

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I don't know about 20, but whatever number it is, it will definitely be saturated.

Either way, he'll be stalking dead last in the primaries. He's got zero going for him, kind of feel bad about how apparently unaware/realistic he is.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Congratulations

And you have won the bootlicking of the rich reward of the century

Awww...
Nothing of importance
No back-up for anything you said
Just anti-US rhetoric
I get it...

Denying ignorance
Why ?
I may make this my occupation

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
No politician is

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

The Country’s economy boomed when rich people paid taxes. Today we can’t even fix the bridges, the streets and parks, the libraries and still ride 18th-century trains and yet people still defend that.

They love billionaires as their children starve and die from Opiate addiction.

There's no hope in the country and the source is economic strangulation by the rich of the poor

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The state of the country backs up what I say. What are you looking at?

Today a young person WILL NEVER get out of debt with school loans in the tens of thousands.

People need two and three jobs to just survive.

In the '80s is wasn't near as bad as that when we had infrastructure, unions, hope, advancement, a person could get through college working part-time.

Today things are worse than ever.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The people who defend the status queue of uplifting the rich and downgrading the poor are mind-bogglingly stupid and amazingly always vote against their self-interest.
And have some kind of fetish for billionaires.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

The state of the country backs up what I say. What are you looking at?

Today a young person WILL NEVER get out of debt with school loans in the tens of thousands.

In the '80s is wasn't near as bad as that when we had infrastructure, unions, hope, advancement, a person could get through college working part-time.

Today things are worse than ever.

I thought you may have it in you for an intellectual response
For a while I thought rather than Denying Ignorance , you were proudly put it on exhibition

Is anyone GUARANTEED a college education ?
It is called "higher learning" and , yes , one has to pay for it.
Did anyone force them to take out those loans ?
I do not recall any regulations that force student loans to obtain on a person
It is called "fiscal responsibility"

Where did you get that ?
I know of cases where married couples both work
Of course , surviving is relevant to the person.

Again , fiscal responsibility

Done ,
Next

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

You’re not listening to anything I say. I’m comparing the great and developing economy we had when fair taxes were imposed on thee rich to this slave economy where people are doing worse economically that anytime in American modern history.
And it’s only getting worse as millennial’s are worse off than the baby booming generation and their in bad shape.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join