It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gag order for Roger Stone? I think he knows something and it does not involve Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
A judge can prevent the discussion of a case by assigning a gag order to a person involved in a civil or criminal case. It is not unheard of as one side will usually say it can sway the case or damage the jury pool come trial. Roger Stone can be brash. He is not afraid. He should be able to say what he wants based on his 1st Amendment rights but I understand.

Link

Now, I would not think this was really a big deal except...why now? All the left has talked about is how many people are indicted and plead guilty and we are getting closer to impeachment but really why now? Think about all of those people who were close to Trump who have been put through the ringer and no gag orders. Friends. Lawyers. Administration. So at first I thought it might be about wanting to silence him but maybe, just maybe it is something else.

What is so different about Mr Stone than the others? Is it because he will state the truth about things he knows that may not be 'directly' tied to the Trump case but will implicate others. I chuckle when I read about people saying that he is no threat. He takes being politically incorrect to a new level ever seen. If he has a closed door hearing he would be able to talk about things that others have not and I do not think he would not talk.

What would the Mueller Investigation NOT want Stone to talk in public about because it is not about his trial but something found in discovery and/or initial review of information before the raid.

Could he be the lost one before the tides turn to the DNC? No one said Mueller cannot investigate them. He has the right to a speedy trial also. They are looking at the US Attorney saying they will be ready in the fall. That would mean with a gag order he could not talk till then about any of this.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Last I checked Flynn was still under a gag order as well, could be wrong on that.

A totalitarian state can indict you for a crime that they say you did and will not allow you to prove your innocence.

Ever notice how many of Mueller's cases actually get tried by a jury as opposed to a plea bargain?

Oh wait... none.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Take a gag order, apply it to Roger Stone, flash forward to tomorrows episode of The War Room. Yeah good luck with that.

Stone knows more dirty secrets than probably anyone else in DC.
I actually think Stone is deep in the deep state and is pulling some stunts.

I'm beginning to think that the whole CNN arrest at Stones house was just a very expensive commercial for donating to Stones Defense Fund.

It should be obvious to everyone by now that his whole show is all fake. Like WWF fake.
The billion dollar question is does Trump realize how fake this is or is he suffering from serious cognitive dissonance?

Something much bigger is unfolding and it has nothing to do with Russian Collusion or The Wall or anything like that.

edit on 1-2-2019 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
Take a gag order, apply it to Roger Stone, flash forward to tomorrows episode of The War Room. Yeah good luck with that.

Stone knows more dirty secrets than probably anyone else in DC.
I actually think Stone is deep in the deep state and is pulling some stunts.

I'm beginning to think that the whole CNN arrest at Stones house was just a very expensive commercial for donating to Stones Defense Fund.

It should be obvious to everyone by now that his whole show is all fake. Like WWF fake.
The billion dollar question is does Trump realize how fake this is or is he suffering from serious cognitive dissonance?

Something much bigger is unfolding and it has nothing to do with Russian Collusion or The Wall or anything like that.

I have to say I agree with you for the most part.

I think sometimes that not only does Stone know where the bodies are buried, but he knows because he helped bury them.

As far as Stone's rather impressive turnout as far as the FBI forces go, I lean towards thinking that Mueller and Co. needed a big news splash to keep the narrative alive. After all, it's failing pretty hard right now.

edit on 1-2-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Going off of my gut perception with something of this nature, it seems real, and Stone may or may not be a cooked fish, well in over his head and going to prison for a few years. He's got quite the past career on him, sure, but what he did may have technically crossed a few legal lines, and the feds wouldn't indict him unless they were confident that they had evidence to prove it. They don't do things like this out of orchestration or entertainment, to make a show or as smoke and mirrors in my opinion. Not something like this.

Everyone else Mueller has indicted so far has basically gone down or is in the process of it, post conviction. No one's been able to beat it yet, and when the feds have their evidence, even if they hand picked it in a partisan or bias way if that's what you believe, they have it.

Unfortunately for Stone, he might not be able to sing even if given the opportunity. He'd have to become an outright snitch and dig up unrelated dirt on Trump because I don't think matters of perspective from political eyes are going to determine his innocence or guilt.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
Going off of my gut perception with something of this nature, it seems real, and Stone may or may not be a cooked fish, well in over his head and going to prison for a few years. He's got quite the past career on him, sure, but what he did may have technically crossed a few legal lines, and the feds wouldn't indict him unless they were confident that they had evidence to prove it. They don't do things like this out of orchestration or entertainment, to make a show or as smoke and mirrors in my opinion. Not something like this.

Everyone else Mueller has indicted so far has basically gone down or is in the process of it, post conviction. No one's been able to beat it yet, and when the feds have their evidence, even if they hand picked it in a partisan or bias way if that's what you believe, they have it.

Unfortunately for Stone, he might not be able to sing even if given the opportunity. He'd have to become an outright snitch and dig up unrelated dirt on Trump because I don't think matters of perspective from political eyes are going to determine his innocence or guilt.

I guessed you missed the point that to date, pretty much everything Mueller has gained has been by plea bargain.

So he beats them down, breaks them financially in legal fees, threatens to get their family members involved too, gets a plea bargain because then he doesn't have to actually give any evidence and omits any evidence to the contrary.

He's already been busted more than once for omitting exculpatory evidence.

Almost got disbarred because of it once.

This is the cleanup guy for the Clintons, ffs.

Let's have a trial or two where actual people get to present their evidence and are allowed discovery.

You know, like the Russians he indicted and some of them showed up and the information he gave to their lawyers got leaked and now he is calling it "disinformation".

If you actually want THIS kind of justice then you are just begging to be owned.

He's the Mafia now and is being allowed to get away with it because "Orange Man Bad."

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
dbl

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What if they take the plea bargain to avoid a harsher sentence as advised by their lawyers? That's the only reason to ever take a plea. I hear you on the legal fees, the family members, etc, but no man willingly enters a prison cell for a few years or longer unless he has to, absolutely has to, to avoid being there up to ten times as long and possibly dying there.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Mueller is a dirty corrupt person..anyone who has looked at what he has done over his long career can not come to any other outcome. He is perfect for his current mission of ruining lives and twisting truth to fit his and the DNC narrative.

Whoever ordered the the way the raid would be carried out on Stone and then tipped off CNN should be hauled before a court, lose their government job and sued. Otherwise I hope I live long enough to see Mueller raided in the same way.
edit on 727stk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

There was a gag order for the Flynn case but it was placed on 'discovery materials'. Again, things that could have an impact on other people. What is funny about Flynn is that he was used by quite a few GOP candidates for questions on foreign policy, etc. Flynn was also a Democrat. A DINO if you will though because he supports Israel. I think he knows a lot about a certain person also.

He still has not been sentenced either.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

Part of his was to protect his son if I remember correctly. He spoke and his son was granted immunity.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Stone is probably second to flynn imo. I think flynn has the goods to back up the dirt he knows on everyone. Stone probably knows of more dirt overall though. Just conjecture, but i have suspected flynn had the goods on everyone and commented on this forum on it over 2 years ago now; long before all these crazy mueller indictments.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Ever notice how many of Mueller's cases actually get tried by a jury as opposed to a plea bargain? Oh wait... none.

What is that supposed to mean? People plead guilty to a lesser crime all the time, or agree to plead guilty for a lighter sentence...

Have you noticed how many of Mueller's cases have pleaded guilty? You do understand that right??? They are guilty.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Stone should ignore any gag order. He is innocent until proven guilty. As an innocent man, he has a right to free speech and no govt order should be able to remove his right.

edit on 2/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Manafort had a jury.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

You forgot and he presents them with the evidence he has collected.
Then they plead.
No one is pleading guilty to crimes they did not actually commit.
Also remember the many charges that Mueller has that he has decided not to go forward with as long as a witness continues to cooperate.
This isnt a crew of innocent men who have been bamboozled by crafty lawmen.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: drewlander

Flynn was also a Democrat...most people do not know that or put it all together. He knows a lot...so does Stone...so does Manafort.

Stone - The back room dealings on both sides
Manafort - worked with HRC's campaign manager and they worked with the Russians
Flynn - he has worked with everybody. Did you know he was the first general to work with GRU during the Obama Admin then became DNI director? He worked with some very major tech companies with his son who he got immunity for

We are getting very very close to the end and a new beginning.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
No "Gag Order" here!

Saturday evening, Big League Politics’ Luke Rohlfing caught up with Roger Stone to discuss a variety of topics, including who Stone thinks tipped CNN off to the FBI raid at his Florida home.

“I think Josh Campbell of CNN, who’s a former special assistant to James Comey, and I think he should be questioned under oath by the Senate Judiciary Committee to find out how it is possible, because we now know that CNN’s truck arrived roughly 30 minutes before the FBI strike force,” Stone said.

“I’m hopeful that Senator Graham will get to the bottom of that, because since they were executing a search warrant, the leak of that search warrant in advance violates the law.”
Source: bigleaguepolitics.com...
edit on 2/2/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sat 2.2.2019

The crowd erupted with applause and cheers when Roger Stone made his appearance at the Women For Trump 2020 campaign kickoff event held at Trump International Hotel in Washington, D.C.

Stone spoke at the D.C. event just over one week after being indicted by Special Counsel Robert Mueller, and entered the room amid cheers and “Roger Stone did nothing wrong” chants.

Big League Politics reporter Luke Rohlfling was live in the ballroom to record our exclusive footage.
Source w/footage: bigleaguepolitics.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Hasn't been issued yet. This will be very interesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join