It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VICE News Laying Off 10% of Their Workers...Why Don't They Practice What They Preach?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
VICE is a very left leaning media outlet...I would feel confident saying 98% (if not 100%) of those working there vote blue. That said, here they are laying off 10% of their workforce...

News Article

Now maybe its just me, but wouldn't this be a great time for all the blue voters screaming how they are "progressive" and how they "care" for everyone over the big bad conservatives and put their money and emotions where their mouth is? Democrats constantly talk about raising taxes on us because its for the "greater good", talk about how conservatives help no one, how the left is for the betterment of ALL....yet they are about to make a lot of people jobless and took ZERO steps to fix the issue. Why not issue a pay cut for ALL Vice employees and then use that money to pay the salaries of the 10%???? This is what the democrats want nationwide, so now is their chance to do it small scale...show us horrible red voters how it's done!!!!

I noticed this idea wasn't mentioned in ANY of the news articles I have read and lets be realistic...Democrats TALK a good game, THINK they are the ones who are caring, loving, compassionate....every time they have a chance to prove it though they choose NOT to help, kill babies, slander, try to find guilt without evidence, use emotion rather than facts, etc... Way to continue the hypocrisy blue...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rcwilliams775

I wonder what the CEO, COO, CFO make?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Screw them anyway. I like my news app on my phone (new reader pro) bc you can actually filter sources. I have it so none of trashiest obvious propaganda ones even show up: Vice, NYT, Huff post, CNN, LA Times, NPR, Vox.
Instead all the sources that are more balanced or at least less obviously sensational show up: NBC, New York Post, Fox, The Hill, CBS, Bloomberg, USA Today. They all have flaws but are seeming to be less idiotic than the ones above.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Neener Neener my team is better than yours...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

If your team is RED, it sure is...by FAR!!!! Remember, blue is the color you turn when you're dying...NEVER vote blue!!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   
must wait for AOC's explanation 😎

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I still read all the liberal propaganda BS just because I don't like to live in an echo chamber and like to see what the other side is saying

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I don't play for either of those teams, they both suck and both work against the best interests of the unwashed masses.
edit on 1-2-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Me too, its astounding to read some of the stuff that side says about this country, the current topics, and their agenda...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I can't disagree with you fully...you're not wrong...the 2 party system is the worst thing for us, BUT its what we have for now and the blue side has lost its mind completely.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I happen to really like the VICE documentaries about conflicts in other countries. They actually have balls and really do go to places that no other "news" organization will go.

Also I wouldn't exactly call them a left news source. More left than right yes but not a "lefty" org.

The videos on the youboob by VICE are pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
me too ; hence having other sources which some consider left still coming out. But the blatant sticky vitriol coming out of those stories that is blatantly false more often than not made me filter them. a reply to: norhoc

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I do too...they have made some good DOCS...but the news is def left leaning and when you listen to anyone who works for them in interviews they are usually WAY left of center. That said, yes I would like them to still make DOCS, but the point I am making is why are they letting 10% go and not making changes to save them? They celebrate their new senators wanting to raise taxes to 70-80-90% and take from everyone else...why not show us how its done...CEO on down take that pay cut!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wonder what the CEO, COO, CFO make?

Shane Smith the co-founder is worth a cool billion.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I don't watch the news part of VICE just the docs.
I had not heard of the 10% cut. Really sucks for those that are being cut because of greedy corporate punks who could EASILY contribute a fraction of earnings to save that 10%. Sad to see that kind of thing happening to hard working people.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Even when people lose their source of income, its nonetheless as always - us vs them mentality- the political schism which helps no one at all always prevails.

'Muhhkah

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Those employees will be fine. All they need to do is Learn How To Code. At least that's what many of them told the coal miners who lost their jobs.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: chris_stibrany

I still read all the liberal propaganda BS just because I don't like to live in an echo chamber and like to see what the other side is saying

Good idea... while your fearless leader is telling people the Intelligence folks were 'misquoted' by the fake news media. Even though the whole thing was live-streamed on multiple stations. No BS or lying in Trump's world tho, huh?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   

What makes them very left leaning?

Most of their article are straight to the point, investigative journalism. And their opinion pieces are clearly labeled as such.

So where's the left leaning narrative in that?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Vice is not only VERY Left-leaning; the word vice perfectly describes the baby-killing, by any means necessary Democrats.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join