It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE ABORTION AGENDA: Its Benefactors & What You Don’t Know

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sure, some chemicals are made that way. Mostly because it is cheaper than synthesis. So what do they manufacture from aborted fetuses?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

No it doesn't.

Refer to my post where I replied to Gambler to see the laws in legal language for yourself.

No where does it state that a healthy child can be aborted. But it does clearly state that if medical circumstances surface, abortion is an option. Rarely does it come to that, with medical science IN FAVOR of an unborn child at almost any level now days, there's a myriad of ways to save a child's life if the mother does not want it or is in serious doubt it will live.
A prime example is a child developing serious brain damage or a brain tumor in the womb and has zero chance of survival, what does the mother do? Chance a serious risk to her health through a stillborn birth, or have the option of abortion?

Any woman who is serious about having a kid that late in the game and seeks medical help is going to go through options A through Y and Z being abortion.

A woman cannot just go into a hospital and demand an abortion, it just doesn't work like that.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I think stem cells are currently illegal to harvest from abortions nationwide. There were a couple of lines from before they made the law. Now they have developed new ways of getting them. I don't know if these new ones work as well as the fetus ones though. I suppose if you have enough money, you can get them regardless of legality.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

A prime example is a child developing serious brain damage or a brain tumor in the womb and has zero chance of survival, what does the mother do? Chance a serious risk to her health through a stillborn birth, or have the option of abortion? Any woman who is serious about having a kid that late in the game and seeks medical help is going to go through options A through Y and Z being abortion.
a reply to: strongfp
Going by the criteria presented, late term abortion should be a very rare thing.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

[url=https://www.itv.com/news/2018-06-07/mother-forced-to-carry-baby-that-would-die-at-childbirth-for-15-weeks-calls-for-ni-abortion-law-reform/]Here[ /url]
is an extreme case of what happens when abortions are out right banned, or have no regulation for or against it.

The laws need to evolve, some of the laws that have been changed, or are proposed, I don't agree with. But some I do. It needs to be fine tuned and made fool proof, I'm not a law maker or a lawyer, nor do I care to sit through hundreds of pages of legal language, but from what I see so far, NY is on the right path. Thing is, it takes a lot of personal responsibility, a lot of courage, and a lot of trust from everyone involved in the abortion process.

Those who don't seek medical help, are literal criminals, those who do, should not be pinned down as one.
edit on 1-2-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

"No where does it state that a healthy child can be aborted." Does it state that a healthy child can not be aborted? The health of the child is not the over riding factor. It is a reason if the child is not healthy but otherwise, the determining factor is health of the mother. You keep talking like it's all health of the baby.

Also you keep pointing out how things are done today. If this is the intent, we do not need a new law. The new laws expand the criteria.

In addition, the concept of having a death panel to decide the fate of any already living human has been thoroughly debated and rejected. The entire concept of killing an already born baby is disgusting even if you have doctors and lawyers present.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

The language clearly states that a medical team needs to make the final call. Which mean they can intervene for poor decision making on the mothers side. What don't you understand?

Again a woman can't just waltz into a hospital and say "doctor give me an abortion".

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

You call it a medical team, I call it a death panel.

I've made my statement, you made yours. People can read and decide for themselves. I don't to expect to make you change your mind. We don't appear to have much common ground.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The language clearly states that a medical team needs to make the final call. Which mean they can intervene for poor decision making on the mothers side. What don't you understand?

Again a woman can't just waltz into a hospital and say "doctor give me an abortion".

ANd again, studies show that doctors as well often go along with abortion recomendations in late term abortions for non medical reasons.

Like gosnell.

Like these studies show.

Some time ago, Abby Johnson, former clinic director in the largest Planned Parenthood clinic in Texas, addressed this issue by saying:

… it is false to say the women who choose late-term abortion do so because of medical reasons. We referred hundreds of women to abort their babies after 24 weeks…not one was for medical reasons.

In 2003, Katha Pollitt, who is pro-choice, wrote an article for The Nation discussing late-term abortion. She gave the three most common reasons why women had these abortions (1):

71% didn’t realize they were pregnant

48% had difficulty making arrangements

33% were afraid of telling parents or partner

This data indicates that late-term abortions are usually elective. Has it always been this way? In 1998, a survey was sent out to clinics that did late-term abortions. According to data from the 18 clinics that responded:

Only 9.4 percent of late abortions at clinics that responded to the U.S. News survey were done for medical reasons, either to protect the mother’s health(a rare situation) or, more commonly, because of fetal defects such as spina bifida and Down’s syndrome (box, Page 32)…for post-20-week abortions generally, about 90 percent were classified by the clinics as “nonmedical. (2)

www.liveaction.org...

Again, the new york law now basucally qualifies any pregnant wman ever for a third trimester abortion.

They just have to find a willing doctor, and as people like gosnell and others have shown, that seems like it can readily happen.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   

By your logic the military is a death squad. Just saying.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

And people still murder on a daily basis.

I get your point, there will always be those people to do the dirty work of others, but you can't stop that.

My main argument is for LEGAL law abiding citizens. Not back alley crooks. Like Gosnell.

Lets put things into perspective here, in American terms, gun control.

People call for banning guns because their dangerous, people say it's only criminals who are dangerous, so we don't need more control. It's the same damn rhetoric here.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

And people still murder on a daily basis.

I get your point, there will always be those people to do the dirty work of others, but you can't stop that.

My main argument is for LEGAL law abiding citizens. Not back alley crooks.

Lets put things into perspective here, in American terms, gun control.

People call for banning guns because their dangerous, people say it's only criminals who are dangerous, so we don't need more control. It's the same damn rhetoric here.

No a gun is a tool that a person can use to murder.

A more apt comparison would be saying no need to have murder be illegal, because reasonable people would never murder.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

So you're saying abortion is murder?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

So you're saying abortion is murder?

I am saying that setting up a law to say that all pregnant women can have third trimester abortions, and then saying no woman or doctor would go thru with it is like saying we should say we make a law that says all murder is legal, but no person would go through with that.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You must have responded to someone else’s post.
I am on record supporting a woman’s right to choose, although I do not support late term abortion in most cases.
What I was talking about was you delineating reasons for late term abortions and the fact that those cases are rare.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I never said that.

I clearly said the option should be there and should not be barred from special circumstances. Before the laws outright banned ANY abortion even with medical assessment after the 24 week period. Even if the child is completely stillborn the mother would face some sort of legal action. It was a ridiculous law, an outdated law drafted by religious control freaks from Christian and Catholic traditionalists.

I'm sorry, but giving MORE power to the people without some government telling a woman what to do with her body is more on the right track than intimidating them in a difficult situation.

If a woman becomes pregnant she should have the option of abortion. Just like the man had the option to pull out or use protection.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It is my understanding that abortions past 24 weeks were allowed in cases were the mothers life was in jeopardy.

Do you have an example of the law arresting women and doctors for third term abortions in NY wto save a womans life?

I havent read any of those.

What this law does do is make monsters like Gosnell more able to not be charged with criminal abortions, along with abusers that may punch a pregnant woman and kill her baby.

It also effectively means any woman now can qualify legally for a third trimester abortion, and that is disgsting.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

they are not autonomous beings, what a laughable argument that a fetus has the autonomy to decide these things

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

case in point of the moralists

pathetic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join