It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are They Hiding about the Houston Police Shooting?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Howdy ATS...

So I'm the OP who initially posted the breaking news about the shootout that happened just recently in Houston where a narcotics warrant was served that resulted in the shooting of 4 officers as well as an additional officer being injured, and the subsequent deaths of the two inhabitants of the raided house. That thread is here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was perusing YT just now and ran across a video that had been made asking the above question (the one in my title). My initial reaction was to roll my eyes...here we go, the inevitable "it's all a conspiracy" video about each and every thing that happens in the world. But, having a few moments I sat down and watched it (it's only 6:20 long). Well, all I can say after watching it is, yeah, it does certainly sound fishy. I've just watched it once through, so I'll give a super brief synopsis of what it detailed, but I highly recommend just taking 6 minutes from your life and viewing. The fellow that put it together did a good job and seeing the first hand testimonies of the neighbors and such is helpful to the overall message.

Anyway, what it basically says is that the house that was raided was not, in fact, a drug house. The warrant that was served was based upon a tip from a CI that he/she had purchased tar heroine from the house, but upon completion of the raid no heroine was found in the house, only some marijuana and a "white powdery substance".

Additionally, the officers who made entry into the house were dressed in civilian clothing, not uniforms, and immediately upon entering shot the couples dog. The man living there (it was a slightly older married couple by the way), came out of his bedroom with his .357 and engaged the men, the speculation being that he believed himself to be the victim of a home invasion. The police cited the guns that were recovered from the residence, but apparently those also were all legally purchased and owned weapons.

Lastly, the neighbors seemingly all refute the notion that the couple was engaged in any nefarious activities, much less drug dealing. Apparently they were well known and beloved members of the community at large.

The video goes on to show some of the subterfuge being exercised by the police in relation to this "ongoing investigation", and I personally, having been the first person on ATS to see and report this story to the community, have noticed that this story in particular has not really seemed to garner much national attention (I'm in Texas so this was more or less a local and regional story here). I would think that normally 5 officers being shot (as was initially reported) would be huge news, after all that just does not hardly ever happen. I just haven't seen that in this case, however, and this, being a conspiracy site and all of us at least in some sense like-minded find something perhaps purposefully off about that.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling at ya'. Really, take a moment and watch the attached video. It's pretty damned revealing and certainly very interesting and worthy of discussion here.

Peace...
TEP

PS: I initially tried to post this under the POSSE COMITATUS forum, but it wouldn't let me. Where the "new thread" button is I only see a circle with a line through it symbol. This is not the first time I've noticed this while attempting to post to other forums. I know that's almost a different thread under "Board Discussions", but I'm curious why...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It's an interesting topic and one worthy of discussion, unfortunately boss it was posted and is being discussed here already - Other thread

I'm not tying to be 'that guy', I just seem to be noticing this a lot recently,

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well thanks alot "That Guy!"
You know, it's funny because I always check the thread histories before I post specifically to make certain this doesn't happen, but I didn't do so here because since I originally posted about the shooting, I've been on ATS everyday and never saw that other thread come up, so I just figured I was in the clear.

Anyway, I suppose the thread is still worthy assuming that the video I posted hasn't been viewed before (I'm just about to peruse that other thread you mentioned and I might find it there). Otherwise, Dear Mods, please feel free to remove my OP from existence (not gonna cry, not...gonna...cry)...

Peace...

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It wouldn't be the first time the cops made up lies to cover their own bungling.

A number of years ago in Detroit, the cops made a drug raid that went bad. They somehow went to the wrong house, and in the confusion of the raid a little girl was shot and killed. The police spent an inordinate amount of effort trying to portray the girl's grandmother as somehow being responsible for the incident.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
In a land where the second rule is the right to bear arms, shoot happens. In the daily grind not much we can do about it, except really think about it before we call the cops in. In the background it does give more weight to 4am raids by the swat team. In practicality they still have their bungles and losses.

In the days since the 9/11 fallout, the motto to 'protect and serve' does seam a bit nostalgic. Here in Australia we do not have the gun issue like in America. I don't know. But if I ever did go to America the first thing I would want to get is a gun. Maybe I get shot, maybe I make it home again.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
My first guess is that the raided wrong house or got bad info. This has happened several times before.

I know in Atlanta a few years ago, cops raided some grandmother's house for a drug bust and she was packing and shot back wounding an officer. The grandmother got killed and it was the wrong house.

The thing I don't get is how they have such bad info. It is kind of like one of those cases where a doctor amputates the wrong limb.
edit on 1-2-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
It's an interesting topic and one worthy of discussion, unfortunately boss it was posted and is being discussed here already - Other thread

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join