It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA suspended nuclear treaty with world powers.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Is this where the left starts asking why we can't get along with Russia?

On a side note; maybe nukes could reverse the "Polar Vortex" or as Canadians call it, "Tuesday".

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTATThe president, and Putin have met several times, with no U.S. interpreter. That is unheard of. Just Trump Putin and his interpreter. Of coarse Putin can kill his interpreter, Trump could not. You of coarse, will have no problem with that.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

I think this is a calculated move, being done so that Trump and Putin can use this "crisis" as a PR stunt to blame previous administrations for Russia's indirections. Then, buddies for life, just like that, Putin and Trump will create a new treaty and compare the agreement to Reagan and Gorbachev's landmark treaty that ended the Cold War just before Reagan called on Gorbachev to "tear down that wall"!

Do I smell a Nobel Peace Prize nomination?

edit on 1-2-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Better brush up on your Russian Kurt 😜

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

The fact that Russia has violated the treaty for 5 years might have something to do with this latest move.

Hey, wait-a-minute...I heard Trump does what Putin tells him to do....hmmmmmm...

Was that when the "guy with more flexability" was in office?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: IAMTAT
You of coarse, will have no problem with that.

Of coarse.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: iplay1up2
You of coarse, will have no problem with that.

Of coarse.

When they take over our country with that one busted aircraft carrier and an economy weaker than Texas....

As long as they don't covert our bourbon production to vodka I'll be alright.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pandaram
Middle North America suspended nuclear arms control treaty with the world. It complained noone give a poops about the treaty.. russia said they did but thats something middle North America disagree. IDK who is lies.. but can guess tho.. eitherway this is possibly lead to arms race and possible one or two nukes gos off somewhere. but as indians where dos it leave us? Are we in the fall out zone if Russia get nuked? I think we are ok from fall outs from middle north America though..

When you say middle North America you are talking about the United States of America, the greatest nation of all time, correct? I thought so.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It's in response to Russia building up it's nuclear arsenal because George Bush pulled out of the,

The Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty (ABM Treaty or ABMT) (1972—2002) was an arms control treaty between the United States and the Soviet Union on the limitation of the anti-ballistic missile (ABM) systems used in defending areas against ballistic missile-delivered nuclear weapons. Under the terms of the treaty, each party was limited to two ABM complexes, each of which was to be limited to 100 anti-ballistic missiles.[1]

Signed in 1972, it was in force for the next 30 years.[2] In 1997, five years after the dissolution of the Soviet Union, four former Soviet republics agreed with the United States to succeed the USSR's role in the treaty. In June 2002 the United States withdrew from the treaty, leading to its termination.

Russia was being threatened by Bush placing ABM sites in former Soviet era nations on Russia's borders. The dominoes keep falling.
edit on 1-2-2019 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
But When America violated the treaty for 10 years or so and kept expanding towards the Russian borders in Eastern Europe its a fair game?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Personally, all I think it leads to are more funds and taxes being wasted on weapons that no one will ever use just to flex the bigger muscle.

If there is any kind of nuclear assault, it will be from a terrorist cell setting one off. No major countries would use such an end all weapon in war. Unless they're in a war and seconds from losing. Even then, I don't really see it happening since nukes can be a deterrent and most leaders wont just give up life right then and there. They will always hope for a chance to draw another breath if possible.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yep... Imagine that being stamped on the warhead....

"DO NOT CALL"
- I'm opting OUT.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Putin doesn't need an interpreter. He speaks English very well.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This OP isn’t accurate really, a statement was made that the US would be backing out of the treaty if Russia didn’t destroy all of its new missiles launchers etc which the US believes are actually nukes and are stationed in Europe which would be a direct violation of the treaty from 1987 I believe...
Aside from this Russia says it’s ready to deploy its supersonic ballistic missile...

The clock is at 2 mins till midnight once again, but if you take the current state of the World right now it’s closer to 30 seconds... if you ask me I’d have to say the puppet masters and war pigs are just making their final moves...

edit on 1-2-2019 by 5StarOracle because: Word

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Is this where the left starts asking why we can't get along with Russia?

I'm just as confused as you.

Do we hate russia or don't we? I can't tell anymore. Dems are just so damn confusing!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Pandaram
but as indians where dos it leave us? Are we in the fall out zone if Russia get nuked? I think we are ok from fall outs from middle north America though..

Hopefully in any thermonuclear exchange it's close enough to India that the EMP bursts shut down all the call centers.

Half of them dont use digital microchips, so a few fuses and a handful of wire splices and viola Windows Technical Department will be trolling you again everyday during the nuclear winter.

Luckily we're undisputed at the forefront of The Victim Soundboard Arms Race, so fire up a Victim Soundboard at the ready for when they call, enjoy. The general goal is to keep them going for as long as possible. But sometimes you unlock the boss level when the manager (or pimp in certain other calls) gets on. When they finally hang up now you can keep calling them back for a change.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Not to worry grasshoppa, its just one of many first steps to another World War; a cleansing of the earth by fire.

Shalom

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
But When America violated the treaty for 10 years or so and kept expanding towards the Russian borders in Eastern Europe its a fair game?

How did the US violate the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty, as per OP? Russia has been under notice sine Obama's time. Ex-Soviet occupied countries running towards the West and away from Russia was always on the cards, and lucky they did considering Russia's current belligerence to counties unable to defend themselves.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

i think fall out traditionally at least in northern hemisphere goes west to east? with the prevailing winds but it all comes around eventually , i think this was the treaty the russians were not in compliance with since either bush the 2nd or obamas time . and as we dont traditionally deploy short ranged nukes this has little effect unless we "redeploy" these short ranged ballistic missiles to either europe or south east asia

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

nixon did it but not the best example, and many world leaders also speak English and dont need interpreters see FDR and Churchill meeting during ww2 or pretty much any president meeting with netenyahoo

www.politifact.com...

www.kare11.com... -56be23a8-eaf3-4905-b72c-d5be4e37b0aa perhaps this is why? as in their rush to get trump they wanted to try to get a translator to reveal what happened which has never happened in 200 years apparently

But forcing an interpreter to publicly disclose the details of a confidential conversation between world leaders would be unprecedented and perilous, experts say. “It has never happened in American history,” said Harry Obst, who served as an interpreter for seven presidents. “And if it hasn’t happened in over 200 years, there must be a good reason for it.”
id assume Washington met with a few foreign leaders with out translator as he was pretty smart and i think spoke french during ye old colonial times

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join