It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Songs that saved our lives or improved our current situation's ROCK

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabrechucker

None taken whatsoever. We all have our doom n' gloom dog days. Sorry to hear that but do your best to keep moving forward.

Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky (1969)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EndtheMadnessNow

That's good music!! She's missing out actually lol. She's calling me but, I am not calling back. Whoops. Turns out she doesn't make much money. Thank's for being cool...I appreciate it man!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way (Live 1997)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Not rock .. but definitely influenced me.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Sarah M is extremely talented!. My friends would never stop if they knew I've watched this video about 500 times, don't care, it's Incredible!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:38 PM
link   

My sister listened to Fleetwood daily when I was a kid...Giving me flashbacks.

May not be your cup of tea but give it a try.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

My daughter really likes Pink.

Here’s something old.. like me

edit on 13-2-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I never heard of Pink until recently,she's powerful. I'll be 40 in August. I am not old but, not a young buck either.

Your only as old as you feel! thanks again for the music! good stuff!

edit on 13-2-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

A great one

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
"American Woman" released by the Canadian rock band The Guess Who in January 1970, from their sixth studio album of the same name. On May 22, 1970, the single was certified as gold by the RIAA. Lead singer Burton Cummings was quoted, "When I said 'American woman, stay away from me,' I really meant 'Canadian woman, I prefer you.'"

Growing up I listened to this song all the time and knew way back then what he meant by that line. I guess then the seed was planted and that's why I later ended up marrying a Canadian girl. I'd still play this song back when I was married and she hated it till I finally broke down and told her the story behind the song. Good times. True story!

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   

My younger daughter was and is into Pink so I got to hear her at home, alot but Dad had the bigger amp, speakers & sub to drown it out. She is definitely unique and there were days I didn't mind listening to her.

Foreigner - "Urgent" (1981)

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Canadian girls are truly special, drive you to practice and be home in time to feed ya Hortons. Great Women! I'am a Buffalo boy. No Cup for the Leafs!!..ever..I hope we can rennin friends.

edit on 13-2-2019 by Sabrechucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Kansas - Dust in the Wind (1978)
The title of the song is a Bible reference, paraphrasing Ecclesiastes 1:14:
“I reflected on everything that is accomplished by man on earth, and I concluded:
Everything he has accomplished is futile — like chasing the wind!"

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   

LOL no problem, good coffee! Don't think those two vids you linked are playable outside of Youtube. Get a play error for both.

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Canned Heat - Let's Work Together 1970

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
This song helped me get through the worst period of my life oddly enough... 100% not my style but it served a role.

This song and the show it has become associated with, Supernatural, proceeded to get me out of the place the first song had me in

This song just gets me going every damn time I hear it... the second half, from about 5:40 mins on, is to me the perfect definition of heavy...It will never get old to me and will always make me headbang.. lol,

First version is live...second version is great with headphones as you pick up various effects that dont translate live..

live..

headphones..

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

WoW! Barely made it through your first one. New to me. Holy emotions that is deep!

Kansas - think I heard that song everyday when riding the school bus. Hard to believe they're still touring.

I'm usually not much into the progressive (death) metal bands but some of the older Norwegian bands from the 90s are unique and quite good. Guessing by your username you're a big fan.
This song is by far one of them. I did listen w/headphones and agree the second is amazing indeed!

posted on Apr, 28 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join