It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks for Sale!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
It is not illegal to drive a tank in the US.

Different states have different laws.

It is illegal to drive a tank on Federal Highway if you dont have permission (like you have to schedule it). But on regular roads you can if the tank is below 28 tons and meets height and width requirments.

APC's barely meet this requirment, so I dont think you can find too many tanks anyways that would fit on the roads and be light enough to not totally ruin the roads you are driving on.

I emailed these import companies (Since you wont have any luck finding US equipment really), and for a BMP or British APC it is about 30 grand).

I think that I would rather have one of these then a new car personally. It would be so cool. Especially getting one with NBC protection.

Maybe one day *dreams*.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am seriously considdering a Vodnik
if the Ruski's will sell them ofcourse

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ive always wanted to own an Abrams; or maybe a Sherman would be cool!

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
As a US citizen you can buy U.S. military hardware. But you can't buy it from someone in the U.S. So if you find an Isreali arms dealer that happens to have something laying around buy it. . .you have to demilitarize it. but you could ship the parts separately and rebuild it yourself and as long as it never leaves your property I'm pretty sure you don't break any laws oh, and you might have to have the engine and everything shipped separately to evade EPA rules(as long as you put the trans/engine and weapon system on yourself you bypass customs and EPA rules). although, all that would have to be done would be make it illegal for a citizen to own and operate a firearm with larger bore than. . . what 30 mm? Don't think any conventional weapons are larger than that and I really don't think the NRA would mind either.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It's great that people can buy tanks in both the U.S. and the U.K.. It's been legal, at least here in the U.S. for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure how long it's been legal in the U.K., though. And you can even legally drive them around. There is only one drawback to it, and that the tube on the turret that shoots the shells must be disable by having some type of metal soldered inside the tube itself, rendering it unusable.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
hey guys i already have a russian T-34 tank and A T-35 tank, both them are for sale!

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
nice find, wouldnt mind a Panzer 4 or a russian APC. Plus i dont think youd have to disable the turret if you dont drive it.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
i lovfe tanks gonning to get one soon, bulid a stock of military vechiles, make a bussines out of it by haveing people pay to wach them fire blanks and drive around and maybe have them get a ride for a little extra!!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
one would be great if you owned a auto wrecking yard.

you could charge for people to watch you use it to crush cars.

it would likely not cost any more then a car crushing machine and would be a lot more fun.

put on a show once a month for every one.

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMan
[mosadly enough, the police shot 8 times, and only hit him once

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thats coll and everything but i rather buy a mortar and some feild artillary and maybe even pay ppl to join my army and take over the state of texas
:

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

During riots in Budapest, Hungary, demonstrators broke into a museum, started up a T-34 tank and drove around in the streets.

All aboard...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
me want king tiger tank ssssooo bad!!!!! and m35 helmet

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I want a MAZ mobile nuclear launcher
www.russianmilitary.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
There is a guy here in southern Arizona who has his own railroad and a collection of military vehicles that he rides around in. I bet that scares the hell out of the illegal immigrants on their way up to Phoenix.

There is just something appealing about owning working military grade equipment. I think you need lots of land to really appreciate this stuff though.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If my powerball ticket pays off I'm in. It would be fun to go thru McDonald's and say they forgot my fries.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join