It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tanks for Sale!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I came across this site this morning and I thought you all might be interested.

I guess all you need is a fat wallet and a good importer, and you could start your own army!

enjoy!!!!

www.tanksforsale.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Tanks are grreat (scottish accent) !

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
i can just imagine my self driving one of those through the streets of
st albans

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I knew of that before, I want that BMP-1 like hell! Someone buy it for me please?

You might also like:
www.milweb.net...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I saw a show, i believe on National Geographic Channel, About people with collectiuons of military vehicles. SOme guy had lots of tanks artillery all sorts of military equipment. ONe of them was designed to fire nuclear rounds. I think most if not all were i working condition so if he had ammunition, he could fire his big guns.

Some of the people that have collections like this should, makes some ammo, then attack some country nobodys ever heard of.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Dang, they haven't got any of the stuff on my Christmas list

I wouldn't mind have a Panzer VIE (Tiger). Those just look more sinister than your typical tank.

Maybe i'll just build my own though- strap a great big gun of some kind onto a bulldozer and get 'er done.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
i want that tiger. ma we'd win every reenacting battle with that thing. cept the only bad part is if you throw a track, the tank is stuck there for good.

TIGER FUR IMMER!

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
heh
we all remember what happened In San Diego now dont we? ...

"San Diego Police and the California Highway Patrol chase a stolen military tank down Interstate 805. The tank was stolen from the National Guard Armory by Shawn T. Nelson, who led police through the streets of Linda Vista before entering the freeway. Nelson finally crashed the tank into the center divider of Southbound Highway 163 and was shot dead by San Diego Police."

Shawn Timothy Nelson, 35, a divorced, alcoholic, drug-taking plumber, had been watching his life crumble around him. He lost his job, his girlfriend left him, he broke his neck in an accident, and he had recently been evicted from his house. So He stole a 57-ton U.S. Military M-60 tank.

On May 17, 1995, in San Diego, Nelson entered a National Guard Armory, started up the heavily armed tank, and headed out for the highway. Barreling through six miles of residential roads and with 20 police cruisers trailing helplessly behind, Nelson mashed 20 cars, flattened vans, knocked over telephone poles, and squashed a telephone booth and a bus bench. The power lines that were knocked down left 5,000 homes without electricity

Fortunately the tank's weapons -- a 105 mm cannon, 7.62 mm machine gun, and a 12.7 mm anti-aircraft gun -- were not loaded.

Leaving behind a trail of destroyed vehicles, spouting hydrants, sideswiped bridges, and nail-biting insurance agents, Nelson's rampage finally came to a halt when his tank became immobilized astride a concrete highway divider. At that point, four police officers leaped onto the tank, opened the hatch with bolt cutters, and shot Nelson to death.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I remember that. I got mad as well watching that whole thing. I understand that cops have rules to play by and are supposed to keep it safe, but why the heck did they have to wait for it to be imobilized to climb onto it? Seems to me that any yahoo with a lifted pickup truck, bolt cutters and a weapon could have hopped the tank in motion, opened her up, and dispatched the driver.

That incident gave me a peach of an idea though. Ever think about how east a bank robbery would be if you had an armored vehicle? Really just a bulldozer with a few 3/4" plates welded around the cab would work. I suppose you'd need dismounted accmomplices, but still I dont even think North Hollywood woudl hold a candle to that.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
That's why SWAT teams need ATGM's lol...it won't happen anymore since Military bases are all heavilly guarded after 9/11...

Why was that guy shot to death again? I know he was resisting arrest some how...

Back to topic, i'd want the T-72, it's always been one of my favorite tanks

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Um, these things don't work like the movies, you do NOT want to attempt to jump on a tank while it's moving, that's just going to get you killed, especially as you would have to be driving along next to it and it in no way drove in a straight line.

Stop watching so much TV

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:53 AM
link   
forget the tanks and apc's and trucks.

all you need is a good FIELD KITCHEN!

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I saw on tv a few months ago that there is a guy in London that drives a tank around town.

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Call me mr Cautious but leaping on board a moving tank from a pickup truck is not really something I would be inclined to try.

What if the tank changes direction?

posted on Mar, 2 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I would try Jumping from a truck to a tank,but then again my Motto is "everything once but not again".
So dosent everyone need a tank to get rid of the gophers?
if I could afford one and had a spot for it I would buy a T72 or something.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I want to import a APC from the UK.

As a US citizen I cannot buy US Military equipment. I have to buy foreign.

It is not hard to do, I just am dying to know how much it would cost to get it shipped over to the US. I wonder how much it costs.

Anyone have any idea? It is 14 tons I beleive.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The guy was pissed,so he took a M-60,and rampaged around town,and therefore it is illegal to drive a tank in the US,but legal in the UK. I want a good Russian BMD,just to scare the shyt out of little kiddies

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I would love a BRDM personally

it would be fantastic to take offroad

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Lucretius]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The thing is,BMDs and all funny Russian APCs look fugly and a lot like tanks. In every news report, an APC is known as a "tank",instead of an armored personell carrier. Oh,and keep the jungle camo,I wouldn't want to be stuck in a ugly yellow paint job like that British dude driving his tank around

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
BRDM-2's are pretty neat, equipted with a PKVt 14.5mm very heavy machinegun and a 7.62x53E PKt medium machinegun.

I'd like a Vodnik too, I wonder if they are much cheaper than a HMMWV...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join