It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MH370 may have crashed near Madagascar, underwater microphones suggest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Scientists at Cardiff University in the UK have examined acoustic-gravity waves picked up by two hydroacoustic stations in the Indian Ocean, one off Cape Leeuwin in Western Australia and the other at Diego Garcia further north.

Each of the two stations, operated by the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organisation, has three "hydrophones" or underwater microphones, which continuously record sound waves in the ocean.

Signals from both stations show sound waves that could have come from a large object, such as a meteorite or an aircraft hitting the water.

------------------------------------------------

"Our research into these waves has moved on since we first proposed the idea in 2017," Dr Kadri wrote in The Conversation.

"Previous analysis considered the sea floor to be rigid, which would not allow the radiating waves to move through it.

"However, if the elasticity of the sea floor is taken into account, then the waves will travel at this enhanced speed.

"When acoustic-gravity waves start travelling through the sea floor their propagation speed boosts to over 3,500 m/s, from the 1,500m/s they would have been travelling at through the water."

------------------------------------------------

Inexplicably, 25 minutes of data from the Diego Garcia station — where the US has a secretive military base — is missing.

Dr Kadri said the signals his team analysed indicated a 25-minute shutdown that cannot be explained by a technical failure or maintenance, given the three hydrophones operate independently of each other.

He said the CTBTO has failed to give any reason why the data is missing, though either military action or Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have caused the system shutdown.

MH370 may have crashed near Madagascar, underwater microphones suggest

There are a lot of 'ifs' in this news story. The information is interesting and could help pinpoint the crash site one day. Sadly I think there is a good chance we will never know for sure what happened to MH370.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   
What ever happened with the recent story about the fisherman who claims to have seen the plane go down?
Yet waited all this time to go public with the story?

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Does anyone remember at the time the plane went missing, that there were reports of a gold bullion cargo onboard?

I can't find any mention anywhere (I only searched for about five minutes or so, but I'm sure I remember it),

Is this a false memory, or what? Has it been scrubbed?

I'm confused.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It disappeared without the trace.. thats the truth.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
plane confiscated to Diego Garcia refuelled ….from there they let it crasch near Madagaskar where nobody would search for it

withness reports could be true that they spotted the plane near the maladiva islands

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
plane confiscated to Diego Garcia refuelled ….from there they let it crasch near Madagaskar

Do you realise how many people would have seen it at Diego Garcia? It would be totally impossible to stop someone from publicising the fact, not to mention the "why"? Why would the British and Americans be involved in MH370? Think it through.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

People act as if the place is empty because the satellite pictures are scrubbed. There are a lot of personnel there and some of them are merchant Marines or other Mariners working the prepositioning fleet, contractors for support, so on and so forth. It's a relatively large operation of probably 2-3000 personnel.
www.fco.gov.uk... /british-indian-ocean-territory/?profile=today" target="_blank" class="postlink">old source

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
yes all the personal there must have seen it... ofcourse they can freely speak to relatives / MSS and publisch to social media on everything wat happens there on Diego garcia…with no restrictians.. XD
and "why".....there had to be someting ore someone aboard on that plane hat diidend may have reached china…!
normally an simple bomb would do the job ... but they needed it intact ore alive...

a reply to: paraphi

edit on 1-2-2019 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-2-2019 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join