It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday had to put my Dog to sleep

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss. This is especially painful when you take pets as family members.

posted on Mar, 16 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Rnemulo

Thanks and yes it is. It's one of the worst pains I've been through in my life and even with four weeks between her going and this moment the pain is still there. I'm through the worst of it now just thinking of the good times and the happy moments. Thanks for your reply.

posted on Mar, 19 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Hello Dwoodward, me again, was wondering how you are?

It has been four weeks for me today almost to the hour. It has been hard (basically in a zombie state)
Feeling a bit better, but as you say pain is still there
A week holiday has helped a bit
Also the 12th of march was the 14th anniversary of us geeting her back in 2005, sadly

PS are you also inthe uk?

posted on Mar, 20 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Really sorry to hear that Dwoodward85.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: cydoniamars

Sorry been a few days since checking on here. Been up and down but getting there. Yes I am also in the UK, just a little ways out of London. I know how it feels, it's only been about a month and some change since we lost Midnight and the pain is still there. I'm struggling through it still missing her more than I could explain but like I said I'm getting through. Haven't been on a holiday in years and even then it was only to the seaside (Leysdown best place on Earth for me lol), I look after disabled parents so to go on a break would be difficult but it is planned for in a few months.

I'm glad you're doing better and I know that Zombie state all to well.

posted on Mar, 21 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Thanks mate. Also, love the profile pic.

posted on Apr, 8 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
My bud passed away last week and right before I had to go out of town. Its funny cos the airbnb I'm staying at had a foyer you could go out back and smoke and there was a statue of a dog that looked just liked my buddy at the same place where I happened to be staying! Makes you wonder.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: heymang
My bud passed away last week and right before I had to go out of town. Its funny cos the airbnb I'm staying at had a foyer you could go out back and smoke and there was a statue of a dog that looked just liked my buddy at the same place where I happened to be staying! Makes you wonder.

MY condolences for your loss.

I think it helps one to wonder and believe their loved one is there with them when things like coincidences or synchronicity happen that remind you of your friend.

posted on Apr, 9 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I look after disabled parents so to go on a break would be difficult but it is planned for in a few months.

You are a champion

many walk in your shoes but many more don't when it comes to family either being old or sick.

I hope you can get away even for brief while, stepping out of your daily routine and having a break especially after a trauma such as loss and for a person such as yourself that has responsibilities like you do can be good for you to recharge your batteries.

all the best

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: heymang

Sorry for your loss, words help but there's nothing like experiencing the loss and having that sense that something major has gone from your life. I still struggle with it at times although some have helped (Night Star has been on the other end of a message almost every day or so and has helped) I try to deal with it anyway I can and I can completely understand the feeling when seeing a statue of a dog, I'm just trying to force myself through life. The quiet moments are the worst, when you're alone and your mind just starts to wonder off and their faces pop into your head at the most random moments. My example is from just a few days ago, I was having a wonder through a local park pondering the stuff I have to do in the next few weeks (thanks to bills I've had to take up a third job, delivering leaflets, it's only six or so hours a week but those hours are usually me hours but that's out of the window thanks to rent increases and other junk) anyway, walking through the park for a few minutes break and she popped into my head, I got a little teary but managed to pull myself together, so the mourning hasn't really gone from me yet.

I'll add one thing, I hate with a passion when people say things to me like "Well she lived a good life" or "Well she had a life that most other dogs would love to have" I know they're trying to be nice but I really hate hearing that.

Anyway, I really hope you get through the harder parts and reach that moment when you can look back on them and not cry or break down, I'm there other than the odd slip.

posted on Apr, 10 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Sadly I've had to get a third job, the rent has gone up now that the local council has heard that I'm back at home and working, which means it's an extra hundred odd pounds on the rent, so I had to find work to cover that, it's only a few hours a week delivering leaflets but as I said in another comment those were my hours to relax but I'll cope. I'll find a break at some point in the future hopefully sooner than I realise.

Having been called a champion before lol so thanks for that.

posted on Apr, 11 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
a reply to: heymang

Sorry for your loss, words help but there's nothing like experiencing the loss and having that sense that something major has gone from your life. I still struggle with it at times although some have helped (Night Star has been on the other end of a message almost every day or so and has helped) I try to deal with it anyway I can and I can completely understand the feeling when seeing a statue of a dog, I'm just trying to force myself through life. The quiet moments are the worst, when you're alone and your mind just starts to wonder off and their faces pop into your head at the most random moments. My example is from just a few days ago, I was having a wonder through a local park pondering the stuff I have to do in the next few weeks (thanks to bills I've had to take up a third job, delivering leaflets, it's only six or so hours a week but those hours are usually me hours but that's out of the window thanks to rent increases and other junk) anyway, walking through the park for a few minutes break and she popped into my head, I got a little teary but managed to pull myself together, so the mourning hasn't really gone from me yet.

I'll add one thing, I hate with a passion when people say things to me like "Well she lived a good life" or "Well she had a life that most other dogs would love to have" I know they're trying to be nice but I really hate hearing that.

Anyway, I really hope you get through the harder parts and reach that moment when you can look back on them and not cry or break down, I'm there other than the odd slip.

Yea dude. Just driving through my neighborhood sets me off. Reminds me of the walks we took. My condolences as well

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join