It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yesterday had to put my Dog to sleep

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

me to

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Dog owners know that the loss of a dog is the loss of a family member. Live with the memories.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Trust me the kind words help.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

See the way I fall in love with my dogs (sorry not a cat guy not that I'd turn one away, my granddad took in strays all the time and I'd be the one to feed it etc.) I fall hard, as do all animal lovers so going through it time and again just pokes holes in me that never get filled, losing Playboy still has an affect on me and so will losing Mid. The funny thing is as I showed in the pic above (somewhere) I still have two dogs left and though one of them (Delboy) isn't much of a hugger compared to Midnight who loved to be hugged whenever you offered her one she was there ready and waiting with a dopey look on her face lol lol but Delboy isn't like that he might LET you give him a rub or let you lean on him almost like he becomes the pillow but after a while he just doesn't want to know lol.

I think that's one of the harder parts that I'll miss the cuddles and hugs. I have Delboy and Rodney, Rodney doesn't mind a hug but like Del, he isnt' always open to one. They are great dogs and I know I'll end up getting real close to them but I'm thankful that I don't live on my own because if I did I don't think I'd be strong enough to deal with the loss, I'm holding on by doing as advised by my ATS family and be around other people mainly family but on my own I think I'd be in a completely different situation.

Still I'm always thankful that you guys are on here. It's like a one stop shop for animal lovers.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Thanks for this, I've read it a few times over the last 24 hours and I've stuck it up on my Facebook wall for the rest of my friends and family to see.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am sorry for your loss. It never gets easier, no matter how many you loose. They are in our lives for such a short time, but bring so much joy while they are here.
And I would like to add, your OP was beautifully written.

We just lost our Bulldog Dozer in October. Damn near broke us, especially the hubby. The vet thinks he had cancer, but he died before his next appointment, sleeping outside our bedroom, were he always slept.

I miss him terribly.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

So true. I'm glad I've got the memories good and bad. The one thing that always sticks with me is even with her bad hips, even after her first seizure my warrior dog kept on going, she would, after lying or sitting for a while she would struggle to get up but man did she get going even when she wasn't steady on her hips/legs if she knew you'd gone for a walk without her man did she demand to get to go lol and if you said no she wouldn't move from the front door until she got her way lol.

Man am I going to miss her.

P.S - Even at her old age and with all her aches and pains when Delboy and Rodney would come to challenge her my zod did she see to it that they knew she was the boss even at one point having a FIGHT fight with Delboy (the larger of the two huskies) and before long left him running away. My mum said "She might be an old girl but she's still a bitch lol" the good memories and the bad are whats going to keep her going lol.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That's how Playboy went. In a way I think that's the best way to go. Not because its an easier way, which I think it is but because it's easier for the owner and the pet. Midnight had to go through the trauma of the vet, two of them in fact and being shaved, the poked with needles etc. so yeah going in their sleep I think is the better option. Gorgeous dog by the way. Here is a pic of Playboy, he died in his sleep.

Its the eyes. They have the most emotive eyes. So much so that when they're sick or bored you know it lol.
edit on 1-2-2019 by Dwoodward85 because: rewrite.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

It happened to me a few hours ago. I have an ear infection and have had it for about three weeks and was lying in bed with a hot water bottle over one ear it helps, and I heard a whimper I froze and just strained to listen again and nothing happened so I smiled and said "Bye babe" and carried on watching television. A little later I went downstairs to help the parents with some stuff and was positive I heard her at the top of the stairs leading to the top floor and our room we shared, I stepped outside and looked up to the landing smiled and said "I'll be up soon" Mum asked who I was talking to and just said no one. I really do like to think that they come back to see us at some point maybe the first few days or weeks just to make sure we're doing okay and dealing with it and that's something I hold close to my heart.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

Sucks to see a good friend leave , still miss mine 8+ years

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Oh, WOW!!!!

It happened to me quite a few times in the many months after Emily died.
I'd hear her walking around. I'd feel her presence in the house. See her out of the corner of my eye.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Yeah sucks big time. I can understand still missing your dog. I still miss Playboy who died three years ago and I'm only the second day of not having Midnight so its still fresh which makes it hard to deal with. I'm still talking to her just like shes still here with me lol.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

The funny thing is I keep telling her if shes there to come and say hello. I mean it might be in my head (might not though) but may be all in my head but in the rare case that it isn't and shes coming and going as she pleases (which was her way sometimes) then I'm hoping she'll come along for a quick visit either in my dreams or the real world, either way I don't mind. I think the worse part is the absence, her not being here has left a huge hole in my life literally everything I did was in a way because of or for her but now that she isn't here some things just don't feel like they're worth doing.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Hoping people don't mind but I may end up replying to this a few times just to keep myself going. This morning was a bad one. I woke up like normal took out the two dogs remaining then came back up and instantly broke down in tears and I mean badly. I do have an appointment with a bereavement councilor on Monday (about 3pm) just to try and deal with some of the pain and the feeling that I'm partly to blame, on account of being the one to take her down and hold her while they injected her. I'm trying to fight through this, trying and hoping that I can get through it but its a struggle and all the nice words on here do help, it makes a lot of difference when you can have people who understand the pain and loss of losing your pet to hear your words and your pain and to try and console you. It really helps.

I think for now its going to be the feeling of emptiness, the not having her hear and the silence, even with the television on and Delboy up here (dog) it still feels silent. I can't do anything that I would normally do on a Saturday because I feel guilty for some strange reason. I just took Del and Rod for their walks and before heading home I took them on the same short walk that I would normally take Midnight on and spent the whole time talking like Midnight was there, I also told my neighbour who came up to me and said "Oh the brown one not having a walk yet?" and had to tell her that she was gone and explain what happened and only got choked up so I know I can hold back the tears when I need to but here's hoping that I can get passed this and not have it linger or destroy me in a way that I won't be able to fix (I'm not talking about doing anything stupid. I just mean like when my granddad died, we were close and it put me off making any sort of bond or friendship with older people).

Thanks for listening/reading/commenting.
Danny.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Her presence is real.
I also felt this big hole, this huge loss. I cried a river of tears.
As my heart slowly healed, the visits grew further and further apart. I also had another manifestations of her presence twice, maybe three times.

I think she visits you to help ease your hurt/loss....and will continue to comfort you.
There is a spirit world, and she is there. Spirits are know to visit.

Years ago, I got a message from my departed dad. As well as receiving a message from my long-dead maternal grandmother.
I believe.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I have to believe that it is her. If I don't then I'm putting it down to me losing my mind. I'm still talking to her as if she is right here next to me. I come up the stairs where she would wait and even though she isn't there I'd say "C'mon then lets go" or when I let the two remaining dogs out I wait a few seconds longer as if she was walking in behind them (even though she was always first in lol) I did all this with Playboy (other dog) when he went and it helped. The only thing I'm currently struggling with is that emptiness, that feeling of something that should be but isn't. It's the hardest part and the knowing that I'll never get to touch her again, rub her head, she'd lean in if you rubbed her head because she was almost completely deaf the vet said its how some deaf dogs do it.

I can remember when Playboy died taking his body to the vets so I could have his ashes and coming home to see her looking at me as if to ask where was he and telling her that he was gone then coming up and watching sniff the floor where he was when he died but having her was a huge comfort to me, I cried my eyes out for ages after Playboy went and Midnight was there to lie next to me, putting her head on my knee and so having her helped me get through it but Delboy and Rodney (two remaining dogs) aren't really like that, Del is a dog that'll take a few scratches from you but that's about it, he'll either walk away or give you the "I'm bored now" look.

I know I'll get through and believing that she is around me will help but it's going to take a long time to get over her loss.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

You're not losing your mind.
She's there.
I believe it.

But you are in a lot of pain. The loss of a dear friend, a family member, someone who has been a part of your life for many years.
I know it will take some time for the pain to lessen, for the grief to work out and your heart to mend.

Take comfort in the times you had together.
I used to look at Em's pictures, to remind me of the good times, her soft fur....smiling through tears.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Danny, cry as much as you need to, it is perfectly normal. I know it doesn't feel like it now, but in time you will be able to deal with this better. I'm glad to hear that you will be seeing a grief counselor, that could be the beginning steps to healing. You will always have your sweet memories and she will never stop being a part of you. I'm sure Midnight wouldn't want you to be so filled with sorrow. She knows you love her and she will always love you.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Oh I get that I really do I'm just having trouble with the silence mostly. The stark difference between her here and her not here are hard to deal with. That's really my main problem is I'm noticing the gap in my world, the change in routine so much so that I still act like she is here, I come up the stairs where she would be waiting and say "Hello girl" or "c'mon then lets go up" just to try and fill in the missing part. I'm not crazy I know she isn't really there but it's the only thing that I can think of. Also her chair, coming into the room and seeing her chair empty breaks me every single time. I'm actually crying while writing this sitting on a bed no more than two feet from where she would have sat. Delboy was on there last night which is great, I want him to start taking her bed and chair and where she slept etc. but man is it hard to look over and find her there. I honestly and really being completely honest had a moment last night that was sort of like "What now? Whats the point now?" which is one of the reasons I'm going to see the grief councilor just to try and keep my head on straight and not get drunk through pain.

I really do appreciate the comments and the love sent my way and I know it'll help and that, like I said, I'll get through it but as others have said I still get teary over Playboy from three years ago so I've probably got a long way to go.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Oh trust me I'm crying probably a little to much. I have to hold it in sometimes like when family comes over. Just had some nieces and nephews over and one of them asked me where the "big dog" was and I had to explain that she'd got very very old and gone to heaven and even though he never got to play with her, she was a bit mean, he said he was sad that she had to go which got me a little so other than that I'm just letting the tears flow free. What doesn't help is that the family around me (brother and parents) seem to be over it already which completely surprised me.

Here's hoping the councilor will help. Thanks for the reply it helps.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join