It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something mysterious is blocking vehicle key fobs from working in a small Alberta town

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I dont think it said it drained the batteries but any car with a proximity key will turn on a lot of systems in preparation IF it thinks the key is close.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Wtf is a key fob?

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: KezigluBey

Apparently I was mistaken. 3 other people have already corrected me.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
Do you live near this town. You would think the town would experience problems in other locations if it was a drone using countermeasures.

I live near Whiteman AFB. The technology being tested is to cause incoming drones to lose signal and crash.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Cool, sounds like they need that at the Superbowl.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley
The mystery itself has been solved:

After investigation it was determined that there was faulty consumer electronic equipment stuck in transmit mode in the area, which was causing the interference.

A spokesperson with Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada had more details.

"In this case, it was determined that it was a remote car starter. It has since been deactivated and the interference has stopped," Hans Parmar said, in an emailed response to CBC News late Friday.

Store management added:

"We want to communicate that this was not the result of any intentional criminal activity, or any other activity that was speculated."

They also indicated that the offending "consumer device" was not located on the store's property, but was located nearby.

Seems to me to be a pretty piss-poor design in either this remote car starter, or the affected vehicles, or both.

-dex

I don't buy it. I think schuyler was closer to the truth and when the government agency found what the problem was, this is the cover story they came up with.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: WhyDidIJoin

This is what I pictured while reading that...

Hahaha thanks for that.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I remember going into one of those Autocar-washes, where the doors come down on either end, before the wash starts. Well in my case the RF channel that closed both doors, on the wash, were the exact same one that popped my car trunk open.

It happened twice, the first time I figured I hit the remote accidentally, second time I put 2 and 2 together.

Talk about getting instant shower and soap, while trying to close the damn trunk. smh
edit on 3-2-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Scientist solves key fob mystery

This happened in Yonkers, NY and they traced it to a DJ's light board.

There is a Mobil gas station in Germantown NY with the same key fob issue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join