It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solar Earth Shield

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Neon Haze

Apart from the overwhelming negative comments from people on this topic. I tend to agree with Neon Haze full heartedly. If some form of control is not implemented the world will watch its own destruction without action.

That aside, my own idea is similar and perhaps harder to potentially construct. Based on a solar shield, it is one that blocks the infrared radiation but not the light bearing wavelengths from the sun. Thus providing the light need for photosynthesis but not the heat energy that is warming the plant.

Just a thought...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
If I was in command of earths space resources I would have built and sent automated probes to the moon to find signs of valuable mineral deposits. Then there would be an entire industry set up just to mine the moon.
We could use some of the resources we found on the moon to build a solar shield that we could control the amount of sunlight that reached the earth. The earth shield would remain in a orbit similar to where SOHO is currently positioned and would be able to let in variable amounts of light.
Of course such a device would be self-powered as it would draw power directly from solar energy. It would need constant maintenance and would have to be powered as the solar wind would be a strong force against such a large object. But we could ensure that it was in a stable orbit by ensuring there are powered thrusters keeping it in place.
==================================================
nitum
tech

new topics

<< 1   >>

join