It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Radio 4 : Accidental Communications?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   
My first topic post, please do rip me to bits if necessary. Life is a learning curve, after all.

For a number of years, I have been doing the night shift driving as a taxi driver. Due to changes in the company, i don't do as many as i used to. BBC Radio 4 is the station i normally listen to as the other station plays the music i really don't get along with. On the FM Band as its crystal clear, compared to the AM broadcast.

en.wikipedia.org...[/url]

Radio 4 is the station which the UK nuclear bombers, listen to establish if London as been vaporised.

www.businessinsider.com...

At certain a times, the broadcast would be interrupted by what would sound like an old style modem/fax machine chirps and whistles. But although similar, definetly not the same.

LAST NIGHT I MANAGED TO RECORD IT ON MY PHONE.

It was first on at 03:04ish, then repeated at 04:04ish. GMT, 31 January

You need to a licence to broadcast any sort of radio station in the United Kingdom, which are tightly controlled. Hence the playing of 'pop'ular music.

So, here are links to the recording i have made. Linked from my google drive.

.....................The video, I change the station in the car, so you can see its definetly being broadcast (02:40). And the return to normal programming at (03:20). 233mb

drive.google.com...

.....................The audio, I converted to mp3 because of the huge file size. (4.81mb)

drive.google.com...

Can anybody shed any light on this? ----- (not sure of the URL links will be work properly.....)

I'm off to work again tonight, wondering if i'll get a visit from the men in suits from GCHQ, LOL.

Best regards

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Mark42

No need to rip you (whatever that means lol), it’s a well presented topic, you should be proud of your skills as a thread maker.

But my opinion is it’s simply interference, technical issues or any other mundane explanation.

No aliens, emergency broadcast, or MIB knocking down your door.

I could be wrong tho. That’s just my 10 cents.

But make sure you record any other strange noises in the radio, who knows what you’ll find out!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I can't listen to the clip as I'm on mobile and it's saying I need to download, but what you're describing sounds like a numbers station, it's a fascinating subject,

Numbers Stations Wiki

Good catch if so!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I think its transmitter RF and AF alignment on the "off" hours. BBC 4 may have a screwy transmitter that they have to keep aligned until they can get a new one installed.

Or not...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

its the triffids mate
they are here. no there
and they are tracking your cab

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

A digital signal that requires a descrambler.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Interesting, SnF.
It kind of reminds me of the wave file that my Yamaha Stereo Amplifier,
calibrated the volume of my theater speakers.
Nice catch. Drive safe.
edit on V212019Thursdaypm31America/ChicagoThu, 31 Jan 2019 16:21:13 -06001 by Violater1 because: yhmjt

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
To me, It looks like some kind of tuning, some base frequencies shifts and sweeps.
To synchronize sender and receiver to set a baseline.
With today's technology they may indeed also sending a message in those frequencies..
Hard to tell.

We need a code breaker and a radio geek.

edit on 31-1-2019 by EartOccupant because: Cosmic Interference.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Similar to the noise in a PC when your testing your speakers, calibration or something.
Good thread work all the same

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I've see some weird transmissions before but this is kinda weird; they use this station to watch London? And this "interference" may be keeping out a threat... In the end, it may be nothing more than just the simplest of explanations as tuning or old equipment, but its just weird how on the same channel those subs use, the interference runs nightly, around the same time. Good watching out. Good thread...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I heard it last night as well, have heard it 2 or 3 times in the last few years, always in the early hours.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
I heard it last night as well, have heard it 2 or 3 times in the last few years, always in the early hours.

I'm so glad others have heard this too. This rules out the idea it's an interference transmission. Still could be a setting up/checking transmission.

I think the nuclear subs listen for the 'Today' programme for three days consecutively before they open 'the envelope'. But this adds creedance this station is an important one to listen to in an official capacity.

Also, really happy this thread has gone down well. Thankyou everyone.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Lindos

Lindos test.
edit on 31-1-2019 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2019 by anonymous1legion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Apparently it's normally in Dec/Jan so would be the right time too

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Link for lindos site in previous post

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonymous1legion
Lindos

Lindos test.

Well. That clears that all up then. Job done......... Not 'secret squirrel' stuff.
(i thought of stumbled over something, not bbc checking their equipment).

Thanks to all whose taken the time on this one. I might go listen to 'Brain Salad Surgery' next day off i get. Something about then whistes and harmonies. Lol

Kind regards

top topics

join