It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better than a gun, pepper spray or taser? Police might use BolaWrap

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

To celebrate this great initiative and invention... Right now I am developing a kind of taco in the kitchen with some exotic spices and pig meat which I will call the BolaWrap...

Its captivating delicious.. (punn intended)

edit on 2/2/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Oh, them things...from Argentina, heard about Bola's in 5th grade geography class

www.flight-toys.com...

The Bola or Boleadora
Last Updated on 15 September 2011

They are most famously used by the South American gauchos. Gauchos use bolas to capture running cattle or game. Depending on the exact design, the thrower grasps the bolas either by one of the weights or in the nexus of the cords. He gives the balls momentum by swinging them and then he releases the bolas. The bola is usually used to entangle the animal's legs, but if thrown with enough force, they have been known to break bones.

keep our eyes on Patagonia for strange news

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Notice I responded in context to the claim that "lethal force" be used?

Side effects of medications are well established.

I didn't claim that lethal force not be used.

As to personal responsibility? Start holding the medical profession to account to the same standard of accountability and criminal and financial sanctions and you might see less "loose cannons" running around shooting people.

MKUltra and mind programming is another avenue we could discuss; you know....nothing like an event to bring about more draconian laws and curtailment of freedom for the other 99% of law abiding citizens.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Graysen

Notice I responded in context to the claim that "lethal force" be used?

Side effects of medications are well established.

I didn't claim that lethal force not be used.

Yeah, you did.
Or at least you responded with "wow," at the prospect. You felt the need to post something questioning the idea of lethal force being used against mentally ill people. which was the reason I responded. So yeah, you were complaining about the idea of lethal force...

As to personal responsibility? Start holding the medical profession to account to the same standard of accountability and criminal and financial sanctions and you might see less "loose cannons" running around shooting people.

So if I bring up personal accountability, you want to blame-shift to the doctors. Yeah, no. That's not what personal accountability even looks like.

MKUltra and mind programming is another avenue we could discuss; you know....nothing like an event to bring about more draconian laws and curtailment of freedom for the other 99% of law abiding citizens.

People have been killing their fellow human for thousands of years. MKULTRA started around 1948. Again, not a reason to jettison personal accountability. "The deep state made me do it"... "the meds made me do it"... "the doctor made me do it"....

None of those is an answer when a cop is making a decision about whether the public or even he or she, is in immediate danger.

Look, when you are confronted with an angry rattlesnake, it doesn't matter if the rattlesnake came from an economically disadvantaged neighborhood. It doesn't matter if the snake is off its meds, or doesn't have a healthy outlet for the aggression society directs at it. If you can't avoid it, you have to end the rattlesnake.

Fundamentally, it is a cop's job to stop the source of danger. That's a tough job, to make a life or death decisions in seconds, in the dark on the side of a roadway. And the cops aren't perfect either. Sometimes decisions are gonna get made that will turn out to be wrong. A healthy society tries to minimize that, while affirming the basic humanity of the officer. Otherwise, nobody will want to be the police, and protect us from all the dangerous individuals out there.

Police work is fundamentally screwed up in America. But we won't un-screw it by saying that the cop is the only one who is capable of making a WRONG choice.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join