It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lions, Tigers, and Caravans, Oh My!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

From a post I made in the thread about the 8 year old who died at Christmas time:

The stepsister of Felipe Gomez Alonzo told the outlet that when Agustin Gomez heard “rumors” that the pair would be allowed to cross the border, he chose to take out a loan and attempt the perilous journey to secure a better life for his son. But after the pair was detained, Gomez Alonso quickly fell ill, complaining of a stomachache and something stuck in his throat. He was taken to a hospital, but died soon after. The Associated Press reports that Gomez is still detained, and that his family is grappling with the loss of Felipe, the disappearance of their father, and the debt he left behind. “My father is suffering because of the boy. We do not know what will happen,” the stepsister said. “We have nothing to live with. We do not have money.”
emphasis mine

Father of Dead Guatemalan Boy Crossed the Border to Flee Poverty

Someone is spreading these rumors.

Back in October I authored a thread entitled, "Who's behind the Caravans?" in which a closer look is taken at who may have been the instigators of these caravans.

From what I could tell, one of the largest news channels in Honduras circulated stories about about these caravans being assisted:

What changed everything was a TV report on HCH — a Honduran news channel.

A woman reportedly part of the caravan told TV anchors of Fuentes’ efforts, and she mentioned “assistance.” The anchors then supposedly said Fuentes would pay migrants’ food and transportation costs — which he denied in an interview.
“After that news program, I started to get hundreds of calls, then it took on a life of its own,” Fuentes said.

“In Honduras, the government wants to minimize why people are leaving — they know they are going to leave and they want to say they are doing so because of lies and the opposition, not the conditions that they created,” he said.

“This is in line with what the United States is saying — that there are false promises being made. And this pro-government news program played into that messaging, trying to say that there is financing when really people just need to get out.”

Meet the man behind the migrant caravan headed to US

Also in that thread, ATS member wanderingconfusion did find a connection to a Soros group and Peublo sin Fronteras.

There may well could be multiple groups seeding South and Central America with rumors that families will be allowed to cross the border and will be assisted to do so.
edit on 1-2-2019 by jadedANDcynical because: fixed link tag

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: vethumanbeing
Mexico has better Tacos.

Don't be too quick to think that...True Mexican food is rather tasteless and it wasn't until Tex-Mex came along that made some pretty bland food really good. BTW the best tacos I have eaten were in Alaska in this small place 40 miles from Anchorage. The tacos were great, but the 4 walls were aligned with about 300 types of hot sauces made it fantastic...

That is fantastic! Hot sauces make the meal...Thai garlic chili sauce on EVERYTHING I say; can make you think mashed potatoes inside of a warmed corn tortilla can scale to huge markets. Were these Alaskan Crab Fisherman Tacos?

edit on 1-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vethumanbeing

Were these fresh Alaskan Crab Fisherman Tacos or fried Cod?

Think I like the cod and halibut ones.

<< 1   >>

join