It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What preparations are being made for a no-deal Brexit ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

What really ?

for being racist against scottish people ?

Im just joking , thats mad , Ive been inappropriate a few times and been warned but never threatened with a ban , he must have taken it too far this time!

Silly billy !

Well , we should pour one out for the dead homies !

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don't know what really happened but he seems to have had a run in with mods and the Cafe got closed too.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

awww what a shame !

he must have had a bad day, poor fella , hope is ok doon there in cornwall!

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
a reply to: uncommitted

But I did respond, see above?

Going on and on about the result of a democratic referendum because you don't like the result = whining.

Where am I going on and on about the result? I responded to a poster that said he didn't believe the leave campaign made any statements that were false/disingenuous, why is that a whine?

Not sure if you are being an arse for the sake of it or you are just stuck in your ways

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: oldcarpy

It is a fact that Project Fear went way over the top, remember Osborne telling the nation that a vote for Brexit would mean an immediate emergency Budget? How is that for being "disingenuous" and "lying"?

And still is ..... currently they are in overdrive.

So what happens if it turns out that which you label project fear is right and that is the true face of it? I mean you've written off tbe £800bn that the banks are going to strip from the UK economy as creative accounting and not a threat to anything whereas I think it's worth worrying about...

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Well, if you are just going to be rude I don't think I will bother.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

It's interesting that:

In November 2018 Ernst and Young were given the lowest score (F) in an 'index tracking secrecy in corporate lobbying' research conducted by a non-gov organization.

Big Four accountant EY, entertainment conglomerate Disney and phone maker Huawei are reported to be among the worst offenders in a newly launched index tracking secrecy in corporate lobbying.

Link to Source (The Guardian, sorry)

This independent survey suggests they are untrustworthy and 'non-transparent'.

Yet fast forward to Jan 2019 and every remainer and his dog are quoting their "£800 billion" figure... which is only 8% of our assets, is based on assumptions made from a postal survey and out of the 80 companies they state are moving assets only a small fraction have confirmed it is definite, the rest are 'probably' moving assets, of which the value has been guessed.

The numerous articles quoting this untrustworthy Ernst and Young figure also fail to explain what the assets are exactly. Are they pensions? Are they shares portfolios? Are they jobs?

Ask Ernst and Young - they don't even know!

So while £800 billion seems a lot and is a great headline, the trustworthiness of the source and the 'meat' is just not there. But the MSM will not want you to look deeper of course! So don't, just shale your head and look away.

I also suggest doing a comparison on the search term "Ernst and Young not trustworthy" - once in Google and another in Duck Duck Go.

Here is a link they have had removed from Google
edit on 6-2-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

I would just like to clarify here, that survey quoted above is for 'secrecy in lobbying'.

That is 'influencing government behaviour' and thus 'influencing behaviour of the population'.

I hope that's really clear that this £800 billion figure is designed to 'influence the behaviour of our people'
edit on 6-2-2019 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: and14263

Thats very interesting ! nice post mate

It's obvious when you look at the list of the companies who have an F rating , also are the same companies not paying their UK tax bills or signing up the new green industry treaties for green manufacturing etc.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro
So what happens if it turns out that which you label project fear is right and that is the true face of it? I mean you've written off tbe £800bn that the banks are going to strip from the UK economy as creative accounting and not a threat to anything whereas I think it's worth worrying about...

Well you just keep on worrying ...... but worrying never solved anything, action

does.

I'm an optimist and my glass is always half full.
I like to think that problems

are only solutions in disguise.

I'll not go into the economics as and14263 has already given you a reply on that.

Have you ever stopped to consider why our politicians are so keen to remain?

basically they have sat on their ample backsides taking the perks and doing the EU

bidding for 40 years, why would they want to change anything.

Follow the money..... take Hesletine hes mad he's going to loose a fair wack? and

there are others google them if you are interested ....I have more to do with my

time. When we are finally out those MP's are going to have to actually earn

their money '
'

Then theres leaver James Dyson,he gets money from the EU but that doesn't

appear to motivate him to remain in the EU He has business's to run and expand

and employing people.

He recognises the limits of being in the EU. But then....he's a go getter not an MP.

As I said at the top of the post I'm an optimist....and the UK is open to

opportunities!!!!

There are many pessimists on these Brexit threads '
'

Defination of Pessimism the tendency to see, anticipate, or emphasize only

bad or undesirable outcomes, results.

Does ^^that^^ remind you of anyone? most of them appear to come from north of the border!!

edit on 6-2-2019 by eletheia because:
edit on 6-2-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-2-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There is also being a realist , and by that I mean we will deal with it the same way we always have when the powerful and elite of society do things at our expense !

its not pessimism its knowing full well that we are being #ed over a barrell yet again!

edit on 6-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Indeed . Hopefully Cornish will resurface in another form . It's the account that gets banned not the operators . Maybe seeing to that early was one of the brexit preparations

Look Im going ask a favour from (all of) you as in what did this other banned post(er) below yours have to say ?
we took another compromise on our residence the same day and want to know if it might be linked .
It very well might not be of course . We'll try to not allow any personal doxxing to become just redacted info though

imo let's this time take a leaf from the book of Cornish and deal in the open , or one of you who knows via pm/mods/hq/snapfish/bellingcat/twitter is fine, thanks in advance .

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Hi DOc

I think Cornish may have been banned in a different thread !

I am not sure what was said by another user below me !

Im sure cornish will be back in another form , unless they revoke his ban
we could appeal his ban if we knew more details .

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

TBH, for all I liked Cornish, I think he had lost the plot and was out-of-order. Deliberately going out of his way to antagonise ain't the way to influence discussion.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Yeh I think he may have gotten a little carried away with it all !
but I wouldnt have banned him maybe just warned, him we have all said things to break t's and C's before
I've had a few warnings since 2009
He must have really pushed the wrong buttons though , admins are normally quite lenient if you acknowledge your wrong doing and learn your lessons!

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Hi many thanks for the reply . Cornish was bit full on but perhaps we can expect to see him resurface at some point . As for the unknown user they got to about 12 off topic posts and then banned . If anyone else saw their post(s) before removal then pls do tell if you remember the content

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: paraphi

Yeh I think he may have gotten a little carried away with it all !
but I wouldnt have banned him maybe just warned, him we have all said things to break t's and C's before
I've had a few warnings since 2009
He must have really pushed the wrong buttons though , admins are normally quite lenient if you acknowledge your wrong doing and learn your lessons!

membership is instantly revoked if a physical threat is furnished to a moderator.

2nd line
f.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join