It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator John Kennedy Introduces Bill for AUF To protect Kurds in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have been saying for two years now that a new state will be born out of pieces in Syria and Iraq, not because it is a plan that has been in writing since 1982, but because I have been watching the actual plan unfold and have taken observation of the subtle moves that are making this happen.

John Kennedy delivers a fiery speech seeking to aid and protect the Kurds. He seeks to add an amendment to Senate Resolution 1 (Strengthening America's Security in the Middle East Act of 2019) introduced earlier this year . I agree with Senator Kennedy and believe we should certainly stick with our staunchest allies on the ground. He evens mentions how they lack a state of their own, which congressman Trent Franks has already submitted resolutions to recognize their independence.

Sorry guys, no media spin, no anonymous sources or pundits citing rumors or unverified claims to bicker over for pages and pages. Just facts, actual links to actual amendments and bills, and testimony from the horses mouth in the nation's capital. I leave the fairy tales to the torch bearers of fake news. I will only ever deliver the raw data and the facts. Senator Kennedy does not represent my state, but I will make sure he hears my own testimony in addition to my own senators Rick Scott and Marco Rubio on my agreement that the USA must stand behind Rojava and the Kurds as our unwavering partners the same way we stand behind Israel or the UK or Australia or Canada. Sometimes France lol, j/k. We love you guys too!

SA 88.(bottom of the page) Mr. KENNEDY submitted an amendment intended to be proposed to
amendment SA 65 proposed by Mr. McConnell (for himself, Mr. Graham, Mr.
Blunt, Mr. Burr, Mr. Romney, Ms. Ernst, Mr. Inhofe, Mr. Rubio, Mr.
Sasse, Mrs. Fischer, Mr. Grassley, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Shelby, Mr. Tillis,
Mr. Cornyn, Mr. Sullivan, Mr. Wicker, Mr. Lankford, Mr. Young, and Mr.
Boozman) to the bill S. 1, to make improvements to certain defense and
security assistance provisions and to authorize the appropriation of
funds to Israel, to reauthorize the United States-Jordan Defense
Cooperation Act of 2015, and to halt the wholesale slaughter of the
Syrian people, and for other purposes; which was ordered to lie on the
table; as follows:

At the end, add the following:

SEC. ___. AUTHORIZATION.

The President is hereby authorized to undertake military
assistance and use of armed forces
, if the President
determines it necessary and appropriate, to defend the Kurds
in Syria against armed aggression from any country or
terrorist organization

Alright Kurdish Rojava, welcome to the 21st century as a new state. It is so close now I can taste it in my mouth. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

I'd like to see this happen through means of nations in the area coming together agreeing on this.

I think it would be in the best interest of almost everyone involved for this to happen.

That said I'm skeptical of positive results should the west decide to draw lines in the sand and "say it is so".

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
On the one hand theyve had it coming, and itd be about the only noble thing we've EVER done over there. But on the other is this gets plyaed off as the hindsight justification for starting the wars in both Iraq AND Syria, then it gets turned into a second imperial beachhead (Israel 2.0), used to perpetuate / rationalize destabilization efforts around the area, then Bush gets a historical pass for killing Iraq and then Obama the same for starting the war in Syria, then this actually adds another some added tragic flair to the Kurdish story. Because NONE of whats been done there had them in mind when it was done.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I'm not sure I understand this. Isn't Syria a sovereign country with a government of it's own? If so, how can the US decide to create a state within it's borders. Surely the right thing to do would be to approach the Syrian government and ask for permission to create a safe area for the Kurds.

edit on 31-1-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be nice if congressmen cared about Americans as much as they care about people in other countries?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

My concern comes from the last part in OP which I'll include again below.

The President is hereby authorized to undertake military assistance and use of armed forces, if the President determines it necessary and appropriate, to defend the Kurds in Syria against armed aggression from any country or terrorist organization.

One of the problems we've always had in the Middle East aside from sticking our nose in to begin with, is that we play too many sides creating larger conflicts/wars than hypothetically would have organically been without our involvement.

So in this case it says we would defend the Kurds against ANY country or terrorist organization, so I think it's safe to say aggressor.

That's either a lie or a problem. One of the biggest aggressors to the Kurds is Turkey who happens to be a NATO member. We would have to get them on board for a nation state for the Kurds, or we would just set up future conflicts/wars IMO.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
I forget which General it was, but earlier this year he stated that we will not be removing our observation posts along the border with Turkey, much to their protest. As long as our forces are there, even a handful in a few scattered observation posts, Erdogan and Turkey will remain at bay.

Assad is going to want to punish the Kurds for even siding with us, regardless of all the sweet talk he makes about treating them nice. He may be nicer then Erdogan, but he will still punish them if he takes back control of the area. Kurds were instrumental in guaranteeing not only USA and European safety by helping to defeat ISIS in Iraq and Syria, but really the whole world owes them thanks for their bravery.

So, in a manner of speaking, congress looking out for these guys is also looking out for the citizens of the USA and the world at large.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Once upon a time there was this place called Kurdistan. At some point they managed to lose all their sovereignty.

So then in 2010 there happened to be some nearby drama, the CIA c0ooked up their Arab Spring Operation, foment protests / riots across the Middle East, then send Al Qaeda terrorists in during all the ruckus to take out the leaders in Libya and then in Syria, real quick like. Well Libya was first and they came they saw he died HAHAHA, but then Syria didnt go according to plan. He survived. So now a full blown war where they brought in Al Qaeda / ISIS (same thing really) to kill him. But that drug out too long to cover it. So then they had to cook up a boogeyman (ISIS) to serve as The Entire Drama over there, to to cover for the "moderate rebels" (Al Qaeda), so they "declared war" on each other (themselves to some degree). So then Russia got involved to help their old ally in the total anarchy. Then that was too good because now Obama and Hillary got to blame literally the entire war on Russia, and people were stupid enough to buy it. Then the Operation Russian Scapegoat paid double when they twisted that lie towards Trump for wanting out of Syria, supposedly as proof he was in cahoots with Russia.

And now here we are, where none of their brilliant plans went according to plan, each stage drug out longer and longer and further devastated millions of lives, but wait there was one last card they could play to save face and still get their puppet state: Kurdistan.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Kurds were instrumental in guaranteeing not only USA and European safety by helping to defeat ISIS in Iraq and Syria, but really the whole world owes them thanks for their bravery.

Agreed, we owe it to them to do things the right way to help their situation.

If we do things the American standard operating procedures way, I fear the Kurds will be just as bad off as they are now.

It's time we reshape and reform how we approach foreign policy, because frankly going off of the last handful of decades.... It's s###.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You pretty much summed it up!

There was the proposed pipeline too, which would have enabled Iran to supply Europe by passing through Iraq and Syria into Turkey. This would never be allowed by the US, competition is the enemy.

edit on 31-1-2019 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

think that's exactly how it happened post ww1 and ww2 en.wikipedia.org...

In 1919, a short-lived dependent Kingdom of Syria was established under Emir Faisal I of the Hashemite dynasty, who later became the king of Iraq. In March 1920, the Syrian National Congress proclaimed Faisal as king of Syria "in its natural boundaries" from the Taurus mountains in Turkey to the Sinai desert in Egypt. However, his rule in Syria ended after only a few months following a clash between his Syrian Arab forces and French forces at the Battle of Maysalun. French troops took control of Syria and forced Faisal to flee. Later that year the San Remo conference split up Faisal's kingdom by placing Syria-Lebanon under a French mandate, and Palestine under British control. Syria was divided into three autonomous regions by the French, with separate areas for the Alawis on the coast and the Druze in the south.[33] Nationalist agitation against French rule led to Sultan al-Atrash leading a revolt that broke out in the Druze Mountain in 1925 and spread across the whole of Syria and parts of Lebanon. The revolt saw fierce battles between rebel and French forces in Damascus, Homs and Hama before it was suppressed in 1927. The inauguration of President Hashim al-Atassi in 1936 The French sentenced Sultan al-Atrash to death, but he had escaped with the rebels to Transjordan and was eventually pardoned. He returned to Syria in 1937 and was met with a huge public reception. Elections were held in 1928 for a constituent assembly, which drafted a constitution for Syria. However, the French High Commissioner rejected the proposals, sparking nationalist protests.
also with jordan(formerly transjordan) etc and the arbitrary lines of north and south korea and vietnam .when the ottoman empire got broken up a good deal of lines got randomly tossed on a map

the kurds have fought for us for decades and every time we abandon them i hope its different this time as every time we ask they come running like a beat dog hoping this time master aint gonna get drunk and go back to beating them or abandoning them again

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I am a american citizen, is it bad that I am hoping Iran, Russia and Syria kick our rear ends in this theater we shouldn't even be in? We are now suddenly concerned with a small pocket of kurds? And people are buying this #?

Since it doesn't appear we citizens will be able to ever reign in our MIC and stop killing people the world over, another country/resource will need to help us out. Maybe we could start a go fund me page to compensate the entity that brings honor back to these shores.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

I am a american citizen, is it bad that I am hoping Iran, Russia and Syria kick our rear ends in this theater we shouldn't even be in? We are now suddenly concerned with a small pocket of kurds? And people are buying this #?

We shouldn't be there is what I think you probably meant but I wouldn't wish defeat, just withdrawal, because.. leaders like Assad (and Hussein, Iran, especially ISIS had they ever remained a state) will do bad things with these weapons. The Russians, ourselves, and other nations have things like chemical weapons, nukes, etc but we don't actually use them for the most part unless we absolutely need to. They will use them in regional conflicts and have in recent history. Power hungry, politically oppressed regimes like Iran have been told no and babysat for so long. Imagine if an opportunity in the future presented itself to use them and not get global condemnation that cripples their economy or has them removed from power. If the opposition, being mostly the U.S. with NATO tokens ceased to care, be an opposing force, or exist, what do you think they'd do?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

and what about our supposed allies in the area? isreal, saudi arabia, turkey ? What about our support or at the least, turning a blind eye to the genocide taking place in yemen? atrocities committed by our supposed allies? is there a good kind of evil out there versus a bad type of evil?

Wouldn't you like to see us retreat to our boarders and defend our homeland instead of globetrotting around killing people? What kind of karma does that bring us citizens? What? You personally didn't kill anyone? Do you pay taxes? Where and how do you think our MIC is funded? Is that blood on YOUR hands by direct support for this war machine?

The usa meddling in the ICC when they were trying to investigate war crimes that our soldiers were accused of in afghanistan. What do we have to hide? What do we have to fear?

How many of these weapons of mass destruction have been used that weren't false flags to get us into these conflicts to begin with? I wonder how many more people these rouge sovereign governments have killed with these GREAT weapons compared to how many people we have slaughtered in these same lands? I bet we are winning the game of body counts by orders of magnitude over these so called dictators who could blow up the earth.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Lol @ globetrotting around killing people. Our allies like the Kurds and the vulnerable citizen fodder need us to make sure the bad evil guys like Assad or the good evil guys like Erdogan don't kill them.
edit on 1/31/2019 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well, if that is how you truly feel you could always seek asylum in one of our rival nation's. The sad part about that though, is you will find through experience that they are all the same, and their citizens bitch about their transgressions as well. Best to just stick with the alpha dog and reap the rewards of personal liberty.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

A go fund me to help the American people overcome the present regime that is unaccountable and out of control.

Sounds like a plan. Get some foreign diplomats out on the streets with megaphones, it's the American way.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Start with your own regime mate. Your still being ruled by monarchs ffs.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Start with your own regime mate. Your still being ruled by monarchs ffs.

I hate our own corrupt system as much as I do yours.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You know what? As I sit here and watch illegal aliens invade our country, I don't want to be like them. I don't want to just tuck tail and run away. I would rather change the sandbox that I am currently living in. I would like to reform my environment to one of peace and harmony instead of becoming an expat. Maybe it is time to stand and fight for honor.

I don't think running away from this will make any difference. It will follow the world round shortly.

new topics

top topics

join