It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Extreme abortion activist defends killing babies after born

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: narrator

I also support the government telling people they can’t murder others

And the government saying taking drugs while knowingly pregnant is a crime

I know I am horrible

We should allow women to kill the babies in any way they chose even nine months in to a pregnancy or we are horrible statists

Wel then call me a statist

Since you're ignoring my question:

What if half the brain is missing and the heart is outside the body, meaning it is nonviable. What should happen then?

End of life care, allow the parents to decide how the child would go out with as much comfort as possible.

What does that have anything to do with this bill which allows terminbationion even during pregnancy if the womans mental health will be affected at all?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: narrator

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Grambler

It's looking like the outrage got put before the horse on this one.

If we make this subject so taboo that everyone gets called a serial killer for bringing it up, how are we supposed to have good sensible legislation around the issue?

Also, the video still frames showed in OP are great.

Still frame one looks like Tucker just got whiff of a fart.

Still frame two looks like he is A, a robot that got put into low power mode, or B, his classic "I'm in listening mode now" face.

This, completely. There needs to be discussion about it, and what should happen in various (horrible) circumstances, rather than just automatically label someone a murderer any time they even give the appearance of being pro-choice.

I havent done that.

If someone wants to say that even during labor, the government should have no laws that says a woman cant terminate the pregnancy, i find that to be extreme.

The woman n the video is also extreme.

You can all say your piece, I am t censoring you or refusing discussion witrh you.

But it is an extreme point of view that I find repugnant.
edit on 31-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

My money is that a women won't just get to decide to abort a baby while dilating for no reason whatsoever.

Honestly when this story came out, it sounded to sensational to be true, and as people come in with facts other than cherry picked statements, it's looking to be not what was "reported" to us.

If I'm wrong I'll eat crow.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   
So wait... If someone came up to her and killed her how would that be different than killing a live baby after birth, or even one that could live outside the mother's body?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

My money is that a women won't just get to decide to abort a baby while dilating for no reason whatsoever.

I respond to this in two posts if you dont mind.

First on this point, I disagree.

The literature suggests many many late term abortions are done not for mediacl reasons.

Only 9.4 percent of late abortions at clinics that responded to the U.S. News survey were done for medical reasons, either to protect the mother’s health(a rare situation) or, more commonly, because of fetal defects such as spina bifida and Down’s syndrome (box, Page 32)…for post-20-week abortions generally, about 90 percent were classified by the clinics as “nonmedical. (2)

www.liveaction.org...

Even if it is just one woman that during labor would want to abort for a frivilous reason, why should the law allow that?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Grambler.

Would the new law allow a woman for whatever reason to tell the doctor "I'm over it, end it"?

Yes or no.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Honestly when this story came out, it sounded to sensational to be true, and as people come in with facts other than cherry picked statements, it's looking to be not what was "reported" to us.

If I'm wrong I'll eat crow.

What story, the bill iteslef or the governors comments.

First, the woman sponsoring this bill said directly that even during dialtion, a woman could chose to abort if it would affect her mental health (which every woman could claim)

I assume you believe this is true, and that alone is shockingly horrific.

Second, the governors comments.

I assume this is what you mean is possibly not true.

First, you can listen to the audio yourself which antedilluvian has linked.

My interpretation is that he was refencing the sponsors bill, and thats what he meant when he siad "in this particular situation"

Nonetheless, its clear to see his statement was at least possibly shocking, and worth people questioning.

In teh video for the OP, I specifically said had this woman on the tucker interview said he misspoke, or it was out of context, and of course she was against babies that were born being allowed to be terminated, that would have sufficed in my opinion to not raise my eyebrows and do a video on.

But she didnt do that. She acknowledges that she thought about the statement, and thinks anyone who questioned it wants all abortion made illegal.

This is beyond extreme.

Now third, lets give the Virginaian governor the most benefit of the doubt, and look only at his explanation of the original statement, which has been posted here.

Northam’s communications director issued a statement clarifying his remarks.

The statement said “No woman seeks a third trimester abortion except in the case of tragic or difficult circumstances, such as a nonviable pregnancy or in the event of severe fetal abnormalities, and the governor’s comments were limited to the actions physicians would take in the event that a woman in those circumstances went into labor.”

First, as my above post shows, this is not true, women do seek late term abortions for other reasons. SO why defend a law that would allow it based on a belief that is correct. That would be like saying no need to outlaw murder, because people are good and wont murder. How about we make the law say these late term abortions are ONLY allowed in these severe medical cases, and remove all doubt?

Secondly, this is non resposnive to the question that northam was asked about the specific comment made by the sponsor of a specific bill, so no wonder people didnt take this interpretation from it.

Third, even if he was right that women only seek abortions for "nonviable pregnancy or in the event of severe fetal abnormalities" (he is not) what does severe abnormality mean? Down syndrome? Born without arms or legs? Should these babies be allowed to be killed after born?

So even this statement from the governor could be troubling and needs clarification.

When you support legislation that allows for abortions even when dilating, you should be quite clear in then commenting on what the circumstances are that alloow a mother to have her baby killed after birth.

If not, it seems reasonable, given the extreme stance in supporting allowing abortion up until birth, for people to question that statement.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Grambler.

Would the new law allow a woman for whatever reason to tell the doctor "I'm over it, end it"?

Yes or no.

Yes.

She would be allowed to say something to the affect of "this pregnancy is causing me mental anguish"

That would be all the law would require to end pregnancy, even during dilation.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   

First, the woman sponsoring this bill said directly that even during dialtion, a woman could chose to abort if it would affect her mental health (which every woman could claim)

It seems nothing would be sure to haunt a chick like forever than to put their baby to death just when it was ready to come out.

I was with this one chick a while back, she had an abortion at some point years before and she was still traumatized over it. And she was otherwise a toughish goth headbanger type.

Then again she wasnt brainwashed into this bizarre Group Psychopathy that in some cases these people act like its a thrill game to promote this extreme stuff / actually doing it.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This is disgusting. If you wait nine months to the birth of your child, and then decide motherhood isn't for you, maybe adoption is your best bet - I mean COME ON. I'm all for pro-choice, but this is taking it quite a bit too far. After a child has been brought into this world it is nothing less than murder.
Period.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Trump warned you before the election....

Off course, he would know that, and many others things, only he and select few would have known, right?

Must've been the Russians!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   
And they wonder why fed up Americans occasionally throw gasoline filled bottles in these places from time to time.

Good riddance child murdering trash.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
I have said it before: Extremism on all sides is bad. Some of these bills are not as extreme as made out to be, but this one.. I'm for the most part pro-choice, but what in the world is this !?

I'm really still trying to figure out if this is all an unreasonable reaction to something that's actually reasonable and misinterpreted...or a reasonable reaction to something utterly unreasonable and interpreted properly. After two or three threads about this i'm still not sure.
edit on 31/1/2019 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
And they wonder why fed up Americans occasionally throw gasoline filled bottles in these places from time to time.

Although this advocacy of allowing any mother to abort even during labor is unbelievably disgusting, so is firebombing abortion clinics, many of which would not enact these late term abortions anyways.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Grambler.

Yes or no.

Yes.

She would be allowed to say something to the affect of "this pregnancy is causing me mental anguish"

That would be all the law would require to end pregnancy, even during dilation.

The physician (who would have to do the abortion to a viable baby) would have to clear it. I don't think they would just because a woman said "my mental health is in danger".

Right now republicans have a majority, so this bill is super unlikely to pass, especially how it was discussed.

I think you may have jumped to a conclusion by saying a woman could just say "I'm worried about my mental health, end it". But again, if I'm wrong, I'll eat crow.

Northam said he did take issue with the loosening of more than one physicians needing to sign off on this.

In an interview with Washington-based WTOP radio Wednesday, Governor Ralph Northam defended Tran and said reaction to her bill has been "blown out of proportion.” He did take issue with the portion of Tran's legislation that would eliminate the requirement in current law, mandating that more than one physician sign off on a third-trimester abortion.
link

There were also supposed to be physician witnesses that were to attend, but didn't show.

Tran can be heard expressing her displeasure with the fact that physician witnesses were not able to attend the committee meeting before Gilbert is heard pressing Tran to answer his question.

I don't think that it will ever be legal for a woman to just decide to abort upon delivery without extreme circumstances that threatens their own life.

I think this has likely been a perfect storm of people speaking poorly, and a lot of jumping to conclusions.

We'll find out soon enough though, because everyone is going to have to clarify what all of this meant, their jobs likely depend on that.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Excellent post.

Mature, well thought out, and adds a plethora amount of facts and nuance to this already complicated subject.

I'm so glad we are really digging deep on a topic that American's have to discuss so we can have good sensible legislation.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

One is left questioning why it's so horrible to destroy an abortion clinic when the men who burned Auschwitz, those like Harriett Tubman and Robert Smalls who fought agressively against slave owner plantations, and Nelson Mandela's fight against Apartheid governments, complete with terrorist actions are called "heroes."

That's my view on it, anyway.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Imagine where they will be ten years from now.

They'll be cyborgs by then.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Imagine where they will be ten years from now.

They'll be cyborgs by then.

Will the Cyborgs have genders?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

One is left questioning why it's so horrible to destroy an abortion clinic when the men who burned Auschwitz, those like Harriett Tubman and Robert Smalls who fought agressively against slave owner plantations, and Nelson Mandela's fight against Apartheid governments, complete with terrorist actions are called "heroes."

That's my view on it, anyway.

Now we have ATS members openly saying to throw molotov cocktails at abortion clinics, and an ATS moderator saying they should be considered a "hero" for doing so.

ATS may have officially jumped the shark.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join