It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat Governor Wants In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Democrats, is this the kind of invasion you want in your everyday lives? What's next? When does it stop?

Oregon Could Become the First State to Require In-Home Surveillance of Newborn Babies

Oregon Governor Kate Brown is pushing for her State to require universal home visits for newborn children in the care of their own parents.

Senate Bill 526, introduced this month in the Oregon Legislative Assembly as part of Brown's budget, orders the Oregon Health Authority to "study home visiting by licensed health care providers." Lawmakers went so far as to declare that SB 526 is an "emergency" measure — one that requires a resolution by the end of the year. The intro to the bill, the language of which has not yet been crafted, reads:

The Oregon Health Authority shall study home visiting by licensed health care providers in this state. The authority shall submit findings and recommendations for legislation to an interim committee of the Legislative Assembly related to health care not later than December 31, 2019.

Apparently the parents in the State of Oregon isn't doing a good enough job on their own. They now need government intervention. Now, she isn't the only whacko that's on board with this. There are others that are standing by her:

Moreover, the 18 sponsors of the bill claim that its passage is "necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health and safety," and therefore "an emergency is declared to exist."

Apparently if you feel that you need something, everyone in your state MUST have it as well.

Patrick Allen, director of the Oregon Health Authority, told the Beaverton Valley Times that he's enthusiastic about the idea of universal inspections for newborns. "This isn't something for people in trouble. This is stuff all kids need. Stuff my kids needed," Allen said.

I'm starting to get the impression that Nazi Germany is more of a left thing than a right thing that most liberal voices would have us believe.

Democrats should be furious over this. I think?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

You don't seem to realize the gravity of the situation.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Most 1st world countries already do this. It could weed out a lot of unfit parents, IMO. I don't see it as the end of the world.

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I would really think this is more of invasion of privacy, guess that doesn't mean much to people now a days.

+10 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Most 1st world countries already do this. It could weed out a lot of unfit parents, IMO. I don't see it as the end of the world.

I could've sworn we had something in this country called due process. Doesn't that apply to everyone? So now all parents are unfit off the cuff.

That's like saying we all should be jailed because there are a few criminals out there. Better to keep the country safe, ay?

You seriously believe this stuff? This isn't "other countries". Other countries irradiate their opposition. Other countries sell children for sex slaves. Other countries eat albinos because they're magic. Other countries cut the heads off of anyone who speaks out in opposition. Other countries starve their citizens of food, liberty, rights, freedom of speech.

This is the US. THIS isn't another country.

Should we start beheading gays in this country? I mean, "other countries" do it. right?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Hell NO.

But in a society where everyone thinks its ok to have their appliances spy on them, and the government looking over everything they post online, is anyone really surprised that some people would be ok with this?

So ridiculous.
What if you don't keep you house clean enough? What if you feed your baby something they don't approve of?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Agree with ya here, think I'll move to the wilderness and have cave babies.. /sarc... People say interesting times we live in, I say scary as hell times we live in.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Most 1st world countries already do this.

If that is so I hope we fall off the list of "1st world countries".
As far as I know the government needs a warrant to enter my home. That should not change.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
No your just referring mostly to the royal monarchies of Europe, many of which are also concurrently suffering funding and budget issues as well.

Time to cancel those programs and redirect the funding towards border management. This topic was Also posted last week FYI.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yeah, I am suuuuuuure this is all about the safety of children. anyone who believes that is an absolute moron.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I get it. If the parents didn't make the first correct choice, which is to terminate the baby before it exits the mother (the new hot law to pass in the country this week), then the government must make every excuse to make sure those parents are as miserable as possible now that they've made the choice to be parents.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

As far as I know the government needs a warrant to enter my home. That should not change.

Don't worry. They're working on it. California is already on track to fall to third world status before the mid-2020s I hear.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hear is a word that doesn't travel very far, do you have the scoop? lol sorry have to be vague these days..

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I read, and the people all up in arms over this, are full of hot air. There is nothing wrong with what the actual bill purposes. Its the way the article adds to it, that makes it seem sinister.
edit on 31-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: fix

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Don't worry. They're working on it. California is already on track to fall to third world status before the mid-2020s I hear.

If they don't get the feces and disease problem taken care of they actually will.
nasty people out there

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

eh i could pee in the sea and take a gigantic dump waist deep and we would be ok... lol crab would be infused with crab..

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2
Yes there is absolutely something wrong with forcing by threat of violence a third and unwelcome party to intrude into your home to check in on you children because they were just born. I am fairly certain humanity did not get this far in the last 10,000 years thanks to strangers making sure our babies are safe.

If the government is mandating anything, that is by threat of violence. When you do not comply with government what happens? They send the violent people with badges to rough you up, kidnap your children (for abuse within the system) and throw you into a cage. So yes, anything that is mandated by government is always and permanently through the threat of violent consequences for non-compliance.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

I read, and the people all up in arms over this, are full of hot air. There is nothing wrong with what the actual bill purposes. Its the way the article adds to it, that makes it seem sinister.

from the op:

Government agents monitoring the homes of law-abiding parents who have not been accused of a crime without a warrant is an unconscionable violation not only of parental rights and individual liberty but also a trampling of the Fourth Amendment and the Due Process Clause of the Constitution.

full of hot air eh?

nobody is getting in my home without a warrant

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

why do you say 10,000 years? it's even science fact humanoid was 200k years at the least, have respect for your elders lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

you regularly crap on sidewalks where you reside?
cali residents do:
www.theguardian.com...

<<   2  3  4 >>

join