It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America, is it the greatest country in the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Now i am Scottish and what i see in America just now, judging by what is said on places like ATS, is that it is a country severed of its unity.
whether it is left, right, red or blue, you may be the most divided country in the world.
its clear to me why TPTB want you divided, because if you were United you could be the Greatest again and lead this world into better days
i truly want the best for yous..........
watch this short video i found on YT and post your thoughts

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
It’s only like this online. I work with a mix of Trump, Hillary, and Bernie supporters. We all joke, laugh and get the job done everyday. The only differences are Trump and Hillary supporters keep quiet about it, but the Bernie supporters are pretty open about their support.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I agree.

I'm from England and despite all the crap I read about the country it really appeals to me in so many ways.

Cultures, food, freedoms, landscapes, size, people.

Long live America.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
Now i am Scottish and what i see in America just now, judging by what is said on places like ATS, is that it is a country severed of its unity.
whether it is left, right, red or blue, you may be the most divided country in the world.
its clear to me why TPTB want you divided, because if you were United you could be the Greatest again and lead this world into better days

Can't agree.
A nation built on slavery, perpetuating it through guerilla style tactics, ignorant population, arrogance beyond belief, closed-minded bigotry from every corner of their nation, blatant lies taught as history, constant meddling in other nations' affairs, support of Israel (an illegal nation), blatant propaganda constantly pumped out of Hollywood, highest incarceration rate in the world, instigator/transporter/dealer of opiate based pharmeceuticals, home to Monsanto, ... The list is endless.
One of the worst nations on earth. F**K AMERICA
edit on 31-1-2019 by Saibotkram1988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

The guy in that video can kiss my butt.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
No lol. Usa never been a greatest country in the world. Infact its not a country at all. Its a business. Started by fleeing east India companies.. to this day it run like a business...

Ps.. its like islamists calling their religion, the greatest religion in the world. Both nutters crack me up.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Pandaram

Maybe we should do away with religions and countrys and just have open borders
or in the words of John Lennon

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace
You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
You, you may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you will join us
And the world will live as one

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
He makes some excellent points...and if it offends...its because its true. I have traveled to many countries and each person thinks their country is the greatest....as well they should.

Well, except Botswana....not so much there.

Inside the US though...each state has a rival. For example we from Ohio despise m#@-+ghan. They suck, they are stupid and i am feeling nauseous just thinking about them.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   

That's all well and good until someone comes and takes your sh*t.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   

America ( 0r The U.S. ) has only been a country for about 10 minutes.

On their past history, other countries could be called " The Greatest "

After all, Britain has " Great " in it's title.

edit on 31-1-2019 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Thats called 'irony', kind of like sports nicknames when you call the fat guy 'tiny'.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

aye thats true a suppose, especially if its your woman.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988

originally posted by: ManyMasks

Can't agree.
A nation built on slavery, perpetuating it through guerilla style tactics, ignorant population, arrogance beyond belief, closed-minded bigotry from every corner of their nation, blatant lies taught as history, constant meddling in other nations' affairs, support of Israel (an illegal nation), blatant propaganda constantly pumped out of Hollywood, highest incarceration rate in the world, instigator/transporter/dealer of opiate based pharmeceuticals, home to Monsanto, ... The list is endless.
One of the worst nations on earth. F**K AMERICA

I'll bite, what country are you living in?

America's not perfect but I'm willing to compare it to any other nation in the overall good it has brought. Most other nations wouldn't be where they are if not for America.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Most other nations wouldn't be where they are if not for America.

And America wouldn't be there if not for Britain.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil
Definitely agree. Syria would be a great place. So would Libya. In fact the continent of Africa would probably be a super power if it were not for the meddling of your fat cats and the destruction the petro-dollar has caused.
I live in South Africa. It is far from perfect. But we don't bully other nations into gifting us minerals. And don't mention Apartheid, we A) have had a black president before you did, B) Had the same segregation laws you had which you derived from slavery (we didn't), C) Didn't form our country on the back of a mass genocide and D) Have (on paper at least) the most just and humane constitution in the world.
Overall good America has brought??? Your country is responsible for the deaths of more than 20 million people since WW2.
You're an arrogant nation hellbent on meddling in others' affairs all while bleating on about 'freedom' (which you never offer to any nation you invade and producing a sh*t ton of media which corrupts and destroys the younger generations ALL OVER THE WORLD.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
And Britain wouldn't be there if not for the Roman Empire.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Saibotkram1988

If we are playing that game you's would all be still in the dark ages if it wasnt for Scotland.en.m.wikipedia.org...

But let's get it right we have all played our part in the good and the bad that has shaped the earth
edit on 31-1-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saibotkram1988
And Britain wouldn't be there if not for the Roman Empire.

History tells me Britain was there before The Romans arrived.

What history books do you read?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Of course we Americans would say yes. But, I think the court of public international opinion might disagree.

Slightly off thread, but still relevant...I remember this:

America is great for it freedoms...and America's downfall may be those very freedoms...as we allow everyone, naturalized, born here, immigrating here to practice what they preach, want and believe.

We are still the best in individual freedoms and opportunities... and I believe we cant be nor should be the "world-police".

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

There is no greatest country in the world, end of story.

I love my country, but it has it's flaws, just like the divided states of America. The opening lines from a song from my favorite band says "In America today, every twenty five f'in seconds someone is viciously raped, someone is brutally violated. Two hundred and fifty times a day someone is murdered, someone's life is taken in America."

"This is America, this is America and I love America, I LOVE AMERICA!!!"

But hey it's still a better holiday than south Sudan.
edit on 31-1-2019 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join