It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you hear it when you pop a zit? (HEAR IT THRU YOUR SKIN?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Ive never noted any any hearing difficulties.

And human do gather auditory sensory data from their 'skin' (more likely the nerve endings that are attached to the tiny hairs that we're all in fact covered with, and thats where zits form).

Its just lately I got to wondering if my Low Latent Inhibition had the volume turned up for me where perhaps most people dont always get much of the effect.

NO responses would help too in figuring this out. Equally important, they are.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Hearing things is just an interpretation of data by the brain which intigrates it into the other sections of the consciousness and subconsciousness. You can actually get data from other parts of our body, even our bones, and that can be heard even if there is no sound. So, yes, the sensation of popping probably can be real, heard without actually hearing it.

When we hear thunder, how do we know that all the sensation is actually coming from our ears. I think it comes from various sources. But when you hear the fireworks from afar, the interaction on our body that produces this actually comes with the sound you hear when it hits you.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Are you able to hear yours? I'm trying to establish the range of normal for this to figure out if my LLI is involved.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I think I can hear them but doubt if I really am hearing them pop. I think there is a lot more with the senses than science has addressed. We do have the ability to see by echolocation if we train our minds to do this. Now echolocation will not give us a clear picture unless we are able to convert it. The feeling we are feeling could just trigger the mind to hear the pop like we heard it, we think we heard it but the sensation comes from other neurons.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You don't always have hearing difficulties with it. There are four different ways it can affect you and you can have a mix of some, all, or only one of them is my understanding. Our kid has two problems with his.

He doesn't have the filtering, and his ears operate out of synch so that one ear gets auditory info to his brain faster than the other by a split second, and the brain has trouble reconciling that information so that he will miss what was said. Kind of like someone says, "Take a seat in the chair," and he might instead hear, "Eat your hair." The louder the room is overall, the harder his brain has to work to reconcile and the more he will miss.

He wears a specialized earpiece in his left ear that slows down the info to that ear just a bit. It helps with the synching issue, but it won't help him with his 24/7 cocktail party life.

Again, he may grow out of it or not depending on where the problems are from. It's a waiting game at the moment.

And not saying you have it, just that your issue sounds similar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join