It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Largest Fentanyl Drug Bust In History Made As Truck Tried Crossing The Southern Border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Mike Brest | Reporter

U.S. Customs and Border Patrol seized enough fentanyl to kill over 50 million people from a truck that was trying to cross the southern border into the United States, according to an investigation by “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

“Well, the U.S. border patrol has made the biggest fentanyl bust in history. An enormous amount, enough fentanyl to kill—they estimate—57 million people. That’s more than the combined population of the states of Illinois, New York and Pennsylvania. It’s a lot,” Carlson stated. (RELATED: Woman Caught Smuggling Enough Fentanyl On A Bus To Kill 1.5 Million People)
They found this under the floor of the trailer. They found 114 kilograms of fentanyl. According to the DEA, just two milligrams is considered a lethal dose. They also grabbed 179 kg of methamphetamine and one gram of fentanyl in pill form. The street value for the fentanyl over $102 million. The CBP officers arrested the smuggler, a Mexican national who attempted to drive the drugs across the border. The suspect was a part of the DHS’s trusted traveler program called FAST, that stands for free and secure trade for commercial vehicles. The program started after 9/11.

dailycaller.com...

U.S. border patrol has confiscated, in just one truck which was trying to cross the U.S. border, enough Fentanyl that would have killed 57 million people... This is insane.

The majority of fentanyl production is coming out of China.

‘Truly terrifying’: Chinese suppliers flood US and Canada with deadly fentanyl

If the U.S. were to do what China has been doing for decades, sending medicine that killed people, and trying to drown the U.S. with enough drugs, like Fentanyl, to murder millions of people, the UN and other western countries would have called for sanctions and worse against the U.S.

China firms happy to sell killer opioid "weapon" to anyone in U.S.

Chinese Fentanyl Fueling U.S., Florida Overdose Crisis

China exports drugs like Fentanyl throught various means, by mail, shipping containers, etc, including exporting it to South America to then try to export it to the U.S. and other western nations.

Even Canada is feeling the effects of this.

China won’t stop flood of fentanyl into Canada, sources say

Why isn't anyone calling for sanctions against China?

edit on 31-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment and links.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
It's good that they found it. Wonder who the company behind this is.
Build the wall, hire more border patrols.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Good.

BUT!

The street value for the fentanyl over $102 million.

With this classical BS "street value" 'juke the stats' number, I'd take the rest of their figures with a grain of salt.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
China is an equal opportunity killer. Remember not to long ago they killed many babies in China with what they called baby formula ? Some of the druggies might be better off taking a lethal dose of fentanyl as some of their lives are so wasted they will never crawl back to a productive member of society. On the other hand I am glad the Border Patrol was able to do their job and stop that crap before it hit the street. a party and peer pressure "here try this" you gotta feel sorry for those who fall into that trap.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
How will they destroy this stuff?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

It was probably just a Fetanyl analog which can be ordered direct from China for I dunno in the $6000-10000 ballpark. Buying that many KG it was probably even less, and they would have saved a ton on shipping!

Damn, spend $100,000 on one big batch, make (according to this police report) $120,000,000, that kind of payoff its be worth attempting as a 'retirement score'.

edit on 31-1-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

They should turn it over to a pharmaceutical corp, for cancer patients. The one supplier that might actually make this supposed "$102 million value".

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   
There's 1,000mg in 1g and 1,000g in 1kg.

Suppose 2mg is a standard dose (it's "fatal" but I think even I would need a bigger dose than 2mg IV, so this fatal word is thrown around a lot). That's 500 doses in 1g or 500,000 doses in 1kg. That's 50 million doses in 100kg, if my math is correct.

Granted, you'd need to bag it, move it to the markets, successfully sell it and get the profit, so street value is just a word. No one person or even 100 organized people could do that in a 365 day year. A dose is only worth $2?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

The left keeps trying to tell you guys that the majority of drugs is driving or flying in the legal ways.

Wall would have made no difference in this case.

(post by Zanti Misfit removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor
From what I am reading the 2mg is the generally accepted LD50, non-tested amount of fentanyl for the LD50. (LD50 means the statistical amount that is lethal to 50% of people who are administered that dosage). I looked for chemical fact sheets on fentanyl, but it appears that there have been no studies for the LD50 of it when relating to humans. Other animals have been tested (rats) to have an LD50 of around 3.1mg/kg, however this rate does not stand but can be used as a benchmark for toxicity in proportion to administered dosages. Generally rats have a proportionally higher LD50 than humans, that is extrapolated to find the general rating for humans without direct human testing.

Furthermore from what I have read the half life is from 2-8 hours (depending on how it is given), which means that half of the substance has been broken down in that time period.

When a drug (fentany) as administered in dosages of mcg (micro-grams) in comparison to mg (hydrocodon, viodin), it should tell you it is quite potent stuff. However the could kill 50 million people is a bit of an overstatement, as statistically a person could take 1mg every 8 hours and possibly survive for a very long time.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

If the user has opioid tolerance the LD50 doesn't apply too. A dose for one person to make withdrawl symptoms go away and achieve a good mood is enough to kill an opioid naive individual.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:23 AM
link   

If that truck had made it to America, 50 million people would have died? Oh my!

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

It was an WMD!

Quick somebody send Colin Powell to the UN assembly with a glass vial full of fetanyl.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

No. I know this is Fake News because several of our resident Leftists just explained their great and mighty wisdom to us recently. You see, barely any drugs at all are coming across the border at all. The drugs are all coming through Ports Of Entry, in shipping containers, through the mail, you name it.

[EDIT- i made an error in my wording, because apparently a "Port" doesnt just mean like, you know, for boats and stuff. This story actually did happen through what is known as a port of entry, just like the Leftists said. I mistook their meaning to be that nothing much is coming across the southern border. But it appears they actually agree with us, its the southern border that needs patched up... its just, for some reason they think we should Only put attention to where the drugs are currently coming through and totally ignore the spaces in between, rather than cover ALL bases so they have nowhere to go. Anyway Ill leave up my error for honesty. Im sorry for mischaracterizing the views of Leftists. And Ports dont just mean water.]

In other words, look Everywhere except the Southern Border, and whatever you do, do NOT build a damn wall! [which of course we know the border security funding bill colloquallly known as "The Wall" includes upgraded security on All aspects of our border including more manpower and beefed up security for legal entryways.]

Yeah, sure, we piss away money like there's no tomorrow on the most blatantly ridiculous nonsense, BUT FOR SOME REASON, stopping this wall being built is worth shutting down the government, worth taking away food stamps, worth doing whatever it takes to stop this expenditure from occuring...

I mean, its ALMOST like the Dems are in cahoots with the cartels... but I'm certain it only appears that way, because, um, well, you see, its just that they CARE SO MUCH that they sympathize with the cartel's human condition, its cause theyre more evolved than you, you see. They know that these cartel guys probably suffer some form of PTSD from constantly butchering human bodies day in and day out, and what they need is a little compassion. LET them sell drugs to our sons and recruit them as a fall guy, LET them enslave and rape our daughters. Isnt it the least we could do to ease their pain??? Youve had too good of a life anyway here in America, and it would actually be GOOD for you to experience a little hardship for once.

Yeah, vote Democrats 2020! Yeah! Bend over and take it from the cartels, yeah! El Chapo has a large family, his sons and nephews all need a teen virgin for their birthday to add to their personal harem of sex slaves, oh yes they are deep into human trafficking, right in our backyard, so make sure your daughters are drinking plenty of milk to do a body good. You know how a mans appetite can be voracious after several tequilas and an unlimited supply of the worlds finest coc aine.
edit on 1/31/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1/31/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

This was a truck. Most the drugs actually come in by truck. The biggest loophole was certain types of farmers trucks would get waived thru, it how Obama had it setup wouldnt change it. Trump changed that pretty quick I recall seeing liberals pissed off about it.

The Two Party + MSM + CIA + Judicial + Banking System is in cahoots with the cartels. It is known.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The wall issue in particular has been entertaining to read people talking about. Dems say the President demanded it and stopped attempts at ending the shut down by getting the Reps to fight for it in the House and Senate, and by saying no negotiations all or nothing. Reps say the Dems were responsible for not giving into his demand, even though they can't get the votes for it to pass the House and Senate (therefore the majority do not want it right now at that price).

The President has backed himself into a corner because this was a big part of the platform he ran on. We've heard him talking about this wall for years, he's decided for it to be his lasting legacy, or try to. Obama tried with Obamacare, but that's already being dismantled and changed soon. The first televised meeting with Schumer and Pelosi where he talks tough about the wall and being honored to own the shut down. Those aren't supposed to be televised and the Dems even complained and suggested to talk off camera. It was very awkward and all 3 of them were going to have to stick to their guns. The President.. is going to have the wall no matter what, he has to, he's President Donald J. Trump. Preident Bush's was the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. Clinton's was beating an impeachment for getting bjs from Monica Lewinsky 🤣

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:44 AM
link   
CIA don't like competition.

All ur fentanyls are belong to us
edit on 31-1-2019 by toms54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

The left keeps trying to tell you guys that the majority of drugs is driving or flying in the legal ways.

Wall would have made no difference in this case.

Yeah, left-wingers also claim that such drugs only come through shipping containers, but that is not true.

In Three Months, Enough Fentanyl Was Smuggled Across The Border To Kill 36 Million Americans

The detainees include three illegal immigrants from Brazil who are wanted there for murder, the official said.

“The target was fentanyl, heroin and coc aine dealers and the illegal immigrants doing it,” the law enforcement official said, adding details of the sweep are due to be made public Thursday.

ICE busts more than 50 illegal immigrants in New England raids

$1.3M in opiates, meth seized at Nogales border crossing

Illegal immigrants dealt kilos of fentanyl in Miami County, feds say

Illegal immigrant sentenced for distributing fentanyl, meth in Virginia

Illegal alien arrested with Fentanyl stash has 5 aliases and has been deported at least twice

edit on 31-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   

This is the way the enemies of the U.S and the West are destroying us. There are multiple "fronts". Armies are the only thing not fighting in many ways, ironicallly. Yes, we are facing ideological "Sidewinders" and health "Snipers" who will pollute us and rip us apart. Surely now we can see how we are being attacked.

Migrants, deliberate economy sabotage and infiltration, political extremism being ignited by "Triggers" pulling these already deployed weapons.

No doubt this current bust will be milked raw for certain agendas as wonderful self representing propaganda (whispering the word "Wall"). Does Trump seem so extreme though when the U.S has all these hyenas upon its flanks? Seems like a pretty reasonable response to at least protect one's very hind.

The rest of the world is not as tamed as we in the West. We are at it like hippies with flowers against every kind of demon. The very thing that civilized us though is dying for lack of interest and care. Don't worry, globalism and Liberalism will save us (or feed us to the prowling lions depending on which side of prosperous or not you are).

I don't think our civilization can last if we do not begin to defend ourselves. That is the problem because globalism benefits from corrupted borders and feeds off mayhem just as well if not better than it feeds on secure and ordered society.

This is how dictators are born, only to torture our idiocy with more deadly instruments of torture. Ladies, gentlemen and the pronouneless ones who don't like certain pronouns yet demand every kind of inclusion themselves, see that we need to start demanding some proper respect for your societies and political action to suit. We really are in a scary place now. We could lose everything. For every one of us that becomes a meths fiend or fentanyl flop it is a chemical warfare score of a kind that benefits our foes.

The World War is here. I know it is upon us. It is not being fought as a traditional battle. Politicians like Putin are masters of this kind of war. We give them a temperate climate of world politics for them to thrive in. Perhaps we have all played too much the gangster and must now be forced to soul search for our integrity as we are faced with its loss and all loss standing on this precipice.

Globalism has become its own enemy. That is why I criticize it and condemn it as an ideology. It is now working against the West's interests as we discover what opening ourselves up so naively invites in. It seems a good place to say to Jesus that He was right about letting go of a good thing spiritually. It leaves a vacumm for every kind of foul demon to occupy, seven times more deadly. Best we had never known G-D than abandon HIM so callously and blindly. I included this deliberately because I believe that without Spirit there is a demon or just empty nothing at best. Unfortunately there is no getting out of this for any of us. If we make ourselves morally weak and compromised it is like deliberately rubbing Superbug into a life threatening wound. The wages of corruption are just more corruption, sevenfold. That is why we should never have let ourselves become so corrupt in the first place. The irony is that these people are blind to themselves, all of them. If they were to read these words they would not be able to humble themselves. Torment of repition is guaranteed a fool who never learns his lesson.

edit on 31-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join