It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not the usual Southern Guy but I got lots of stories. True too.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I always quote from "Field of Dreams", "Your parents didn't have a sixties, just 2 fifties and a seventies."
That pretty much sums up my upbringing in rural Louisiana, a very sheltered and ideal life. We could get whipped by most parents of the neighborhood and the cops didn't arrest them. Our Sheriff's son grew weed, good weed too. Nobody bothered about much bull#.
Really, we didn't even have a civil rights movement. Everyone seemed to know thier social status and didn't complain. Being a huge dairy hub, there was money. It was noticable too along with the associated social heirarchy. There were kids we didn't play with and there were kids that didn't play with us. We seemed to know our place.
My parents decided to upset that social order. They sent my siblings and I to the only private school in town. My siblings seem to be ok and enjoyed their experiences. Hell that place was a nightmare for me.
I was the lower middle class kid, that at a young age saw real social stratification first hand and did I rebel. With all their might they only succeeded in no longer entertaining my unique form of rebellion as I approached my father and proclaimed I wanted to go to public school.
Since that day, I believe that all men and women (yes I really believed that back then) should have to live by the law just as any one of us.
These days I was what is called an Asperger which by the way got me my first job. That will come later.
Junior High was nice, those were my good childhood years. High School started out ok but damn that stratification. Not to mention the #ing "Man Game", that's what I call it. So, I got in a couple of fights and most of the time got my ass kicked. Never got laid, kind of glad for that. I missed a butt ton of bullets. Jeeze back in High School, I drooled over them like they were Hooter girls. Now their Waffle House Bitches.
One thing about me, I'm to the point. If you have thin skin, you may want to stop reading. I believe ALL humans are flawed and the flaws are getting worse.
Maybe we over-bred ourselves, if that is possible weeeellll entropy works in strange ways.
Needless to say, I joined the U. S. Navy in 1981. I was immediately trained to be the guy that actually works on um devices that we don't like to talk about. Pop music, talk about Pop Music. Sorry addaral (Damn spelled wrong) Come and get me Grammar NATZIs I love abuse. I'm in my 50's so let's stick with age appropriate slang. Got it Dudes?
And thanks for reading my post.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: NathanGibbs

Welcome! I just love your writing style. Very engaging. Please...continue.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

So, either you DO want to talk about the "devices" you were "immediately trained to work on," or you are full of it. Otherwise, why mention it?

So, pony up, sir.

And again- welcome to ATS. Most of us only bite occasionally.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Interesting introduction
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Sonic Warfare no doubt and gang stalking.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Oh...and I always quote my dear departed mother...with my favorite being, "If you haven't ever seen one before, you won't know what you're looking at anyway."

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Welcome from one southerner to another. And, bless your lil heart. See you around.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Well when you spend much time in a process, whether a riding a garbage truck or special weapons, the stink kinda stays with you. I sought adventure and damn if I didn't get it. Ever heard of Beam Experiment Aboard Rocket (Bear), Look it up. It is out their but not much detail. Or Lightweight Exo-Atmospheric Projectile (Leap)? Worked on those when ABM was a pipe dream. Not to mention the mushroom growing devices, back then we called ourselves Keepers of the False Dawn or just "The Keepers." Yeah, I got alot of stink on me and maybe I am ready to talk about it but, never assume I am talking #.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Why thank you, been wanting to get my input out there about this crazy world we live in. Believe me, it's crazier than most think.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Why thank you, been wanting to get my input out there about this crazy world we live in. Believe me, it's crazier than most think.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   

What was your rating when you were in the Navy? What "schools" did you go through? Where were your duty stations?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=24155072]KansasGirl[/post

My computer keeps shutting off, is that common to anyone else? Was typing my resume and out of no where the computer when black and rebooted.

top topics

join