It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Bill: Infant Could Be Delivered and Then ‘Dr. & Mother’ Could Decide If It Lives

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
a reply to: pavil

Why did you leave this part out?

"When we talk about third trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physicians, more than one physician by the way. And it is done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that is non-viable."

Are physicians some sort of absolute moral authority that I don't know about?

I see their decisions being as possibly flawed as those of anyone else.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

So now a child born with deformities should be killed? that is your argument? EUGENICS anyone?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: Lumenari

Heard about that today...

Seems the left are jockeying for position on who is more immoral.

If you did that to laboratory testing animals you would go to jail...

And the governor was still calling it abortion... I had thought the term at that point would be infanticide?

So I guess if you're 15-16, have a kid and throw it in the dumpster then it's OK now?

Sad part is that not a SINGLE Democrat that I have seen has stood up and said "Wait, What?"

They're just all supporting it.

I was a preemie by 2 months.

This is just crazy.

Where is the data that even points to this being necessary? How often is the mother's life in danger when a child is capable of being born that justifies an abortion?

If it's after the birth of the child then I would go out on a limb and say that it didn't put her life in danger...

If it somehow did and put her in a bad condition, then this is exactly the time to talk to her about killing her newborn?

Crazy, is it not?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   

The bill reduces the number of doctors required to certify the alleged medical need for an abortion from three to one, and — critically — eliminates any required showing of severity before the doctor and mother can determine that the birth would impair her physical or mental health. Under the bill’s actual text, virtually any claim of impairment would suffice to meet the act’s requirements. Anxiety? Depression? The conventional physical challenges of post-partum recovery? Any of those things could justify taking the life of a fully formed, completely viable, living infant.

The Democratic bill opens the door to a door I don't think needs opening. The existing law already has a procedure for late term abortions in very drastic health situations. The Democratic proposal would make it so almost any reason would be justified for a late term abortion.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Killing a baby is about the single most evil and unforgivable thing you can do. There's something seriously wrong about the people who wrote and proposed this bill.

+11 more 
link   
So the Dems want every pregnant foreign female that crosses the border from Mexico to the US...and immediately gives birth to her baby on US soil to have that baby be given THE RIGHT to US citizenship.

But Dems DON'T want an American citizen's baby...immediately delivered on US soil...to have THE RIGHT to LIFE.

link   
Crazy how 2 words can change the meaning of the outcome. Additionally, getting up in arms about it isn't necessary. The bill is not going to pass.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Woodcarver

Dude you can not ,in any way, argue for murdering an infant outside the womb
Did you see the part where it says severe deformities and nonviable?

link   

edit on 30-1-2019 by Felyn because: Double posted because website is not acting right.

link   

This bill allows for murdering the born child if it would be "mentally difficult" on the family. JUST DISGUSTING people.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
dup post
edit on Wed Jan 30 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

link   
dup post

link   
dup post

link   

This bill allows for murdering the born child if it would be "mentally difficult" on the family. JUST DISGUSTING people.

link   
dup post

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
dup post

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

According to the evil amoral leftists, life begins in the voting booth.

I am so disgusted by this that really, I can't post any more because I will be banned.

link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: xuenchen
The Virginia Barbarian Bill was defeated in the legislature I believe.

😎

I thought they should have called it the "repeal life" act.

That might be the next Constitutional Amendment proposal 😎

link   

originally posted by: Felyn
Crazy how 2 words can change the meaning of the outcome. Additionally, getting up in arms about it isn't necessary. The bill is not going to pass.

ALL the DEMS voted FOR the bill.
ALL the REPS voted AGAINST the bill.

It narrowly failed.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Don't delete a single post.

It needed to be repeated.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join