It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Schultz for President?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
He seems like he might be a little too left for me based on Starbucks reaction to their PR fiascoes last year. However, the guy seems somewhat genuine from what I can tell.

I need to do more research on him. I did think it was interesting the Democrats immediately came out to bash him instead of maybe corralling him into the party. But as he stated, Democrats don't seem to be speaking for the majority of Americans anymore.

Democrats really don't have anyone who isn't a deep state shill right now or likeable imho. Their bench is really weak.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

No lefty radical is going to win the votes of normal Americans.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

You ;mean the lying son-of-a-bitch that sold the city of Seattle out, as regards their, and mine, beloved SuperSonics?

I wouldn't vote for him if he were the only one running. Treacherous snake. Guarantee, he wouldn't win Washington state.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

You ;mean the lying son-of-a-bitch that sold the city of Seattle out, as regards their, and mine, beloved SuperSonics?

I wouldn't vote for him if he were the only one running. Treacherous snake. Guarantee, he wouldn't win Washington state.

A local has spoken!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
It seems a little early to be talking elections. Once again we just got done with midterms. It's an endless cycle. Its like they are trying to drive people insane with the political rhetoric. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I do consider him a fellow Yooper because he was up here for a few years, but I don't think I will vote for him because it would be taking away from the Republican candidate next time and I do not want to aid Democrats anymore than I have to by not voting Republican. I am frustrated with what the Democrats have been doing, their tactics are worse than any Republican tactic I have ever observed.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I won't be voting for him, however I do think it is great
for the Republicans so that makes it sweeter.

The Democrats need to be challenged to the mat
on their calls for socialized health care and free
college. I heard him talk about how the crazy
left has zero financial understanding of how
they would pay for these things, let along how
this would put a lot of teachers and colleges down,
and doctors, hospitals, nurses etc.

My vote will go to the Republican candidate,
which I believe will be President Trump!

But I am really glad to hear Schultz exposing the
ludicrous leftists and their bat sheet craziness!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This would be an interesting election. Most far left supporters that I know did not vote, voted for green party Jill or jumped over for That liberal party guy, Gary. They didn't want Hillary but Trump was a no go too.

The democrats more centered did not want Hillary...we voted for Trump to wake up Dem Party that Hillary was toxic and not to go too far from a balanced center. Past 2 years seems to prove that they did not listen. The extremes are neglible. The center are the real majority. Trump was center left and is now center right.

Schultz may very well draw 2016 votes from both parties. Personally, go Schultz! Let's end extremism bs and lets have another choice in the finale of 2020!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Semi-local.

The Sonics were the first sports team I ever followed. It was the franchises third year (I think). I fell in love, and through thick or thin, good times and bad (more often meh, then either good or bad) didn't matter. I was there, green and gold blood flowing through my veins.

I'll never forget, or forgive. If he'll sell out fans, many of whom grew up rooting for them for more than 40 years? What else will he sell out?

I may be a bit biased.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
HELL no.

Now if 'Black Rifle Coffee' CEO Evan Hafer were to run, now were talkin'...

edit on 1.30.2019 by Murgatroid because: Felt like it...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Paul Allen had as much to do with that as anyone else did.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

He, however, being sadly passed away, isn't running for President. ...and he did save the Seahawks from moving to, of all places, Los Angeles, because, as we all know, LA is much safer from earthquakes than Seattle.

My reasons for disliking Shultz are petty...I'll be the first to admit to it. But they're very real ones.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Semi-local.

The Sonics were the first sports team I ever followed. It was the franchises third year (I think). I fell in love, and through thick or thin, good times and bad (more often meh, then either good or bad) didn't matter. I was there, green and gold blood flowing through my veins.

I'll never forget, or forgive. If he'll sell out fans, many of whom grew up rooting for them for more than 40 years? What else will he sell out?

I may be a bit biased.

A bit bias?

It's a
f u c k e n
basketball team. You are being unreasonably biased & petty. Like there is absolutely no reason to be upset about this.

He just cashed in on his investment, there is no "selling out".

He owned an asset and he sold it. There is no reasons to make it personal.

posted on May, 23 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I care not in the slightest why he sold the team. The fact remains that he did, and a whole lot of people felt, and continue to do so, betrayed.

I also care not in the slightest about your opinion of my opinion. I said it was petty, and it is. Doesn't change my feelings in the slightest.

Don't like it? ...and?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join