It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I suppose I could be wrong, but what if this is why ancients tracked planetary movements so much?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
oops Diamond double post

Im guessing you inserted a "Diamond" for esoteric reasons? Something to do with the resonance of the crystaline structure of the diamond? Did you hum? It works better if you hum. And light candles and- oh what am I saying, you are the King of Woo, you believe watching Mars will somehow help you know when to plant crops on Earth, so, you definitely dont need My help to "crank up the woo" lol...
edit on 1/30/2019 by 3n19m470 because: i forgot to capitalize the M in Mars.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: just2cents

The constellation Aquila represents the United States. Research V603 Aquilae and the events that took place during that year, especially the date that it was confirmed. That is one example.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Tracking star positions is in line with tracking weather and seasons. In tracking these, they were also observant enough to see planets moving through the skies.

Now the easiest way to remember star alignments/positions is to tell a story about them. Thus mythology was born. "When (pick a constellation) comes to north the stars will bring back the sun" ...would tell them that spring and longer days would begin to appear. Super important for knowing when to plant crops, knowing which animals were migrating in which direction, so on and so forth.

Everyone tries to make it so difficult and complicated, IMO. In fact think about the things that human settlements needed the most: Food and shelter from the elements. Shelter is easy, one doesn't have to predict that. However knowing when to plant, and when the migratory food is coming in...those are important. And the stars can tell them when those things are going to happen.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I have long thought there may be several fundamentally different ways to reach other planets. I would suspect that at least one possibility could be connected to (group) meditation, remote viewing, out of body experiences, etc.

Another idea: what if something was very different in the past. Recently there was news about a "dark matter hurricane" passing through our part of the milky way. There may have been generally accepted laws of physics that no longer work because an ingredient is missing or an additional phenomenon is affecting whatever worked before.
edit on 30-1-2019 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: teapot

That's exactly what I'm getting at with the ancient tech. We did it before, we'll do it again. Maybe these structures are something cooler than an old religious shrine.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoPants

The constellation Aquila represents the United States. Research V603 Aquilae and the events that took place during that year, especially the date that it was confirmed. That is one example.

There you go. Now you've taken your mind out of the gutter and really delved into the topic at hand. Way to go, champ! That's what I like to see! 👍

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Now that's deep. What if there was a dark matter "cord" from Earth to Venus. Not a wormhole, but like a gravity disturbance and you could jump to another planet.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Sun goes up, sun goes down, moon goes up, stars come out, moon goes down stars disappear, repeat this process.

All it takes is that one group of early humans to notice the pattern and start filling in the between bits of the sun going up and down. And boom they have the advantage already over basically any other human on earth at that point in time.

This is probably how religion started. As the years go by people start to notice certain stars are out at certain number of subs going up and down and it does so every year at around say the river near by flooding.

We tracked the stars because it became a tool that lead to the concept of prediction and further molding our minds into deeper imagination, which gave way to innovation.

If you read the Cosmos by carl sagan he explains it pretty well.
edit on 30-1-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I'll have to add that to my reading list.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

oops Diamond double post

Im guessing you inserted a "Diamond" for esoteric reasons? Something to do with the resonance of the crystaline structure of the diamond? Did you hum? It works better if you hum. And light candles and- oh what am I saying, you are the King of Woo, you believe watching Mars will somehow help you know when to plant crops on Earth, so, you definitely dont need My help to "crank up the woo" lol...

Settle settle Mr all those numbers and letters
I know to some people science is woo if you don't understand what you are looking at or how things work

www.space.com...

That's a link to space.com where they explain to you what you think"is "woo"

So yes, when watching the stars we do understand the seasons, science my boy, real and simple science. Understanding how the world works
Did you know tides are caused by the moon.
The moon may even make people a little strange, hence lunatic, you know lunar for moon
See how much you learn on ats

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Magyptions were around 3,000 years. It's not implausible that they did in fact have high technology. They lasted until Cleopatra around 33 BC. Around the time the Library of Alexandria was burnt and destroyed. What could it of told us...

There are a series of 7 one might want to consider. www.youtube.com...

US GOVT HAS DEEMED THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE FOREVER TIME TO BE A THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY.

The wildly successful documentary series, "The Knowledge Of The Forever Time," has been deemed a threat to US National Interests. The series which reveals ancient knowledge also reveals information and understanding that has never been heard before. Many of the films detail a step by step instruction that will lead to alien contact and dialog. While other episodes reveal ancient Stargate technology that allows man to travel deep into the cosmos with unbelievable ease.

Series Creator Damon T. Berry has recently had his home looted while at the same time being under 24 hour surveillance. The US Government has seized all documents, scripts and master copies of the films. They have taken over his bank accounts, blocked all email accounts, phones, and have seized all assets from all bank safe deposit boxes. He is currently under 24 hour house arrest and no longer allowed to create another episode or move freely around the world. This type of action is unprecedented is a democracy and it highlights our ever changing country and it also portends a dark and terrifying future.

edit on 30-1-2019 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I am downloading that video now. Thank you. Do they explain why the US is afraid of ancient knowledge?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   
On the other hand, maybe they just wanted to know what time of the year it was to plant crops, or hunt certain kinds of animals, or start either moving south or stocking up on firewood for the cold, cold winter.

Above all, human beings have an innate need to pick out patterns in things and give them names. And there you have the night sky, which was quite a show back in the days before electric light. Always changing, moving around. Ideal for trying to find patterns.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: just2cents

I am downloading that video now. Thank you. Do they explain why the US is afraid of ancient knowledge?

That part of comments is recent. Like 6-8 months or so. I believe as you watch the series, 'there are seven' around 4 or 5 that will be made apparent.

You will find scoffers about this series, but your likely to get that anyway here with this topic..

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I'm downloading them now. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Going out on the end of a limb but, probably to track the seasons, relevant to crops and food and, well you know, planting and harvesting and trying to live
Why do people overthink what is so simple. Today, right now we track the stars to navigate as well as work out seasons, rainfall, temperature.
Why go all esoteric?

What in Gods name do the other planets have to do with OUR weather amd seasons?

Nothing at all.
This started with keeping track of the year, which predicts when it will be cold, when to plant, harvest, etc.
Note the word "predict."
Thus star tracking became associated with prediction.

Once you've been looking for a while though, you start to notice that some of the stars change position, while the vast majority do not. What could this possibly mean?

Given the previous association with prediction, it was taken to mean that the "travelers" had some sort of effect on Earth, since the other things they were watching (mainly the Sun) obviously did.

Thus Astrology was born.

After that, it was of utmost importance to track it all.

Eventually, it became the belief that the whole thing would end if you didn't cut enough beating hearts out of living prisoners' chests.

Harte

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Make it a top read for yourself. Sagan was a brilliant man, and had a brilliant mind. And his narrative is unlike anyone else in the scientific world. With questions and rhetoric that you are bringing forth here, I think you will be captivated by his work.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I've actually been getting into audio books a lot lately. I'll add it on audible.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Harte

I get it. The various signs in the sky correlate to the time of year, with correlates to thr planting and harvest times.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Observation, hence observatories.

Here is an example.

When I was a teen in the middle of no where on a farm in Iowa, I would stare at and study the night sky. As I grew older, getting a car and driving to all parts of the country I was in, I would use the stars to guide me back home because I had no idea where I was. This was the late 70's.

The farmers would use certain moon cycles to plan planting of crops and such.

What the ancients used it for is a variety of reasons because it is useful.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join