It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Can Buy Back Their Own Land

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Thank you, I know what you mean, kind words. Family members is harder I think, that personal connection is deep love from all your life, I can shut out sad emotions for residents usually pretty well because I have to, but I do connect, it is being human and only a psycho can't do that, kind of person who doesn't go aww at seeing a kitten or something lol
Our home is fantastic, all the residents are funded by the government and they don't pay much so the place runs on a tight budget, but staff are amazing beautiful human beings. You shouldn't be in the personal care game unless you are doing it for more than money, that human connection has to be there for the resident, and I selfishly speaking love that I've helped someone, that is why I do it. I know it is a private company owns the home, well two partners, but children and grandchildren of residents volunteer like painting the building, strimming the grass, mending a leaky roof, that is the kind of way it is. It is a lovely home and families want to help keep it in business in these times of austerity.

Oh and again, sorry to the OP for being way off-topic now! I do love how our care home is supported by the community and massively by the families, if we shout out on facebook for a tradesman then one will come and do a job for a meal and a cup of tea if their granny is a resident or whatever. Honestly the place runs on a shoestring, the owners have a crap car and live in the building, couple of rooms for themselves, but the families love what they have created and provide, total loving care for people who are too old to care for themselves.
edit on 31-1-2019 by SarahConnor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Christ....what a gig. Why didnt you go for it? We got the horse mafia in Newmarket though....so you csn probably double that salary.

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
I couldn't go for it cos I aint a two faced, double dealing, lying bast***. I do have some redeeming features.

posted on Feb, 2 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Sent you a PM.

posted on Feb, 3 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Cheers, but i could not eat a whole one and May's a little bit out of date for my liking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join