It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English Can Buy Back Their Own Land

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Such generosity. We have the right to pay fiat currency for our own land.

Huge areas of previously developed land are left vacant or under-used in England. Much is owned by public bodies. As assets are held on behalf of the taxpayer they must be used efficiently. When land is no longer needed it should be sold, for example, for housing or other development, or for use as public or community spaces.
www.gov.uk...-5-comm unity-right-to-reclaim-land

With the current homeless problem I'll be emptying my piggy-bank right away and trotting off to the man, tugging my forelock appropriately.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Kester

Unfortunately the right to buy contributed to the current social housing issues we face today.

Or to be more precise the fact that our government of the time, and previous administrations afterward, allowed our social housing stock to be sold without building replacement housing to accommodate the ever-increasing population, placed us in the predicament we now find ourselves, where affordable housing and rented accommodation is concerned.
edit on 30-1-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

New builds in Cambridge are being sold to Chinese investors before even being offered to the public.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Its complete ludicracy in operation to be honest.

You simply cannot make the crap they come away with up, if it was not so tragic, it would be bloody hilarious. LoL

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Such generosity. We have the right to pay fiat currency for our own land.

Huge areas of previously developed land are left vacant or under-used in England. Much is owned by public bodies. As assets are held on behalf of the taxpayer they must be used efficiently. When land is no longer needed it should be sold, for example, for housing or other development, or for use as public or community spaces.
www.gov.uk...-5-comm unity-right-to-reclaim-land

With the current homeless problem I'll be emptying my piggy-bank right away and trotting off to the man, tugging my forelock appropriately.

The Pembrokeshire Trust controls/maintains the lands into Wales (the Cotswolds area)...and our family's castle, chapel and grounds/gardens still used for weddings.

All I understand is they maintain and control all the property in that area. If a tourist knocks on the door, we are obligated to show them around...which is fine.

But I'm here across the pond, owning the land and taxed as such...yet full control belongs to the Trust, including all villages, towns, rivers and estates...along the Pembrokeshire Coast.

I believe it's a good thing as far as maintaining things by standards for future generations. As such, we have family historical estates still used in both England itself, and Ireland as well, not I believe...under the same-type trust.

To me? It seems we own something, but must adhere to whatever the government does or doesn't allow or approve of.

I've wondered if one could break-a-way from say the Pembrokeshire Coast Trust control. Maybe now...one could?

Thanks for posting this. M.S.
edit on 30-1-2019 by mysterioustranger because: No coffee...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
What's interesting about the UK is that at one time "Mortgages" were called an "Indenture".

Now that we have a fiat system, and they can print money out of thin air; the only value in anything is people's sweat equity, hence indentured slaves, with the illusion of freedom.
edit on 30-1-2019 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Kester

Unfortunately the right to buy contributed to the current social housing issues we face today.

Or to be more precise the fact that our government of the time, and previous administrations afterward, allowed our social housing stock to be sold without building replacement housing to accommodate the ever-increasing population, placed us in the predicament we now find ourselves, where affordable housing and rented accommodation is concerned.

Right to Buy was actually the correct decision though. It was implemented because many of the houses listed were becoming too expensive to upkeep by the Local Authorities. The solution? Flog them off and then claim the political capital for such a "generous" move.

The issue is that they never replaced them.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Indeed.

Not replacing them through with an ever-increasing population was a recipe for disaster.

Hence the current predicament and dilemma local councils and housing associations now find themselves.

300,000 homes short or thereabouts at the last count, and it's not like things are going to get miraculously better overnight.

End of the day crap like this is simply counterproductive to the growth and development of our nation, and the fact of the matter is that it's looking to be by design.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
To get social housing in my area you have to sit in B&B room with 3 beds for months until someone dies or gets evicted from the council house.
I have twin teenage boys, they share a room and our little house is nice. Got a great landlord, will fix stuff straight away, will not give you a hard time if you are behind with rent, doesn't charge any of his tenants rent that is more than the LHA (Housing benefit) rate so nobody struggles with a top-up. Never does 6 monthly checks, it feels like my own home.
Me and my boys painted the outside of our house last year, landlord supplied the paint and brushes, rollers, then knocked £200 off the rent, it only took us a day on a sunny weekend.
I will never move again, this landlord is a keeper.

I will never buy land though in my opinion, too late for it, I'm currently injured but when i go back to work it will be minimum wage at the care home, i love my job though and miss it being off. Work is more than money, it is a social thing for me as well.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: SarahConnor

I'm back in a private let myself, don't like the feel of social housing nor the multitude of associated problems that can come with it.

I recognize the obvious need for such all the same.

Then again renting privately comes with its own barrel of laughs as you generally cannot get the landlord/factor to do anything other than collect the rent.

Housing is a bloody minefield these days.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I didn't want to put myself and my boys through months in a room just waiting in limbo for a social housing flat to become available. My landlord didn't even want a deposit, and was willing to wait for the LHA payments to kick in. He's a millionaire with a couple of hundred properties, but grew up poor in a housing estate, worked hard for everything he has and does all maintenance with his boys himself even though he is in his 60's. All he says is he doesn't want his phone ringing all the time, like complaints by neighbours or whatever, if his phone isn't ringing then he won't ring mine. I pay him cash, he likes cash for some reason instead of bank transfer.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24

New builds in Cambridge are being sold to Chinese investors before even being offered to the public.

Laundering their money through real estate, in yet another country

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

Laundering their money through real estate, in yet another country
I would if I was in such a position to do so, I have to admit that. If a Chinese or Russian guy offered me 10% on some fortune money transfer scam I'd do it. Money isn't real, our economies are not real, just concepts and maths. I would launder money with no feelings of guilt.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Chinese are a cancer once they enter any country and given an opportunity, I hate them and I hate their approach, im not a racist but I really hate what they're doing to other countries and mine, they should be dealt with ASAP otherwise we are doomed.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

If they had used the money from RTB to build new homes it would be all good.
...I wonder what they did with the money?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks
The money isn't even real to start with. Land ownership is money in the UK now.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SarahConnor

He will be thinking you are a keeper too

Respect

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Honestly though I have loads of friends who ask if my landlord has anything going, he is a legend around here, decent millionaire who cares about poor people while making some money himself. Win win.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   

They are a mafia. Yet the coucil turns a blind eye. I would love to audit the council members bank accounts....bet theyd be some dirty laundry.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

They lined their own, and the banker's pockets, then shirked the responsibility on to others would be my guess.

Then after 2008 we had to bail them out and pull them back from the brink out of our own back pockets.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join