It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rob Dyke of YouTube has had to change his name due to cancerous PC culture

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So feeding your pet snake is a no-no? I guess my YouTube auto-cannibalism career feeding DB little parts of DB is over before it has begun.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: seeker1963

So your pride in yourself and career would be based on how much money you get from people making donations. Yes?

No matter how much cash I was pulling in, I would be embarrassed to say that making videos on YouTube was my career.

You seem to be ignorant of the film industry.

YouTube (and other online video publishers) was a way for the general public to make their very own creations and have people see it, bypassing studios and broadcasters.

If you think this of YouTube professionals, you must also think this of TV and film directors, producers and executives.

If you were one of them, would you also be "embarrassed" of your occupation?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
So Dick Van Dyke must be scrubbed from all history now.

He had to change his name back to Penis Van Lesbian.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
a reply to: seeker1963

So your pride in yourself and career would be based on how much money you get from people making donations. Yes?

No matter how much cash I was pulling in, I would be embarrassed to say that making videos on YouTube was my career.

Whats to be ashamed of? These people work, but not in a conventional way as many who work for other people. Here is a guy who is a millionaire Mark Wiens. What does he do? He travels to different countries and shows people the different cultures by eating and showing off the food of different cultures. Why should he be embarrassed? He is actually educating people on cultures and countries. For people like myself who don't have cable, I have no issue with spending $5 dollars a month to a few different channels that I enjoy watching.

Matter of fact, what a dream job it would be to travel the world and eat different foods.

]]]]

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
What the Hell... I'm all for being polite and not going out of my way to offend people but jesus christ...... it's his youtube name... He's a great content creator...

Silly.

-Alee

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

That girl I talked about?

YouTube is a part of her career, a serious part. She keeps reptiles as a serious hobby, but it's also her job. She goes into schools, retirement homes, and other such places to do educational programs. She also uses YouTube to do educational videos both about keeping the various animals she has, herp care in general, field work, and just some fun stuff like blindfolded "guess the snake" videos with other snake keeping friends of her's. She also breeds some of the animals she keeps and integrates that process into her videos along with using it to advertise when she will have hatchlings available.

If you're looking for bull snakes, hognoses or garter snakes, you might check her out. Snake Discovery

There are plenty of people who do legitimate stuff over YouTube. It has grown up a lot since the early days of PianoCat.

I also enjoy Sorted food channel (four Brits doing food stuff) and several others.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: soekvg

I just searched the "Dick Van Dyke" show on YouTube. Dozens of posted results under his show, and performances from movies like "Mary Poppins" instantly pop up unrestricted.

So, I'm thinking something else blocks that site using it. In fact, Jerry, Earl and Dick Van Dyke...all remain unaffected in results and ability to search for and play or download.

?????????????????
edit on 30-1-2019 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: soekvg

... Someone’s gotta help us before we let this get too out of control. When will it stop? How much worse could it get? ...

Sorry, dude, it's too late. Too damn late. It's toast. No help, no hope.

And yeah, it could get much worse. It will. So, just grab your bowl of popcorn, find a comfy seat and enjoy the show.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Yea not surprised either. YouTube is great, but if they allow the far end of PC culture to dominate practices then YouTube is just going to be full of those horrible clickbait vlogger types.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

He shall from hence forth be called Penis Van Lesbian

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: soekvg

The whole thing sounds to me like a hate crime.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
So Dick Van Dyke must be scrubbed from all history now.

Next thing you know Dj Paul Van Dyk will have to do the same LOL

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What about Fanny Chmelar the German alpine skier ?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'd change it to a symbol.

The Artist Formerly Known as Rob Dyke

In the shape of a giant dildo.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The ironic thing here is that it seems like liberal / progressive / left minded people are catching the blame here...

Look: Are there some folks out there who sit online seeking offense from every little thing in some misguided pursuit of social justice? Yeah. There are.

Just as there are people out there in MAGA hats at white supremacy rallies.

Thing is that BOTH examples are the exceptions and not the rules. They are the fringe of the fringe from either side and using either group to paint everyone else on that side of the spectrum... Well... Isn't fun when it's your side getting the generalizations is it.

Onto the irony...

It's not armies of blue haired, vagina hat wearing libtards causing this man problems ( though I'm sure a few nutters have probably clicked "alert" on every video of his - as it happens to just about everyone on social media with any sort of following ) - it's YouTube's algorithms. And those have nothing to do with liberal agendas at all. They have to do with YouTube wanting multi-national corporations to feel safe putting ads on their platform.

So yeah - the purple haired SJW's can be annoying just as the Nazi idiots at rallies can - but in this case the blame firmly flows into board rooms and into the laps of corporate executives who want to make a lot of cash.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What he change it to Carpetconnoisseur?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join