It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rob Dyke of YouTube has had to change his name due to cancerous PC culture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Rob Dyke of YouTube, known for his shows such as “Seriously Strange” and “Why would you put that on the internet?” (WWYPTOTI) has run into an issue on YouTube.

It seems his last name (Dyke) was offensive and not good for business, so he had to change. If he didn’t change he would likely no longer be making a career off of YouTube anymore. Yes guys, were at that point now.

youtu.be...

At THIS point I don’t have any energy left to fight anymore from being astonished at everything else so I’ll let someone else do it. Someone’s gotta help us before we let this get too out of control. When will it stop? How much worse could it get? It’s just someone’s name here but it never had to come to that.. when will we not be allowed to look a certain way, drive a certain car, play a certain video game.

When will SJWs call out music, tv and movies that they find offensive on streaming networks we pay for and get content we all enjoy REMOVED? For Christ’s sake let’s fight this culture.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
So Dick Van Dyke must be scrubbed from all history now.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: soekvg

(If he's being honest) It's beyond ridiculous and makes the YT reps who complained look like mindless little fascistas. It's like they've lost the function to use their brains and are up to their scalps in ideological diarrhoea - the management meetings must be like a cesspit by now.

Hey YT!! You don't have to action every infantile, thin-skinned or malicious complaint. They'll be coming for you when you've disgraced everyone else who would ever have defended you.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Maybe its a rival trying to take down the competition used mindless minions.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Do you think the dude is being honest about it all? Is it just a question of algorithms being too "blanket" regarding definition? Should we really be allowing something that is as vague as Google Translate (and as error ridden) to make us go to such extreme lengths to please the machine?

Wait until they start writing algorithms to demonize the pronouns like "He" and "She". I expect they will in time popularize via algorithm whatever they consider to be the right language. It is very Orwellian in concept. How come Orwell nailed so many future facts all in one crazy novel? He was a seriously astute and switched on guy.

The machine is now socially engineering us via language. Welcome to the Liberal Machine. It is a fiendish wet dream of assimilation. It is the Mechanics of Political Correctness. The machine is now being deployed to socially control us via algorithm, even in the very language we use to think our thoughts.

Yes, this is what we have been warning ourselves about regarding Artificial Intelligence. What fiendish potential weapons of manipulation we are unleashing on ourselves.

edit on 30-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Well on our way to the holy triumvirate of totalitarian government, ideological cultism (i.e. religion) and corporate tyranny. Remember when we thought these threats we on the right and we fought against them from becoming one and controlling our lives? We need a new generation of voices to stand up against this cancer. They've brainwashed Howard Stern into joining them, they've pacified 'South Park', they've effectually neutered every standup comic there is from taking a stand against them and washed the brains of several others into their masses.

I don't know about you, but I despised the politicking religious right as a kid. Why are we allowing a steroid induced version of them to take hold now just because they call themselves liberal or leftists? Any idiot should be able to see that they are anything but liberal.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   

has had to

Someone has to be the one to say it....there is NOTHING anyone HAS to do.

Really....offended people scare him??
Standing up like a man, scares him??

Fight the culture by refusing to partake, or by simply refusing to give a crap that noises are coming out of their mouths.
Ever see when a dog kind of whines, as if he is trying to talk to you??
You treat it much the same way.

Here is a conversation with the dog.
"Thats a good boy....what are you trying to tell me??"
"Speak....speak real language....come on boy,you can do it boy!!"

So, in this case...I have 0 sympathies for him.
He is like the guy who thinks the dog told him to go burn the house down...and he actually thinks the dog can speak perfect English.

If he was in Guantanamo Bay in the hole getting his ass kicked, I might agree a name change might be a good idea, but for now, I just hope he doesn't have a dog?

0 sympathy from me.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Saw this last night while browsing YouTube.

There have been a lot of channels demonitized by YT over the last year or so, had videos removed, accounts banned, etc, all in the name of PC culture.

Normally at some point earlier in life, something like this would have shocked me.

Now however........I'm not surprised at all.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

Yea, I was thinking that when I watched the video. Especially when he said, "Yea, my last name is offensive, I get it.". I lost all sympathy for his plight at that point.

Also, he has over 2 million followers, so he could easily have hired an attorney and youtube would have backed down quicker than you could imagine with one letter from the attorney.

This is how fascism takes over. When cowards like this guy give in to their ridiculous demands.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Saw this last night while browsing YouTube.

There have been a lot of channels demonitized by YT over the last year or so, had videos removed, accounts banned, etc, all in the name of PC culture.

Normally at some point earlier in life, something like this would have shocked me.

Now however........I'm not surprised at all.

This helps me to understand that Rob is being honest so thanks for this info that supports the OP.

It is like certain words are becoming outlaws. This is very scary indeed and needs to be taken very seriously because of how close language is to the very soul of the human being and their thoughts, attitudes and behaviour. It is an outside force seeking to undermine human choice. We must clearly identify the source of this. Who is imposing this on us?

It is not the digital machine doing it from will because it can only be the slave of human will. We really have to label the culprits or we will not know from where this assault is coming from. We need to know who the snipers are and from where they are firing and what they are firing.

I know already who it is. I am encouraging others to identify the culprit(s). We simply need to state a big NO in their direction. This is something to fight for if we want to really fight for our continued freedom of expression and not have Googlebot tell us how to behave. Googlebot is only doing the bidding of its programmer and the investors in the concern.

No you know! It is "The Investors", a Quinn Martin production! It is to please them only. That is how they rule the world. Corporations are socially engineering us. The government is a potential helper if they get influence there through the Straw Politicians. Right now all they have is Corporate Media. Right now the President is his own brand, Trump Inc!

Obviously it is not coming from government directly as it is happening all over the earth in diverse states and nations. The corporations get to buy their way in to influence as part of the contract. The biggest players on the earth are socially engineering us. They own and run the media, trade and commerce now the governments have sold everything to them. We have handed power effectively from us, the government and the people, to private investors. It is a step down the ladder and not up in many ways. They can tread where governments can't. They are not bound by the status of nation and can operate as free entities who do not have to obey the laws of any nation or being democratically accountable in any degree. They are universally fluid entities that can work in any culture that says yes to this vampire and lets it get a foot in the door.

This is how it all links up. We can invent fancy conspiracy names for them, but the club is a financial one of mutual interests for the world's most powerful investors, a very small clique indeed, but none the less mighty in power and influence, but only in certain places. Algorithms are now a weapon to serve the ends of corporate assimilation of the human at the expense of its very humanity. Our humanity is up for grabs. That began with data farming and harvesting. Now it has become the algorithm of social control. Machine precision psychology is here. Algorithms are now being pschologically programmed with a sociological and pyschological agenda, to achieve psychological and social effects...on us!

edit on 30-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Guess i gotta shave my Van Dyke
No , wait
Hell no.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

well, my friend Ben Dover will likely have a tough time breaking into this industry. And Phil McCrakin need not bother.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
2 things.

First, making a career of being on YouTube. Seriously? How could you look anyone in the eyes, if that was your "career?"

Second. My very conservative brother and his wife had this thing called "TV Guardian." It was a program that monitored the words that were said on whatever program was playing, and if there was an iffy word- foul words or sexual language- it would substitute another word for the offensive one. So, they didn't have the Dick van Dyke Show, they had the Dick van Gay show. Instead of "cock-a-doodle-do" it would be "jerk-a-doodle-do." There are more funny substitutions that I can't remember now.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: soekvg
It seems his last name (Dyke) was offensive and not good for business, so he had to change.

He should have changed it to Lawrence Gaylord.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

There are quite a few YTers who are millionaires from doing YT videos. They also use Patreon and have special perks for members who pay a monthly donation besides the YouTube pay. Imagine have 1 million viewers and 1000 of them kicked in $5 dollars a month Patreon donation to be a supporter of that channel. Big money for those who have the means and personality and content people like to watch.

Wouldn't bother me at all to be raking in that kind of cash and telling someone I am a YTer.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Malak777

Wait until they start writing algorithms to demonize the pronouns like "He" and "She".

That would actually be a good thing. I propose we institute use of those words in a new gender-neutral third-person pronoun, as a contraction of "he or she, it." It would be written like this: h'or'sh'it.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I don't understand...how is his name offensive?

Dyke

A dike or dyke, in geological usage, is a sheet of rock that is formed in a fracture in a pre-existing rock body. Dikes can be either magmatic or sedimentary in origin. Magmatic dikes form when magma flows into a crack then solidifies as a sheet intrusion, either cutting across layers of rock or through a contiguous mass of rock. Clastic dikes are formed when sediment fills a pre-existing crack.[1]

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

So your pride in yourself and career would be based on how much money you get from people making donations. Yes?

No matter how much cash I was pulling in, I would be embarrassed to say that making videos on YouTube was my career.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
My sources tell me that he's changing his name to something less offensive.

Butch McLesbian.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
If people will scream up a storm and get reptile owners demonitized for videos about feeding their snakes frozen thawed prey items, then yes, this does not surprise me at all.

One channel I've been watching with a seriously pleasant and cheerful gal who educates about reptile keeping used to a Friday video called "Feed My Pet Friday" where she would feed one of her snakes or lizards. It was all frozen thawed, and she used to the time to educate about the ins and outs of feeding and caring for that particular animal -- some of them can be really picky.

She had to discontinue that series because YouTube was demontizing and age-gating those videos.

When you rely on YouTube as a part of your business models for various reasons -- advertising, educating, etc. -- then what do you do?

There really do need to be competing platforms.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join