It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Remove - SO HELP ME GOD - From The Swearing-in Oath.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Different issue
An important discussion to be sure
You should start a thread

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns
I'm very flexible in my beliefs, but when you turn your back on the entity that creates and sustains you, (God or your parents), you're screwed!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Malak777

who cares... There is no god watching out for the country.... obviously...

..True, only uninformed, ignorant, low iQ interior decorators...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: carewemust

Good. This is far over due. It needs to me taken off the money as well.

In our day and age the united states is made up of many different faiths and beliefs.

Better that the federal government does not play favorites.

EVERYONE is religious, everyone worships SOMETHING...

"Neutral men are the devil’s allies." ~ Edwin Hubbel Chapin

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: M5xaz

You only criticize and hate in other people what you do not like about your own character.

You mean, the side of me that is a bad interior decorator ?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
GOD is on President Trump's side. Those who are against Donald Trump as our President are against GOD.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Wednesday said that she believes a higher power wanted her boss, Donald Trump, to be elected president.

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that He wanted Donald Trump to become president," Sanders told the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN).
Source: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Good. Get rid of it. Get rid of any mention of God in every bit of our political playground.

I've been right along with you right-wingers in almost every news related topic for months now and then this comes along and I feel like I'm seeing a different group of people. Double down on the separation of church and state, prove to the rest of the world (and more importantly US as Americans) that you really follow the law of the land, literally, and it's got nothing to do with god or God or "God" however you want to write it.

Based off this thread, I'd be led to believe that everyone up in arms over this honestly believes that every republican or conservative to ever swear on the bible and take the oath never lied while doing so. If not, then WHY EVEN GIVE A SH!T?

And for the record, carewemust, I've enjoyed and agreed with many of your posts in the past. Lately you've been posting some fairly paranoid sounding threads and the fear-mongering stuff really, REALLY plays into the stereotype of a typical right-winger. I'm looking forward to your future posts that aren't so "THEY'RE OUT TO GET US!!".

At most, this is the left trolling you guys and it's clearly working. At best, it gets rid of some words that don't belong there and shouldn't have been used to begin with.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Drucifer

Too bad it didn't pass....
Perhaps next time.....if they don't lose control because of the attempt......

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
GOD is on President Trump's side. Those who are against Donald Trump as our President are against GOD.

White House press secretary Sarah Sanders on Wednesday said that she believes a higher power wanted her boss, Donald Trump, to be elected president.

"I think God calls all of us to fill different roles at different times and I think that He wanted Donald Trump to become president," Sanders told the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN).
Source: www.foxnews.com...

Ok, you've gone full loony now.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Drucifer
Good. Get rid of it. Get rid of any mention of God in every bit of our political playground...

We've ALL been trolled my friend, for far FAR too long...

If Atheists were correct, your suggestion might make a lot of sense.

The problem is they are not and covering the truth up is NEVER a good thing.

FYI the Constitution says NOTHING about “separation of church and state”...

It’s not in our Constitution, Bill of Rights, or ANY other of our nation’s founding documents.

"...the introduction and application of the “Separation Between Church and State” doctrine into the fabric of American culture is one of the greatest acts of fraud and deception ever to be perpetrated upon the American people. The doctrine is nothing more than a legal fiction brought into existence only by committing tremendous violence against the founders’ original vision for the country.

The BIG Lie: “Separation of Church and State” (Part 15)

The doctrine or separation of church and state is a fabrication of blatantly liberal, anti-Christian, dishonest, activist judges. In fact, the words,"separation of church and state" are only words taken out of context from a letter written by Thomas Jefferson. They exist nowhere in the laws of our nation.

The Separation of Church and State Hoax

..."separation of church and state" is a gigantic fraud. Why? Because there is no separation of church and state. Government religion is a fact in the United States.

Court Unmasks Secularism as State "Religion"

"...the separation of church and state as understood today is a total fraud. It seems obvious that Founding Fathers vision is completely opposite to that of the ACLU or the liberal courts."

What the Founders believed regarding the Separation of Church and State

"the doctrine of separation of church and state is a scam..."

The Separation of Church and State Hoax

Most political conversations now initiated, concerning the separation of church and state, claim that the separation they speak of is based upon the U.S. Constitution. In reality, this phrase is found nowhere in the Constitution; neither is their argument.

Separation of Church and State: Then and Now

So before we can discuss the constitutionally protected rights of students at school, we have to dispel this sinister myth of the so-called “separation of church and state.” Like the proverbial monster hiding in a child’s closet, the “separation of church and state” is a pure figment of the imagination that has for far too long haunted us. It’s not in our Constitution, Bill of Rights, or any other of our nation’s founding documents.

Dispelling the Church-State Separation Myth at School

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   
God is not a religion.
Religions are interpretations of what God really is.
To a scientist, God could be a particle, or DNA
To a naturalist, God could be the Sun.
Hey, to a hungry person, God could be a bologna sandwich with mayo.
We are all Bozos on this bus, but some people are real clowns.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

200 Million American Supreme Being Believers Pledge that the Leftist Democrats WILL BE Chastised for their Mortal Sins , So Help US God !

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

An excellent example of Democrat Hypocrisy: twitter.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Makes sense -- swearing to God means nothing to non religious people anyways.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:13 AM
link   
"so help me god"

whose god?
who's god?

if it's an open option, then it can stay or go.
If it references a particular god, it has to go...constitutionally,

rather than argue about that.
isn't it more important that an oath seems to mean nothing to those taking it? No matter whose god is in it?

Do you think the word in the oath is referring to a particular god? or one of the many?
There are many gods right?
And if it can be any god, why bother at all?

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Swearing an oath to God (Good) creates and expands Light-energy. Faith is positive/Light-energy.

A written Oath is Light-symbolism, and when written with sincerity/Faith, it places Light-energy wherever it is printed/written.

Remember that people already have the choice to decline swearing on oath. No-one is forced. There is no need to remove the written words when you can simply ask someone if they want to verbally swear on oath or not. Removing the written words will still offer the same options: do you want to swear on oath or not? So why the importance in removing the written oath too when it will change nothing?

The ones who will remove the written oath thrive on dark/negative energies: hate, division, war, misery, inequality, oppression, despair, death, etc. The emotions we feel is actually our spiritual energy: you feel bad/sad/hate, you're feeling the dark/negative energy. You feel happy/content/hope/love - you're feeling the Light-energy. We are creators of spiritual energy.

TPTB believe 'dark/Light energies' are absolutely real and powerful. That's why it's imperative they remove Light-symbolism, or the written oath, from the Justice system, and all the system. They don't need to 'bring in' their dark ways, such as replacing an oath to God for an oath to satan, no they don't need to do anything obvious like that. They just have to remove/dim the Light-energy, remove the oath: The absence of Light, is darkness.

Also, as long as the oath is 'written-in' so-to-speak, then people have to be given the choice to swear on it or not. When it's removed, I would imagine the obligation to offer people the choice is also removed.

Just my thoughts.

edit on 31-1-2019 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

This is precisely why God will bring judgement to them soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid

EVERYONE is religious, everyone worships SOMETHING...

Nonsense
edit on 31-1-2019 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-1-2019 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm sick of religion being part of government, I swear to god

Let's be realistic: how does "so help me god" keep anyone honest? If you think it has bearing on most peoples' behavior, you're living in a fantasy world; you will be unhappy for most of your life because people will take advantage of your trust.

Good riddance, I say.

It's little different from Islamic sharia law--from the standpoint of religion being the ultimate authority.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join