It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Remove - SO HELP ME GOD - From The Swearing-in Oath.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
January 30, 2019

I believe this is a "trial balloon" floated by Democrats, since they are now the Majority Party in the U.S. House. If there are not many complaints, every House committee will follow suit.

A draft of a new committee rules package expected to be approved this week would strike the phrase, “So help me God,” from the oath witnesses take when they testify before the House Committee on Natural Resources.
More at: www.breitbart.com...

I don't know the logic behind omitting the name of our creator from the, "I swear to tell the truth" oath. But Democrats will pay a "divine price" for doing so.

Add the removal of "God" from oaths, to passing laws enabling legal murder of God's children, at any time before birth, and Democrats are looking at party extinction.

Turning a blind eye to the damage done to Americans by Illegal Aliens and Illegal Drugs coming here from Mexico, is accelerating the Democratic party's journey to oblivion.

-CareWeMust

edit on 1/30/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
One lady took God out of schools years ago, so now one person is taking God out of Govt. No big deal. Not at all if you think about. Why is God so important anyway. What a joke, God in school, God in Govt. , heck I rather see the Muslim God in Schools and Govt. You know, kill those that are against their religion. Its happening now in America.
Without a creator of good will to be on the leaders mind, only destruction awaits that nation.
You think I'm joking... wait and see. Kids today turn in their parents even for not letting them watch tv with swear words on. Sick I tell ya.
America maybe doomed as us older generation knows it. Times change and in this case time changes like a hurricane.

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Who cares?

It's optional when swearing in to the military, has been for at least 20 years probably longer.

If someone doesn't believe in gods, having them say the words isn't going change anything. And if someone wants to swear to a god they still can.

This is the kind of manufactured outrage the leftists like to use. It's stupid regardless of your political or religious affiliation.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

I'm not refuting. It was predicted in the Bible. Moral decline until.. POOF. THE END.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Opinion noted. As always, there are those who will agree and disagree. That's one of the nice things about freedom of speech and free will.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I'm not refuting. It was predicted in the Bible. Moral decline until.. POOF. THE END.

I have zero faith in this higher power, and yet... The democrats aren't removing this because God doesn't exist.

They're removing it because they're afraid of repercussions to their beyond criminal actions.

Moral decline in government... Ugh. What a mess they've made.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:10 AM
link   

If they want to lie, no oath is going to make a difference. They are mostly lawyers, after all.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   

The United States isn't, and never should be a religious or Christian / Catholic nation. You're free to practice any religion you want, but it should stay OUT of government completely.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
god says that all liars will have a place in the lake of fire, don't think he cares weather an oath was involved or not.

those who believe in god shouldn't either.
those who don't won't care one way or the other.

seems like only ones that do are those who fear that their all-powerful god is so weak that mere mortal men can somehow block god's spirit from moving where his wills to go, doing what he wills to do. or maybe they fear that god doesn't really want what they want him to want so they try to force their view of his wants into manifestation.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

The United States isn't, and never should be a religious or Christian / Catholic nation. You're free to practice any religion you want, but it should stay OUT of government completely.

Yes. As long as we pursue the Jewish agenda.

Aftershock// President Trump Has Shattered Jews' American Idyll

Anti-BDS Bill Passes Another Senate Hurdle in Additional Vote

and on and on...

The point is not anti Antisemitism. It's that you can't separate your values from who you are. This country is a former British colony. Christian values permeated every aspect of their thinking. Maybe it's different now and other religions and cultures come into play but you can't completely ban all religious concepts from government. All you can do is prohibit a state religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Are you familiar with the concept of the separation of church and state?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Sure...the state shall not prohibit free practice of religion.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

The ultimate equation of removing G-D from everything that matters (the most important issues like politics that determines the very course of our nations) is that we end up with a completely G-Dless system. It then becomes obvious that Marxism or any derivative of is the fairest kind of government without a religious identity. I think we are drifting into totalitarian machine Marxism. There will be an incrowd who get certain benefits of contacts and leverage and there will be the rest of us living as machine controlled peasants. If scientists were the best politicians we would have one sitting in Trump's chair, but they are not. The cold science of G-Dless state is empty and will end up as stagnant as USSR era communism at its worst.

We are losing identity and gaining nothing. We are being turned into battery cells for big business to function with machine precision and expectation. People are now even changing their behaviour to match the logistics of the machine. The loss of our humanity has begun. This is just one more little move in that direction. We will end up sexless, genderless, godless, critters as the very coinage of those who buy and sell us right over our very heads. Everyday we are bought and sold. If you looked to see then you would see that.

All I am seeing in recent development is our swift automation. Humanity itself is being digitized truly.

edit on 30-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

If you're going to quote Jefferson then include the whole quote please.

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties."

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I hate to tell you but not everybody believes in your creator theory and swearing to an imaginary god is akin to swearing to the easter bunny or the tooth fairy. So it really doesnt matter if they take it out. To many it doesnt mean a thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Eisenhower included 'In God We Trust' on our money in 1957. I believe a federal court ruled that this was NOT unconstitutional and could stay as recent as 2018. I would suspect that this swearing in oath will follow the same path...it will be determined that there is no conflict nor is it unconstitutional and will remain.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What exactly does removing that phrase have to do with "moral decline"? Seems very far fetched.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

And religion will not prohibit the actions of the state.
Swearing to an entity you don't believe in is stupid and doesn't accomplish anything.
and obviously from what we see in the news swearing to a sneaker would be just as effective to get some people to tell the truth to congress.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Malak777

who cares... There is no god watching out for the country.... obviously...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy

Exactly and here the Dems are removing it for all Democrats, even the religious ones. It is not free practice of religion when one has to hide it at work and not be allowed to express ourselves spiritually. How many work places now frown upon religious expression and don't let workers have that right? I mean if I where a Crucifix openly I will no doubt offend certain members of the public. Which is the offense? Is it the wearing of the Crucifix or the person deciding it is an offense to them that somebody else is demonstrating their faith publicallly. For me religious expression is not an offense.

This is the central problem I have with Liveralism. It is hypocritical. It is demonzing one thing in favour of another. It is no better than the worst kind of former persecution that it fought so hard to counter.

edit on 30-1-2019 by Malak777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join