It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats going on with Firefox addon's???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:33 AM
link   
In recent times I cannot find one single click and download app that will just download the video playing on YouTube and does what it says in the write up.

Downloading via FF has become a nightmare. I've tried about 10-12 apps in the last 3-4 months.

It seems there is a proliferation of split down loaders whereby the video and the audio are downloaded in separate tracks and stitched together again.

There was time when downloading videos was just a matter of right click and choose download and it would start downloading

Something has happened or Have I just missed something??
thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   
just use the download on youtube
Use VLC to watch it

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
just use the download on youtube
Use VLC to watch it

Yes; I've been doing that but I've also noticed many videos these days cannot be downloaded from youtube because there is no download button to use. I'm thinking that would be because its on someones channel.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:16 AM
link   
You missed the part where developers are increasingly looking for kickbacks, even when those kickbacks mean exploiting their user base via ads and spyware... And now malware.

This sort of garbage was well known way back when- the basic story being humans cannot be trusted. When Napster became a thing the word spread- I'm told "lime wire" was its second coming, another way to spread malice.

I've even seen fridge "memes" lately, showing that people go to sites and can't even determine the "download" button that's from that site vs a malicious ad to ruin their day.

I applaud you efforts to download and archive data- but the correct the record folks have more funding than you can imagine and they've taken it upon themselves to make your efforts moot.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

seems like our download days, or at least downloading what we want to watch is gone. Perhaps we are entering an era where we have to watch their indoctrination video first then we can watch the one we want to watch.

thanks

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:45 AM
link   
i've used firefox for over 10 years
one of the updates last year made it so slow i don't use it anymore

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   
As Firefox is updated , the out of date plugins are disabled . You have to match versions of plugins with the level of Firefox
And , Firefox just got updated about a week ago

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I use XDM (Xtreme Download Manager) which takes over 'most' downloads, and scans 'most' pages for video content and gives you the option to download it. Works perfectly for youtube.

Sadly, with web extensions, old addons don't work and some developers are finding it difficult to work with new restrictions to bring them into FF quantum. Was enough to make me use waterfox for a while.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

You could give youtube-dl a look. It requires python but that's easy enough to install.

It's a command line program (there may be a GUI out there too) that does one thing. It downloads the highest resolution and sound quality videos direct to your PC in (if memory serves) MP4 format. These can then be played with VLC.

I've only used it with Linux and it works like a charm. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
THIS program works perfectly.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   

edit on 1/30/19 by Gothmog because: nvm

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I use online YT download websites.

Just cut and paste the link and save.

Some videos will download.

Some won't.

Just depends.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
JDownloader2 Adware Free Setup
Link

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Use "Oneclickdownloads" for YouTube. Various formats, speeds and either in full, or even make MP3's from the videos themself.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Use Freemake Video Downloader...all you do is paste the youtube link

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:13 AM
link   
thanks for that - dowloading now

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
JDownloader2 Adware Free Setup
Link

thanks; downloading now

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Use TubeMate 2.4.3. That's what I use and it works great .

posted on May, 21 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Best Firefox Add-ons for Android. ... Just like the desktop alternative, Firefox's Android redundancy also holds plenty of add-ons. Unnecessary to say, such add-ons help users remove the most out of the browser. You can use these add-ons to improve your web browsing experience on Android.

new topics

top topics

join