It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apollo 11 Trailer: Never-Before-Seen NASA Footage Becomes a Stunning Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   

From director Todd Douglas Miller (Dinosaur 13) comes a cinematic event fifty years in the making. Crafted from a newly discovered trove of 65mm footage, and more than 11,000 hours of uncatalogued audio recordings, Apollo 11 takes us straight to the heart of NASA’s most celebrated mission—the one that first put men on the moon, and forever made Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin into household names. Immersed in the perspectives of the astronauts, the team in Mission Control, and the millions of spectators on the ground, we vividly experience those momentous days and hours in 1969 when humankind took a giant leap into the future.

yeah, the video says "70mm" while the description says "65mm". still, never before seen footage? NASA, you're such a messy organization.

..or did someone "find" that footage on purpose?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   
phaw... that looks AWESOME! I love Apollo 11 stuff...

thanks, i had no idea - ill be looking for it local.

Incase anyone hasnt seen this gem:

Apollo 11 launch in Ultra Slow Motion 16mm HD

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:09 AM
link   
65mm footage, and more than 11,000 hours of uncatalogued audio recordings

Shouldn't it all be available to the public since they paid?

I thought they destroyed it all?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

It is available. You just need to know where to look.

And no, they didn't destroy it all - the telemetry tapes were lost, presumed over-written for Apollo 11. The were re-used because they already had everything they needed from them and they no longer served any purpose.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
65mm and 70mm are two names for the same format: en.wikipedia.org...

I wasn't aware there was 65mm footage from Apollo, only the still images from their Hasselblads.

top topics

join