It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Word From A FedGov

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
There were a lot of stories about furloughed workers during the partial shutdown. I am not here to argue the merits or pitfalls of such a shutdown, rather here to offer an observation.

I hope that the American people, communities, and the businesses they run, offer support such as they did during the shutdown(s).

I dont ever remember, though maybe it did happen, banks offering such generous leniency when my father was laid off. I dont remember the free meals being offered to families of laid off workers. The pop up food banks, the outcry of "support".

Maybe those did happen and maybe they just were not publicised like they were a mere few days ago such as they were during the partial shutdown.

Just hope everyone holds to that type of community when it's the other side of the economy if and when it turns down.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: ownbestenemy

Uh, Okay.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Just an observation. If your response is "uh okay" why even respond?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Go the true America!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   
quite simply when layoffs from normal businesses occur it is not a political game being promoted by the MSM and political hacks. and therefore there are no political points to be scored by helping those effected. where with this shutdown all that support for the workers was also considered support for the democrats who caused the whole thing.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Maybe your advice will be helpful during the next shutdown. Should start in less than 3 weeks.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Everything today is politics. No subject can be broached without political jabs.

However, people being kind and good to those less fortunate should always be congratulated. It stills shows our humanity to our own kind and are we really going to politicize that?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think there are more good people in the world than bad and when push comes to shove, people, communities, businesses, etc. they all come together to support one another. I've seen it over and over again. I think this has always been the case but yeah... with so much media, social and otherwise around we just see more of it now.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The OP has a point and one that got pointed out by myself several times.

Why were the government workers so special. No one rolls out the red carpet to any other class of workers when they come under adverse conditions in their financial lives because of work disruptions. No one stands in any kind of solidarity with them or feels bad for them beyond saying, "That sucks, dude."

You're expected to get on with your life and pick up the pieces. You're expected to use the usual avenues open to you during those times and move on.

top topics

join