It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Polar Vortex proof of...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Right, so a bunch of articles from the 1970's that did not have access to the latest data and scientific information are still 100% accurate, whilst the present day findings of modern climatologists have to be completely incorrect and influenced by a mysterious shadowy cabal of politicians. Of course.
Did you bother to find out what made the polar vortex shift or is that perfectly normal as well?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Dude I WISH it was only - 26 here.
We have a cold warning for -40 to -50 C this morning in northern Ontario.
Im looking forward to next week when we get "Warmer" temps.
As in - 30 C
Because im in remote mine site, we don't have the actual weather forecast for the area.
The closest area is Raith Ontario - which is an hour south.
We use this location then subtract another 5 degrees.
So it's around the -50 C mark with the windchill up here.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

It was a couple articles for reference.

Not all of them are older than you...

If you had read the links, you would know that.

Thanks for making assumptions based on nothing but your own personal bias. Maybe next time go over the info and see that I'm providing multiple sources to back up a side of a debate that has proof.

Where as... where's your global warming info countering my data that goes back decades?

See my point now?

Where as you believe anything modern politically appointed, alleged scientists say, but did you ever ponder the fact they are paid to do so?

Where is the evidence before it became a buzzword in the last ten years?

I've been around 4 decades and this global warming is bs if you ask me. But yeah, let me take the word of people who haven't even been alive half the time I have.

Please give us the answers to life oh young one, while you know everything now....

See how that works, both ways because life is a two way street.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

You could be icefishing with that kind of chill!

Yo dog, it's cold outside.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Ohh yeah.

Im that Polar V-tex bad boy up here.

If you don't wrap a scarf around your junk, they will simply freeze and break off...most likely shattering upon impact.
Baby, its cold outside.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Actually old bean I'm 48 years old and I've seen the winters here in the UK get warmer and warmer.
Here's a quick explanation of what the polar vortex is.
And then here's a handy explanation of global climate change from the Royal Society.
Now let's take a look at what NASA says about global climate change.
And just for laughs here's something from skepticalscience.com, which is sceptical about the scepticism about global climate change.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Globally the number of record highs still far out number the record lows.

Meanwhile in New Zealand Heat wave breaks second 157 year old record.
edit on 30-1-2019 by jrod because: Nz

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

At the same time, I looked at seasonal forecasts for winter from people who actually understand weather who predicted that it would be cold and that there would be hit and miss snows where I am at. Those people are so far spot on. The only thing they missed was the streak of above average through mid to late December. But October, November and now into January and what looks like February are projected to be colder than average and we've had spotty snows anywhere from really bad to 2 to 3" hits.

So I stopped paying attention to the "official" government mouthpieces for these things and started listening to the smaller guys who understand weather more. They've been better at this stuff.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Globally the number of record highs still far out number the record lows.

Meanwhile in New Zealand Heat wave breaks second 157 year old record.

And at the same time, we're still seeing record lows. If Global Warming were the thing it was projected to be, there wouldn't be snow or record cold. We were told by the official mouthpieces those things would cease to be. And don't bother denying it, you know that's true. You have to remember it as well as most of the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Actually old bean I'm 48 years old and I've seen the winters here in the UK get warmer and warmer.
Here's a quick explanation of what the polar vortex is.
And then here's a handy explanation of global climate change from the Royal Society.
Now let's take a look at what NASA says about global climate change.
And just for laughs here's something from skepticalscience.com, which is sceptical about the scepticism about global climate change.

Yes ... the Global Warming displaces cold so it gets colder where it shouldn't be to heat up where it shouldn't be hot idea.

How about persistent high pressure allows part of the cold to spin off the high level cold and spin south in places. It isn't the entire Arctic air mass that spins south, only parts of it. They dub it the Polar Vortex and make it sound scary, but it's really like watching smaller water vortices spin off the main whirlpool. The main vortex hasn't gone anywhere.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
We should just forget about this stuff and go back to predicting weather by watching bugs and animals.

"Weather Wise" Animals Predict Weather
1:38

Many more

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
10:30 AM and -13 Here in Southwest Michigan. High winds feels like -42 they say. I can't see Lake Michigan less than 100 feet away. The ice was extended out over a mile yesterday but can't see that far today. In the 40's next week so a typical winter here.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
cable must be frozen

edit on 30-1-2019 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
10:30 AM and -13 Here in Southwest Michigan. High winds feels like -42 they say. I can't see Lake Michigan less than 100 feet away. The ice was extended out over a mile yesterday but can't see that far today. In the 40's next week so a typical winter here.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
10:30 AM and -13 Here in Southwest Michigan. High winds feels like -42 they say. I can't see Lake Michigan less than 100 feet away. The ice was extended out over a mile yesterday but can't see that far today. In the high 40's next week so a typical winter here.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

That picture of the earth appears to be round, this is a fallacy the earth is flat like a platter...come on ATS you are better than this.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
KC is sitting at -4 at the moment with wind chills down to -10 to -15. We're on the edge of this cold shot.

Compared to some of you, I ought to be in my bikini, sitting on my lawn chair, getting a tan. All I need is a fancy little cocktail with an umbrella.

We're all socked up inside with our comfy clothes on. The schools decided not to make kiddos wait for the buses this morning. Lots of parents don't have proper warm weather gear, and it's no fun getting to school with frostbite.

I'm just lucky. Since it's my birthday tomorrow, I naturally have two days scheduled off for "me" time.

edit on 30-1-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Well in that case.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniformKilo
a reply to: toms54

That picture of the earth appears to be round, this is a fallacy the earth is flat like a platter...come on ATS you are better than this.

Tell CBS, it's their picture.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy
I thought all this was sorted when they changed it from "Global Warming" to "Climate Change"?

It was. They changed it to “weather extremes” or something like that a few years ago

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join