It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dream That Was.. Different. Terrifying.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I'd like to start by saying that I am no stranger to having fairly involved and vivid dreams and have a life-long history with exploring the dream-state. That will be a topic for another thread at some point but to give you some idea, more times than I can count throughout my life I've had dreams that end up being a perfect snapshot of some, usually inconsequential, future event. I've lived lifetimes in my dreams, where months or years have gone by in a single night and I wake up feeling exhausted, though I've slept the night through. I've entered other people's dreams (though so far not intentionally) to help them in some way and have had them mention it or thank me for it after the fact (in 'real' life). I've had dreams where I'm completely outside myself or am dreaming through the eyes of a totally different person where the actual me has no bearing or relevance to anything going on.. Just to give a few examples so you understand a bit more of my own frame of reference and history with dreaming, in the context of the one I'm about to share.

Thankfully, nightmares or bad dreams are quite a rarity for me.. I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a negative dream in my almost 36 years. There was one night however, one “dream” that I had that I'm not still fully convinced wasn't something more, or something else entirely. I still remember it clear as day although this is going back a handful of years, when I lived in this little apartment before I bought the house I'm currently in. The bedroom had these great, big bay windows that my bed faced which gave a really beautiful and unobstructed view overlooking the town I live in and the mountains surrounding us, quite close in the backdrop. I live in a small little town in the Kootenay Rockies of BC, Canada.

So one night, I woke up in the middle of the night and my eyes were drawn to the windows. They had these cheapo bamboo blinds covering them which were rolled down at night to block out a bit of light, but you could still see pretty clearly through. There were all these points of light that I could see, moving around behind the blinds so I got up out of bed and moved to the window to get a better look. I left the blinds down as I could peek around them to get a decent view and when I did, I could see all these balls of light, maybe two or three dozen, flying around in the air all over above the town, swooping low over houses and back up, illuminated against the dark backdrop of the mountains.

After watching for a few moments, I started to hear all these different voices coming from all over town, all screaming. No words, just these terrifying, terrified screams. At that point, even though I was standing there in the dark still behind the blinds and there weren't any lights in my immediate area that I could see, I got a sense that “they” (whoever/whatever the balls of light were) had become aware that I was watching and was aware of them. Then the terror hit.. In an instant I was completely overcome by this white hot, blinding sense of abject terror, the likes of which I have never even come close to experiencing a fraction of in my life, either before or after this, whether in waking life or in dream. It was like this visceral terror that I could feel right down to the cellular level that consumed me to my very core and was all I was aware of. I started screaming.. as if every fibre of my entire being was reacting to this monstrosity of horror that was happening and was trying to escape from the physical present through the vocal release of a never ending scream that seemed to last forever..

And then I woke up. ..I sat up for a minute then got out of bed, still shaking from the remnants of the terror my mind had just experienced and looked outside.. everything was as it should be, my little town quietly and peacefully sleeping through the night, with no hint of anything being amiss, whether with me or anything/anyone else.

I have never had a false awakening either before or after this and to this day, over 6 years later, I can still feel a shadow of the terror that engulfed me that night when I think about it. I'm feeling shaky even now from the writing of this account, just in the remembering of it.

I've since had trouble classifying this event as simply a dream, though of course it could be just that.. perhaps it was one of the dreams where I will get a snapshot of some future event although I doubt that as the dream took place specifically where I lived at the time which is different than I do now and whenever I do get those future snapshot dreams, they're exact in their portrayal of the event although often times I don't understand them at the time because I don't understand the context of what is happening. Sleep Paralysis? That one I have a hard time with as well because I wasn't paralyzed in the dream and was (what I thought) fully conscious and moving around until I woke up for real the second time. Alien abduction and/or incursion that no one has memory of? Not outside the realm, I guess.. I've been at a bit of a loss with this one since it happened, being so unlike anything I've ever experienced and so different from literally every single other dream I've ever had in my life.

Anyways, I've been meaning to put this particular dream out on here for discussion for a while now.. in my own trying to make sense of or understand it, perhaps someone will be able to share a different perspective on it. I welcome any thoughts.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's my belief that 3rd dimensional workers of light bear witness to the passage of The Fallen by way of Pineal Gland function in the 3rd dimensional dream state.

The screams from the balls of light, if witnessed by myself as you described, would be chalked up to witnessing a small group of higher dimensional energy's being placed back into the 3rd dimension. Those balls of light likely found residence within the Pineal Gland of a new vessel soon after your dream.

The Fallen are often not in the 3rd dimension by choice... so says dreams of my own.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Iknow your dream was nothing superficial.... but I just watched a 'Netflix Movie', a Si-Fy pic which had the Earth (Los Angeles) invaded by those street intersection sized balls-of-light, which absorbed the people who were transfixed by the mesmerizing light emissions (and separated the brain from the victimized human body) and inserted into Android lifeforms who battled as Soldiers of the Invasion Force.

perhaps your dream is a highly stylized version of a future event (prophecy, prediction)

to my rational mind.... the dream state is a portal to higher or lower spirit worlds....many train in the mastery of meditating to enter the Dream-Time.... i had never needed drumming & stuff to achieve an altered state, tyvm

interesting OP

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Have you looked in the paper or online to see if there was an accident or tragedy of any kind on that night? It just reminds me of maybe something like that... the screams not necessarily coming from those who might have passed but of others learning or witnessing the event?

And St. Udio... what was that movie? Sounds interesting!

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

movie title: Skyline

time: 1 hr 33 min.

sci-fi action thriller

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban
That's actually an interesting idea that I hadn't considered.. that what I'd experienced could have been more perceiving things on the 3rd dimensional or energetic/soul level. I'm going to have to dwell on and explore that one a bit more. Thanks for that!

My perception was that the screams were coming from the people in town as a result of or in response to the balls of light, not coming from the light itself.. though all I was really aware of was all the screaming, not specifically where it originated from so it's possible that it did come from the lights.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio
Haven't seen that movie yet but it sounds like an interesting premise! I had thought it might be a prophetic dream of some sort.. but I've tried not to dwell on that particular notion as I'm not overly fond of the idea of experiencing again what I did that night, or even close to it.

I absolutely do believe that dream state can allow you to access higher and lower or different worlds/dimensions/timelines, in addition to being a tool for assisting our own subconscious to sort out all our perpetual crap. I also think there are a lot of layers to dream-state though.. going all the way from the surface level, subconscious sorting itself out type stuff, down to being able to access different dimensions or or worlds, astral travel, etc. I've often thought that the dream-state itself is really just the pure form of collective consciousness and energetic creation/manifestation, which allows us to create our realities and/or travel between them as we are temporarily unbound to the physical and physical laws.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl
I actually did poke around a bit in the news a few days after this, looking for something that I could attribute it to but didn't find anything. I'd thought that it was possibly something like that but it was like the entire town was screaming in terror, not just a couple people so unless there was a mass, collective affecting event that I missed happening, I don't believe it was related to some specific news event or some such, at least nothing that I could trace it to at the time.

posted on Jan, 31 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sonder

Purgatory may seem as a one way thoroughfare, but serves dimensions of many varieties and or levels. The frequency limits of the 3rd dimension tends to serve little compassion for what occurs on fields of vibration beyond that of the 3rd dimension. Sadly, Pineal Gland calcification and diminished function within almost all humans leads us to beg to know more of such miraculous possibilities of clear channel communication between dimensions.

Perhaps the screams were not specifically from the sources of light, but were of a struggle to birth a new 3rd dimensional being? Birthing a child while remaining silent would be a feat of strength that no human would likely pursue. At the same time, one of the first sounds a newborn child will emit is a scream that indicates horror has just occurred. Miscarriages and or birth defects can further signal uncontrollable emotions... even from those acting as spectators to the event(s).

The lacking of baritone screams, indicating an adult male's presence, may indicate my theories a bit more to the probable side? This would not serve as too much data accuracy as it is a reality that adult males scream in agony as well... they are just less likely to break down emotionally is all.

The Fallen, which return to the 3rd dimension by choice more times than not and further go on to be lucky enough to survive to maturity tend to find re-connections to dimensional awareness beyond the scope and measure of the 3rd dimension. One who is able to hold experiences beyond the event horizon of human vessel occupation is well practiced in such arenas... likely spending many lifetimes repeating the cycles of life. Toddlers tend to stare at such individuals as if they are alien and parental at the same time.

What you speak of in this thread is a gift of limitless value. Removal of fear and suffering of such great possibilities may yield similar witness, but result in a reaction that is of the opposite extreme.

Merry Dreaming!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2019 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I agree that Sci-fi movies and overuse of Netflix are affecting our dreams. Most of the time, we take our dreams so serious but keep in mind, our eating and sleeping habits also influence our dreams. By the way, what do you eat that night before watching this dream?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Apologies for the terribly late reply and for just now getting back to this. There could very well have been some king of other dimensional interaction going on for the intensity of the experience, very hard to say as it wasn't something I really have a frame of reference for.

There were also male/baritone voices screaming.. it was literally like the entire town was losing their minds, men, women and children all alike with different voices but all the same in their absolute terror for whatever was happening. It still unnerves me to think of it to this day, years later.

I also think dreaming is a gift and is something we should be exploring a lot more consciously than we do

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: KindraKolehmainen

I haven't had a TV in years and while I have had Netflix in the past, I never really watched it that much when I did. There wasn't anything out of the ordinary in normal life (food included) that I could attribute it to at the time, and I certainly tried. Wouldn't have put this out here for discussion if I'd watched some big Alien invasion blockbuster the night before and it was that simple

new topics

top topics

join