It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmakers warn of 'deepfake' videos ahead of 2020 election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Look out voters here comes the new technology aimed at your thoughts !!!

It's the "deepfake" tech that will convince you something is real when it isn't and still look real.

Video manipulation almost undetectable too 🤣

Democrats gonna have fun with this 🤣

Be aware. Be very aware.

Adam Schiff says this could be deployed by malicious foreign actors !!!!!!!!! roflol

Lawmakers warn of 'deepfake' videos ahead of 2020 election

An increasing number of lawmakers are warning that a form of video manipulation, known as deepfakes, could be the next stage of information warfare ahead of the 2020 US Presidential election.

Deepfake video is hyper-realistic manipulated video made using artificial intelligence technology. Deepfakes can be so convincing it can be difficult to determine what has been manipulated and what has not.

The Department of Defense, through the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), has commissioned researchers across the United States to begin developing ways to detect when a video is a deepfake. CNN spoke to some of those working on the project for a special report published Monday.

"just in time for the Kamala Harris campaigh too !!"

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So in other words, any video that makes us look bad is a deep fake.

Way to, transparently, try to get out ahead of your dirty laundry.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well now we are screwed liberals believe anything they hear without doing research. This is gonna lead to some bad shtit

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I heard someone tried to do a deepfake video of pelosi, straight crashed the system and burned out the hard drive.

I guess even this amazing technology has it's limits.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock
Without a doubt, my immediate reaction is to wonder what very-real videos are they afraid might get released before the next election?

I'm guessing it will involve Ed Buck, a now-dead black male prostitute, and at least one current member of congress.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
I heard someone tried to do a deepfake video of pelosi, straight crashed the system and burned out the hard drive.

I guess even this amazing technology has it's limits.

That's hilarious, because it is (AI) became self aware, saw Nancy Pelosi, and killed itself.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Democrats trying to get out ahead of the videos that are going to come out.

Expect to hear A LOT about Deepfake in the next 6 months as the Left and their media lapdogs hammer it into the public subconciousness that any videos THEY say are fake, are fake.

I expect that Adam 'Standard Hotel' Schiff is desperately pushing this ploy to cover his own butt for what's coming.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
"Deepfake"

Did the deep state name it?

Sounds a little too on par with the narrative.

I'd get used to it, it's the whole purpose of AI "for good".

News will be even more canned in the future.

Obama legalized propaganda, Trump didn't reverse it, we're all getting played.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This will make very little difference to those on the left.
Total refusal to research or look for the ‘whole story’ is kind of their playbook.
Regardless if a video is deepfaked, cut and edited, manipulated or flat out staged, they’re gonna buy it.

Every.

Single.

Time.

Unless it’s the actual whole unedited footage from a non-biased source. Then it’s ‘fake news’.

MAGA (six more years is guaranteed)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Adam Schiff, this traitor HERE?

It should be a funny summer... Trump has video of a lot of dirt by many well positioned dems. Obviously the dems want to use a "deepfake" filter to debunk the videos, something like screaming racist at a video. At which point the dems will make real deepfake videos of trump et al and trump will of course debunk those videos. Nobody will know what is real, remember "reasonable doubt."

I think the object here is to create as much confusion as possible so all of the guilty parties walk away unscathed collecting their kickbacks and golden parachute pensions. Personally, I'd like to see treason charges, court hearings and if found guilty, actual executions (not deepfake executions). Maybe by actually upholding the existing law within the realm of politics and congress critters, none of us will have these ridiculous preventable parasitic problems hanging around.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/29.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

So the video of Kamala giving Willie Brown a roll in the SF Mayor's office will be pushed by the Dems as being fake when it is leaked, is what Schiff is saying?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yea and at that, basic ass covering propaganda and psyop. Perfected in Leninist Russia years ago to cover their ass as the years went by. Oh yea 20 years later and it was still the Nicolas that caused every thing to date.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Hmmm... I wonder if Schiffy would agree the Buzzfeed video of RBG leaving her condo in DC last week was suspect?

God these people are mental midgets running an entire party of imbecilic sheep.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Yea and at that, basic ass covering propaganda and psyop. Perfected in Leninist Russia years ago to cover their ass as the years went by. Oh yea 20 years later and it was still the Nicolas that caused every thing to date.

Well, Obama spent 8 years blaming his predecessor for every challenge he encountered trying to fumble his way through a presidency, so... yeah, they definitely took their lessons from Lenin and company.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Look out voters here comes the new technology aimed at your thoughts !!!

It's the "deepfake" tech that will convince you something is real when it isn't and still look real.

Gone are the good old days when Factcheck could just cleverly crop a photo of something and then report that it's a photo of something else.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Old news, brother.

I was reading about this last year.

Our government has probably had it for at least ten years.

Everything media based is geared towards consumers. Even here on ATS.

I think Hefficide made a post about all types of media and how we have been conned for years.

Y'all just keep thinking everything you see or read is the truth or real.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The information age has come, kicked ass, and already fled the scene. AI bot trolls have been pissing forum posters off for years now. People think they are bickering with another human when getting into heated debates, but it may more likely be a software program that is learning trigger points. Humans bleed truth when their emotions are steering the ship, and are just as easily quick to hold onto information that may benefit them. AI needs humans to get pissed to quicken the processes of adapting.

The next age swooping in is the augmented age. I envision this age, merely 10 years in, to require validation as to which world the source of information is operating from... the human world, the augmented world, or the virtual world.

Logic tells me to not trust words that are posted on this site let alone the images and videos I will judge upon in years to come.

If the amygdala serves the prefrontal cortex instead of vice versa in the augmented age, as it does in the bulk of humans, AI will crumble their perceived realities to living realities as schizophrenic beings.

It doesn't even need to be made fake... the simple edit/removal of a single word changes the reality of the information presented.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Old news, brother.

I was reading about this last year.

Our government has probably had it for at least ten years.

Everything media based is geared towards consumers. Even here on ATS.

I think Hefficide made a post about all types of media and how we have been conned for years.

Y'all just keep thinking everything you see or read is the truth or real.

Yeah but there was some big Congressional hearings today about this 🤣

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

Well now we are screwed liberals believe anything they hear without doing research. This is gonna lead to some bad shtit

All of the anti Hillary fake news stories here on ATS, tell a completely different story!

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

originally posted by: Themaskedbeast

All of the anti Hillary fake news stories here on ATS, tell a completely different story!

So fake it's all "classified at the time" bwaaaahahaha 🤣

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join