It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Created in "His Image" - the meaning of this and what we can take from it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
How Can Man Be in God’s Image?

“GOD proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.” So says the inspired record, but what does it mean? How were the first man and woman created in God’s image?​—Genesis 1:27.

Were they physically like God? No, that is impossible. Man is human, fleshly, designed to live on the earth. God is spirit, living in unimaginable heavenly glory that no human can even approach. (Exodus 33:18-20; 1 Corinthians 15:50) How, then, was man made in God’s image? In that man was given the ability to exercise God’s outstanding attributes​—love, justice, wisdom, and power—​as well as other qualities.

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

How Can Man Be in God’s Image?

“GOD proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.” So says the inspired record, but what does it mean? How were the first man and woman created in God’s image?​—Genesis 1:27. Were they physically like God? No, that is impossible. Man is human, fleshly, designed to live on the earth. God is spirit, living in unimaginable heavenly glory that no human can even approach. (Exodus 33:18-20; 1 Corinthians 15:50) How, then, was man made in God’s image? In that man was given the ability to exercise God’s outstanding attributes​—love, justice, wisdom, and power—​as well as other qualities.

This depends upon how you were taught and from what source the teachings come. Most people will not accept any teachings except their religious authority.

I made a short thread awhile back and called it "Torah and Skins" -- here is my OP ---------------

Torah and Skins

In reading written Torah I read –
Genesis 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

I then reread oral Torah of of MeAm Loez and read –
Genesis 3:21 – God made shirts of skin for Adam and his wife and He clothed them.

The oral Torah tells us that God took the skin that the serpent had shed and made it into clothing for Adam and his wife. He clothed them with it so that they would not be naked.

Some say that God created an animal known as the Tachash which has a very bright, colorful skin. This skin was later used for the covering of the Tabernacle that the Israelites built in the desert [see Exodus 25:5]. It was of the skin of this animal that God made clothing for Adam and Eve.

I still had no definite theological proof of which, if any, of the two stories were correct. Rabbi then told me to look into the book of bro’shoth [bro-shot] meaning “beginning” or at the forefront or perhaps the first.

As I read bro’shoth and read where Ezra the scribe opened his mouth and drank of the wisdom of God, he [Ezra] then wrote
Adam Chuah RI’Shon” – Ezra Reviy‘iy is known to us as 4 Ezra. In this wisdom did Ezra teach us, in Ri’shon 13:6,-- - "And on you O Adam, while in my garden and obedient to me, did that bright light rest also. 7 But when I heard of your transgression, I deprived you of that bright light. Yet of my mercy, I did not turn you into darkness, but I made you your body of flesh, over which I spread this skin, in order that it may bear cold and heat.”
Unquote

I then began to understand what Ezra was teaching and what I had never realized. Torah is teaching that the nakedness of Adam and Eve was not the flesh but was indeed their radiance of light. How do we know this? We know this because here in Ezra’s account, it was after the transgression that God made Adam and Eve into flesh and then covered this flesh with skin.

Then what is meant when Torah teaches us in Genesis 2:25, that while in the celestial garden and in the celestial covering “And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.?”

Meaning that when first created and before the transgression, the man and woman were not of flesh but were covered in coats of light and were naked. They were not in the flesh at this time.

Is this why Genesis tells us --
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:

Is God Flesh? God is not flesh and if not flesh then made man in His image and likeness [substance]. It is written in 1Co_15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Ezra teaches us that bro’shoth 65: 7 “Then Adam and Chuah came back into the cave sorrowful and crying because of the alteration of their bodies. And they both knew from that hour that they were altered beings, that all hope of returning to the garden was now lost; and they could not enter it. 8 For now their bodies had strange functions and all flesh that requires food and drink for its existence cannot be in the garden.”

This then teaches us that the skin that replaced the radiant glory of covering that was in the garden was not of slain beasts, as so many assume, but was actually the covering of flesh that we experience to day. This skin does not cover nakedness but only serves the purpose of a covering of flesh. This teaches us also that God then reformed man from a celestial being into a terrestrial being after the transgression. Even oral Torah was uncertain and gave us two renditions of uncertainty while Torah kept its secret tightly locked away.

--------------------------------

In my understanding of Ezra's teaching is that this entire universe [prior to its curse] was of celestial substance with celestial inhabitants who are believed [by some] to be the kings and their host which are found listed in the kings list. The Kings List is believed to be the fallen host of the first war between God and the first celestial host. All were of the substance of the heavenly host.

As man was formed from this celestial earth, he was then placed in the Garden to be kept from danger of these fallen ones but remember that all of creation at this time was of the celestial substance. Adam was a light bearing creature formed from the purity of this new creation called universe. Earth was not cursed at this time nor had any conception of the meaning of death. Death was not instituted till the curse of earth.

As Ezra now explains, both man and woman sinned in the garden and the trees of the garden [including tree of life] were taken from them with the curse of earth. All of this new perfect universe was created with earth including both man and woman. With the curse of death cast upon this creation brought substance change upon all earth [entire universe]. This includes man and woman. Both man and woman were cast out from the Garden and disallowed the trees of their existence. They both suffered substance change from light bearing creatures into terrestrial skin covered creatures as we are now. This is the teaching of Ezra.

As man and woman were cast out of the Garden, the celestial kings were also cast into the earth and Sheol was instituted for the pro created which would be procreated from Adam and Eve.

I don't know of any church doctrine that would accept this understanding but this a teaching of some Nazarene's of certain isolated groups. lol

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: vethumanbeing
Whoa!!!…I feel like rolling out the red Carpet for your return...(For your 007 Movie Premiere)
Yes…there I am indeed…I get around you know…but I aint no square lol…unless I’m on the Chessboard…

Nice to see you back…I thought you had left this site for good... for other avenues and adventures and stuff. I even lit a candle in remembrance lol…just out of respect and admiration of course…nothing morbid or anything; it was a family show after all…

I had to go back to rememberence school YYY; why I am here what is happening (for real and why). Like a walk in the park by a scary Monster as their dog pet on a different planet.

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
His image of a perfect meat robot.

JC You mean…God meat Robot or Robot meet God lol Just got my hands on some French Rosicrucian documents and they write Rose Cross with an f type symbol… like this…

It kinda looks like Croft without the T…how freaky is that

Anyway…Great to see you back…- JC

Perfect. Robot is mechanical God/meat sack human is God...You know the Human is Gods most perfect reflection of what It thinks It wants to be or function as/is. We are defining IT (ourselves) as God. Its a setup; I no longer want to be responsible for Gods idea of Itself (murderer, lover, hater, extremest). Is God the consumate masterbater (just thinking).

edit on 8-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I have always believed it refers to the "Soul" created in His image. As in "I knew you before you were born".

That is one way to give an idea an image but what is the point?

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

The point is that the soul is real, a real thing, made of the same stuff as God.

But of course, I suppose most Americans dont believe in the existence of the soul.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I had to go back to rememberence school YYY; why I am here what is happening (for real and why). Like a walk in the park by a scary Monster as their dog pet on a different planet.

Back to “Remembrance School"… to remember how to spell Remembrance lol

Sorry…I just couldn’t resist it
…The comedic material was just too good to pass up on…

Wow…so you of all people had to go back…Well, I hope you didn’t have to climb back up to 33 degrees in virtual snakes and ladders style...

Not sure what else you had to remember/re-learn…but The Papal situation appears to be running smoothly lol

Perfect. Robot is mechanical God/meat sack human is God...You know the Human is Gods most perfect reflection of what It thinks It wants to be or function as/is. We are defining IT (ourselves) as God. Its a setup; I no longer want to be responsible for Gods idea of Itself (murderer, lover, hater, extremest).

You know…they say Christian Rosen Clutz lol…oops I mean Croix....makes an appearance every once in while…to help guide the fraternity members and the masses at large down a more loving spiritual path. But where is he…he could literally be anywhere right now…

Is God the consumate masterbater (just thinking).

You may qualify as the “Master Baiter” yourself…with questions like that…lol

But seriously…God is the consummate “Everything”…Consummate meaning skilled at whatever the task may be…

Of course there is dual meaning in consummate, meaning marriage or union… The chemical wedding by Christian Rosen Croix…SPRINGS (coiled) to mind…

- JC

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

The point is that the soul is real, a real thing, made of the same stuff as God.
But of course, I suppose most Americans dont believe in the existence of the soul.

The soul sure is real partner..and not made of 'matter' more starstuff energy and all. Did you know ones soul does not reside in ones body? It sits just outside of it; a new redefined "aura".

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Sorry…I just couldn’t resist it
…The comedic material was just too good to pass up on…
Wow…so you of all people had to go back…Well, I hope you didn’t have to climb back up to 33 degrees in virtual snakes and ladders style...

I spelled it that way and it looked wrong for the meaning an intended miss spell on purpose is far more fun: (Eucharist/Uarechrist/ You Are Christ).

Joecroft Not sure what else you had to remember/re-learn…but The Papal situation appears to be running smoothly lol.

You would be surprised; DaVinci disapeared into the heavens for two years in order to advance his education. Papal situ? After being dared by someone to get rid of the German Ratz he resigned 7 days later. What would you like to discuss regarding the Vatican? Its hanging on (it pays its taxes) but its constituancy is not reproducing as it used to is it, nor are they conquering 3rd world nations as they used to/robber barrons of the soul.

Joecroft You know…they say Christian Rosen Clutz lol…oops I mean Croix....makes an appearance every once in while…to help guide the fraternity members and the masses at large down a more loving spiritual path. But where is he…he could literally be anywhere right now…

Cultist activity ramping up; dug in somewhere probably waiting for the Church formerly known as Morman to show the white flag of surrender (realize Jesus reappeared in the USA a century+some decades ago). Guide those earnest ones studying the frat brothers down another rabbit hole.

Is God the consumate masterbater (just thinking).

Joecroft You may qualify as the “Master Baiter” yourself…with questions like that…lol
But seriously…God is the consummate “Everything”…Consummate meaning skilled at whatever the task may be…
Of course there is dual meaning in consummate, meaning marriage or union… The chemical wedding by Christian Rosen Croix…SPRINGS (coiled) to mind…- JC

I blame God for all things and It needs to be arraigned and brought before a grand jury "The Devil and Daniel Webster" style; It is a slippery being and will not fall for any of my booby traps.

edit on 9-2-2019 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I spelled it that way and it looked wrong for the meaning an intended miss spell on purpose is far more fun: (Eucharist/Uarechrist/ You Are Christ).

Absolutely…may as well be Mr playtime fun…than plain old humdrum….

You would be surprised; DaVinci disapeared into the heavens for two years in order to advance his education. Papal situ? After being dared by someone to get rid of the German Ratz he resigned 7 days later. What would you like to discuss regarding the Vatican? Its hanging on (it pays its taxes) but its constituancy is not reproducing as it used to is it, nor are they conquering 3rd world nations as they used to/robber barrons of the soul.

2 Years…Wow…you can’t beat a long vacation…to relax and unwind…

I’d like to get into those secret Vatican Archives….like they did in the Movie the Da Vinci Code or was it Angels & Demons…not sure which…Tom Hanks was in both Movies.

Discuss Regarding the Vatican…hmmm…Where too begin…It’s seems clear to me that another organization controls the Vatican…The Keyhole shape in the centre of Rome is dead give away imo…

You loving the Pope is starting to make a lot more sense now…

I blame God for all things and It needs to be arraigned and brought before a grand jury "The Devil and Daniel Webster" style; It is a slippery being and will not fall for any of my booby traps.

I’m not sure a fair Judge & jury could be found, and even the executioner would fail miserably lol

That Movie is Deep though…

- JC

posted on Feb, 10 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Discuss Regarding the Vatican…hmmm…Where too begin…It’s seems clear to me that another organization controls the Vatican…The Keyhole shape in the centre of Rome is dead give away imo…You loving the Pope is starting to make a lot more sense now…

I love the Pope for all of the wrong reasons as he is a most uninformed person of (diligent study) religious experience. All of them; Bishops and Cardinals seem to be willing dupes for an evil agenda.

Joecroft I’m not sure a fair Judge & jury could be found, and even the executioner would fail miserably lol
That Movie is Deep though…- JC

There is a Catholic thread happening right now that is interesting (hateful) calling all religions 'cults'. This Church is more an Army without its Jesuit Marines.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join