It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Senators Deny Agent Orange Benefits For Veterans.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
As long as you feel that another human has rule over you, you do not deserve #. I place no blame on the Gov, because they did, then told you they did, and you sat there whining. Nobody owe's you freedom or rights, it is inherently your's to begin with, and if you give it up, well that is your fault.

Nobody is holding anyone hostage

My dad had two choices, go to war or go to jail.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

Well, the actual facts seem to say that they wanted more information on the subject instead of just rubber-stamping it for "feelz".

Wouldn't really make a very sensational "Republicans Heartless Bastards" thread though.

Thanks for an explanation of why the vote went that way..

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   
From your Military Times link:

VA Secretary Robert Wilkie voiced his opposition to the bill in September, citing cost concerns and insufficient scientific evidence. He urged lawmakers to hold off until a new study is released in 2019.

So there's no money and lack of scientific evidence.

Why should we vote to authorize something before the study report is released and the results are analyzed?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

As long as you feel that another human has rule over you, you do not deserve #. I place no blame on the Gov, because they did, then told you they did, and you sat there whining. Nobody owe's you freedom or rights, it is inherently your's to begin with, and if you give it up, well that is your fault.

You are the profane, the Goyim. If you have no idea how natural law works or even the inclination to learn, then you deserve to be bound by chains. Nobody is holding anyone hostage. it is all in your head. Be free, or don't. Stop bitching.

You get tricked into a false war, then want the tricksters to somehow pay you back for your ignorance?

So how is that working out for you so far, living in a world with no government or laws to constrain you?

Isn't that thought pattern called Narcissistic personality disorder?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
How many new agent orange studies do we need?

www.publichealth.va.gov...

www.nap.edu...

www.cancer.org...

embryo.asu.edu...

GOP just keeps giving the dembs more detrimental campaign info.

2020 is going to be a turkey shoot....No money to help vets but "build that wall"
edit on 29-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
If anything those vets should be jailed for life. You went and murdered another people's in their homeland because WHO told you so? And you just said OK? I am done with games, all facts now.
edit on 29-1-2019 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

There is no reason under the sun, with the information available, that anyone should be joining any military and claim to be innocent. Ignorance is no excuse anymore when the information is out in the open.

This is one thing order followers will never understand or admit, that the order giver never holds blame because the order follower is the one who caused a violation of free will in the first place for carrying out the order.. The order giver just used his lips to make sound, which is speech, and not a violation.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
How many new agent orange studies do we need?

www.publichealth.va.gov...

www.nap.edu...

www.cancer.org...

embryo.asu.edu...

GOP just keeps giving the dembs more detrimental campaign info.

2020 is going to be a turkey shoot....

I guess you missed the part about these vets being the "Blue Water" group... or are not aware of what that actually means.

Let me help...

Blue Water Veterans are not presumed to have been exposed to Agent Orange or other herbicides. Some of the open sea ships docked to the shore of Vietnam, operated in Vietnam's close coastal waters and sent smaller vessels ashore, or conducted operations on the inland waterways of Vietnam.

These Blue Water Veterans, who did not set foot in Vietnam or serve aboard ships that operated on the inland waterways of Vietnam anytime between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, must show on a factual basis that they were exposed to herbicides during military service to receive disability compensation for diseases related to Agent Orange exposure. These claims are decided on a case-by-case basis.

VA maintains an evolving list of U.S. Navy and Coast Guard ships associated with military service in Vietnam and possible exposure to Agent Orange based on military records. The latest version of the ships list can be found on VBA’s “Veterans Exposed to Agent Orange” Web page.

Veterans who stepped foot in Vietnam or served on its inland waterways anytime between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975, are presumed to have been exposed to herbicides when claiming service-connection for diseases related to Agent Orange exposure. Veterans in these circumstances can find the ship(s) on which they served in the list as well.

Veteran's Affairs, Public Health

This has nothing to do with what you posted, in other words.

Bolding mine... if any of them so much as stepped foot on Vietnam soil are already presumed to have been exposed.

Those who were not even in the area are attempting to claim benefits, though.

So something that needs a little more study.

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy

Conscripted into service, poisoned by the government, hated by society, and now, disavowed by republican senators. What a sad sick country this has become.
Facts:www.stripes.com...
Further Reading: www.militarytimes.com...
mavenroundtable.io... cw/

How did Navy sailors come in contact with Agent Orange?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: soundguy

Conscripted into service, poisoned by the government, hated by society, and now, disavowed by republican senators. What a sad sick country this has become.
Facts:www.stripes.com...
Further Reading: www.militarytimes.com...
mavenroundtable.io... cw/

How did Navy sailors come in contact with Agent Orange?

If you served on a Blue Water Navy ship on the inland waterways of Vietnam between January 9, 1962, and May 7, 1975—or you ever came ashore in Vietnam—you likely had contact with Agent Orange. The U.S. military used this toxic chemical to clear trees and plants during the war. Find out if you can get disability compensation or benefits for illnesses believed to be caused by contact with Agent Orange.

VA.gov

If one patrolled inland waterways in Vietnam one likely was exposed to AO—even residually— by virtue of being in the midst of where it was spread: surrounded by contaminated jungle.

edit on 29-1-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

If you want to discuss the subject at hand, discuss it on the thread and don't PM me with your issues.

Or make a thread about your fantasy so we can all discuss it!

Because I already have my share of stalkers.

Thank you in advance...

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I have all the sympathy in the world for veterans either injured in active duty or harmed long term from some sort of exposure.
My dad was a Korean War veteran and I know what he saw and sacrificed.

But you also can't give benefits to every soldier that heard of agent orange.
It's a pretty damn big stretch to believe that the navy was exposed to very much defoliant.
Not much need for that in the ocean.

Why can't we wait until the study is released this year?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

If you want to discuss the subject at hand, discuss it on the thread and don't PM me with your issues.

Thank you in advance...

something went wrong here trying to quote 2 at once

You are under the illusion that another human has authority and power over you. I have transcended that because I am aware that we all have the same true powers. Nothing will change at all until people realize this.

(post by soundguy removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Let me give you an example... Katrina... People who banded together prove that we do not need the police. People can take care of themselves.. That created a huge power differential, so what happened? They said no and took their weapons away to make their illusion of authority relevant and "justified".

By wanting and agreeing with gov and man made law shows that you are immature, and need some type of savior, because you feel powerless deep down. This immaturity is exactly why there is a need to control you, because you cannot do it yourself. Or can you?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Still nobody cares

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
When it’s a life or death decision, where do you stand? For a wall or for people that died for our country? Sad and sick. Right comrade? Err on the side of compassion, that’s what Jesus would do. a reply to: Lumenari

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Veterans of that war see it as a democrat war. All lies and so on about the war, the leading into it, with the democrats hand in hand with the military industrial complex. Agent orange was approved for use under the democrats and the funding appropriated at their leadership. So they are not likely to vote democrat.......thats why there wasn't even any sweeping legislation under democrat full control of all three branches a few years ago. Whats in Obama care for agent orange sufferers?

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Just reporting for duty. Unfortunately those given to obfuscation will ignore the fact that these ( those potentially afflicted) were conscripted. It’s my opinion that we should errr on the side of treatment. a reply to: rjbaggins

(post by soundguy removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Thank you in advance...

something went wrong here trying to quote 2 at once

You are under the illusion that another human has authority and power over you. I have transcended that because I am aware that we all have the same true powers. Nothing will change at all until people realize this.

Just tell that to the next cop that pulls you over.

Tell it to the judge as well.

Then tell it to your prison guard.

Once you have transcended your jail cell, come back and make a thread about it.

I understand WHERE you are coming from, in principle.

However, THAT form of self-governance is but a delusion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join